Tomas Cerny

Lindau

Maybe TJR can give us some stats but Tomas must be racking up a record amount of shutouts to appearances for a Thistle goalkeeper. Certainly 6 shutouts in the last 8 games and he had a great record last season as well. This has got to be one of the best defences we have had in years. Would love to know how many shutouts to appearances he has had since he joined. Would also love to see him getting another contract extension ASAP!!

Ha! No disrespect to Scully or others but the difference in the defence when he is in goals is staggering. Hard to believe he couldn't get a game in a struggling Hibs side a couple of seasons back.

TC didn't have to make a real save today. I was a bit disappointed with his lack of timewasting, tbh...

Maybe TJR can give us some stats but Tomas must be racking up a record amount of shutouts to appearances for a Thistle goalkeeper. Certainly 6 shutouts in the last 8 games and he had a great record last season as well. This has got to be one of the best defences we have had in years. Would love to know how many shutouts to appearances he has had since he joined. Would also love to see him getting another contract extension ASAP!!

That's 19 in 49 competitive games for the Top Cat, which translates to 38.78% of games, a fantastic ratio and well above the club's historical average of 22.79%.

Always tricky to analyze these things - Lindsay Hamilton had 4 in 5 games for a mighty 80%, almost, but not quite, saving us from relegation to the third tier in '98.

Of the 'keepers that have played 10 games or more, TC is currently third only to Robert Hamilton (6 in 13 games, 46.2%) and James Ferguson (23 in 51 games, 45.1%), both of whom existed in our halcyon clean-sheet days of the 1910s.

That's 19 in 49 competitive games for the Top Cat, which translates to 38.78% of games, a fantastic ratio and well above the club's historical average of 22.79%.

Thanks TJR, that is indeed a fantastic record especially as we are playing far better sides in the top league than some of the others quoted and also for more games than most of the others mentioned.

Edited by Lindau

Has anyone noticed that when it comes to goal kicks, in recent seasons both sets of players congregate like pigeons surrounding a pile of breadcrumbs, wide on the centre line.

On Saturday this happened at least a dozen times or more, and every Thistle goalkick was won by a Hamilton player.

Surely if it is not working the players can show some initiative and try some thing different. Like wide men staying wide, and central men staying central, giving Cerny several options when kicking the ball out?

Has anyone noticed that when it comes to goal kicks, in recent seasons both sets of players congregate like pigeons surrounding a pile of breadcrumbs, wide on the centre line.

On Saturday this happened at least a dozen times or more, and every Thistle goalkick was won by a Hamilton player.

Surely if it is not working the players can show some initiative and try some thing different. Like wide men staying wide, and central men staying central, giving Cerny several options when kicking the ball out?

Noticed this on Sat and joked to my son it would be fun if TC did kick ball up other side. Did remind me of wonky snooker table I used to have where all the balls always congregated on one side.

I wonder what the thinking is behind this?

Perhaps some qualified coach type could advise what the tactic is here?

'Ring-a-ring-a-roses' could be blasted over the p.a. system the next time we get a goal kick, and the players of both sides could hold hands and do a wee jig!

At least it would be more entertaining than the guff we had to endure during the first half on Saturday!

Cerny is a brilliant keeper and probably our most important player. I seriously doubt we'd have gone through that run at the start of the season of conceding last minute goals if he was fit. I think it's as much his organising as his actual goalkeeping that make the difference. You can see how much Danny Devine's performances have improved with him back.

He's a pretty poor kicker, but he more than makes up for it with everything else he offers.

• Like 2