Partick Thistle Football Club Trust Meeting

Fawlty Towers

I was at the front so hard to tell how many extra people came in after me but I would estimate 60 to 70 people in attendance which is more than the previous 2 meetings put together.

1. Maxi gave an overview of the club/football structure and there was a slide which gave a breakdown of the crowds for our league games this season. The average home support is just over 2,500. It was stated by someone that our season ticket prices were too low and they would gladly pay an extra £15 - £20 to generate more funds for Archie.

2.There was an acknowledgement that maybe the options for the home top were not the best but whilst we are in the current deal it will be a catalogue effort. Players and management are very happy with quality of training gear and kits.

3. Strict Liability was the issue which generated the most discussion. The club will be putting the document given out at the meeting on the website and fans will be able to contribute their views on this. A separate discussion on this would probably be best.

4. A disabled lift will be getting installed in the JH Stand which will obviously help with our disabled fans getting access to the Alan Rough Suite. The club are also in discussions re an elevated platform to give disabled fans a better view.

5. In terms of getting more fans to games the club, academy and community trust realise they need to better at "joined up thinking" so that they are all promoting each other when they are doing their thing with other groups. More publicity re under 16s getting in free and getting out and about in the community required.

6. Meet The Board evening planned for March may get put back to April and the next Trust meeting will be arranged once the fixtures for after the split are announced.

7. People in the room were very happy with Jagzone. Around 450 people on the basic package and 100 on the other package. Looking at initiatives around getting more people signed up possibly in conjuction with season tickets.

A very good meeting in my opinion.

Edited by Fawlty Towers
  • Like 1

So are the Club rethinking the choice of strips for next season?

No. Maxi did say that seeing a kit in "the flesh" is quite different from picking an image on a piece of paper/website and he hopes that people who were maybe not too keen on either will be pleasantly surprised when they see the kit.

Yes, thanks for the info, flashman and FT. Much appreciated. Particularly good to hear about how advanced plans are re disabled access to the JHS.

I realise by not attending I'm open to obvious criticism but the notion of increasing ST prices with the increased revenue ring-fenced for Archie's player fund is confusing. What is wrong with the proposer and anyone in agreement simply paying the current ST charge and donating £15- £20 thru the player fund or some other vehicle? It looks from a distance rather presumptive of the proposer to suggest that the Club have pitched ST prices too low or that ST purchasers would be indifferent to a price increase along these lines. If so would that not undermine the purpose of the Player Fund? Apologies if by my absence I've misinterpreted this.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for the info, flashman and FT. Much appreciated. Particularly good to hear about how advanced plans are re disabled access to the JHS.

I realise by not attending I'm open to obvious criticism but the notion of increasing ST prices with the increased revenue ring-fenced for Archie's player fund is confusing. What is wrong with the proposer and anyone in agreement simply paying the current ST charge and donating £15- £20 thru the player fund or some other vehicle? It looks from a distance rather presumptive of the proposer to suggest that the Club have pitched ST prices too low or that ST purchasers would be indifferent to a price increase along these lines. If so would that not undermine the purpose of the Player Fund? Apologies if by my absence I've misinterpreted this.

It was just one person who stated that he felt we were pitching our season ticket prices too low and when asked how much he felt they could be priced at he stated he would gladly pay another £15 for his. I agree with your points, if you want to make an extra payment there is nothing to stop you. The only thing I would say is that we have held prices for a few seasons so a rise probably has to come as some point.

It was just one person who stated that he felt we were pitching our season ticket prices too low and when asked how much he felt they could be priced at he stated he would gladly pay another £15 for his. I agree with your points, if you want to make an extra payment there is nothing to stop you. The only thing I would say is that we have held prices for a few seasons so a rise probably has to come as some point.

Thanks, FT. Any change to ST prices and/or pay at the gate will be a commercial decision,. pure and simple.

The Bing - planning permission granted but no interested parties to put money into a development. Looking at approx 1000 seat stand in addition to the main development. PROPCO are still a thing.

