Celtic's 1967 Display On Thursday Night...

P-T-118

I'm sure everyone will be aware that celtic are planning a display on thursday night to celebrate the aniversary of their European cup success...

On their return to glasgow in 1967 the whole of glasgow came out onto the streets to applaud / congratulate them as the drove through the city.

My feeling is we should acknowledge their achievement... I'm notsuggesting we join in with their '67 chant but maybe a simple applause - after all (no matter what you & I think of some of their cretin fans) it was a fantastic achievement.

My feeling is we should acknowledge their achievement... I'm notsuggesting we join in with their '67 chant but maybe a simple applause - after all (no matter what you & I think of some of their cretin fans) it was a fantastic achievement.

Nah, yer okay mate. It was embarrassing enough when some of our fans joined in with shining their phones during the 67th minute at Parkhead.

FTOF

• Like 1

On their return to glasgow in 1967 the whole of glasgow came out onto the streets to applaud / congratulate them as the drove through the city.

Whole of Glasgow out on the streets? Learn something new every day. I've always assumed that was something to with the imminent release of Sergeant Pepper's. Anyway whole of Glasgow minus at least one person. I did tho' applaud/congratulate Mssrs Gemmell, Wallace, Lennox & Simpson wholeheartedly but that was a month earlier. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

I did tho' applaud/congratulate Mssrs Gemmell, Wallace, Lennox & Simpson wholeheartedly but that was a month earlier. :thumbsup2:

ah, the '67 world cup final - the best 'non thistle' football afternoon of all time....

Edited by robphil

We have 4 years to plan our own double celebrations at Paranoia Park which I am sure they would be happy to allow us to do.The Centenary of our Scottish Cup win & the 50th anniversary of our league cup win .

We won the Scottish @ Parkhead & humped them in the league cup.

I am sure they would be overjoyed to join in our celebrations & they could inconvenience their own support by moving us to a more prominent area of the stadium say opposite the players tunnel.

• Like 2

P-T-118... I applaud your goodwill to all, your spirit of fraternity and your pride in what was a great achievement for the city of Glasgow. I actually find your attitude particularly Thistlesque, in its tolerance, respect and sporting appreciation. But I'm afraid you're a better person than the rest of us.

• Like 1