I know it's trivial in terms of the attendance benefits, but I really hope this is something we can get funding for. The bing is an absolute eyesore. It's actually embarrassing when our highlights are on and someone scores a goal in front of a bunch of scaffolding. Yeah, it's an aesthetic issue, and therefore something that I'd guess will be pretty far down the list of priorities for the club (which makes sense), but I really hope we can get something done about it in the next few years.

Edited by Roque

I know it's trivial in terms of the attendance benefits, but I really hope this is something we can get funding for. The bing is an absolute eyesore. It's actually embarrassing when our highlights are on and someone scores a goal in front of a bunch of scaffolding. Yeah, it's an aesthetic issue, and therefore something that I'd guess will be pretty far down the list of priorities for the club (which makes sense), but I really hope we can get something done about it in the next few years.

100% in agreement with this.

With the re-introduction of standing areas at parkhead in mind, would it be an idea to re-create a modern-day terracing similar to how it was originally? It would surely cost half of what the North Stand cost.

For me though, we have spent enough re-developing Firhill to the detriment of the on-field side of the club. I would rather focus on having better quality players than an aesthetically pleasing ground.

I would say though that the two go hand in hand. Until we have a team capable of winning the league then we will never require an additional 1000 seats at Firhill. The only way to attract crowds is to be successful, everyone knows that. At the moment we deem survival as success. Try telling that to a glory hunter that only wants to support the team that's winning trophies. This country is littered with these very people. There are buses from Aberdeen going to watch sevco and celtic every other week. It affects every club in Scotland. There is very little chance of that ever changing now due to the gulf in terms of money. Its inevitable to be the death of Scottish football altogether. If we could be remotely successful we would at least be an attractive alterative

Did anyone raise the issue of the public address system? Could someone do so at the next meeting? It's an absolute joke in the JHS - towards the back at least.

I challenge any board member to come to the back of the stand and see if they can hear the teams being announced, half-time scores, announcements etc. Could someone please tell the guy with the mike that not only can we just about hear him, but speaking to the half-time guest is completely pointless? Not a criticism of him, just technical. I'm sure he's doing his best.

Even the police message before kick-off was quieter than usual on Saturday so this is not just a moan, it's a potential public safety issue.

Ironically the few times I've been over in the old (sorry, main) stand it was loud and clear so is it the actual speakers in the JHS?

We sit at the 18yd line at the city end and the announcements were all fine on Saturday.

The only bit that was quiet was the interview with former player who seemed to speak very softly. The announcer before and after the interview was very clear.

Looks like it might be duff speakers at your bit of the stand.

We sit at the 18yd line at the city end and the announcements were all fine on Saturday.

The only bit that was quiet was the interview with former player who seemed to speak very softly. The announcer before and after the interview was very clear.

Looks like it might be duff speakers at your bit of the stand.

Think so.

Took a wander along to the bing end of the JHS concourse and could definitely hear the announcements much better. Where I sit just past the hospitality section it's a real struggle to hear what's being said.

It seems to me that the absolutely major question, the one that would win us games, championships and probably the European Cup is why the heck do we almost invariably play the first half towards the North Stand and the next away? It has been a bugbear of mine ever since I realized it was happening.

This Jags supporter want's to know!

It seems to me that the absolutely major question, the one that would win us games, championships and probably the European Cup is why the heck do we almost invariably play the first half towards the North Stand and the next away? It has been a bugbear of mine ever since I realized it was happening.

Careful, there! You could be asked to head up a sub committee to look into this matter.

It's been happening for years, and like yourself, I've no idea why.

It's been happening for years, and like yourself, I've no idea why.

I'd like to know how many goals we have scored and conceded at the city end and the north end in 1st and 2nd halves since it became a home support stand. Notwithstanding the atmosphere when in full swing, is there any advantage for us to be shooting at that end? Of course the anomalies of the gruesome twosome invading the north stand would need to be factored in.

Anybody with nothing better to do?