Archie In The Running For Aberdeen Job?

I feel this would be more of a worry than was Archie leaving for Shrewsbury/Swindon jobs to be honest. I do feel he would be high up on Aberdeen's potential candidates. Mcinnes might also leave a good word in as they are pals and being glass half empty type it could also have the knock on effect of Aberdeen making move for Keown. Fingers crossed as I would hate to see Archie in away dugout at Firhill.

While he will be linked as will Tommy Wright a lot of the Dons fans would like to see Alex Neil as their gaffer. In both us and st johnstones case the Dons would need to offer compensation- maybe not a fortune but still money - with Neil they would be getting someone who's managed at a far higher level than either Archie or Wright and not have to pay compo

I am slightly concerned though at our lack of signings and did wonder if this was because Archie was expected to move on so we would need to wait for a new guy but doubt that's the case

Edited by Third Lanark

I would expect Wright to be above Archie in the pecking order. I'm still not convinced by Neil, he did well with Accies, but I was surprised he'd done enough to convince Norwich to take him. I think he would do ok for teams like us, but not higher teams

I think the fact that we haven't been competitive against the top teams will go against him.

But if he was appointed, it would be interesting to see what players he would try and take with him.

Azeez in an Aberdeen starting 11?

Edited by Big Col

If Aberdeen came calling I think that Archie would find it very difficult to turn down. Regular European football, great chance of cup wins, working with a better quality of player, prospect of a spanking new stadium and good facilities. And from a personal financial point of view undoubtedly a bigger wage packet. As I have said before a few guys in my work keep mentioning him.

I don't see it - yet - if I'm being honest. I am up here in Aberdeen and a lot of the talk is on Neil and Wright, even Moyes! I haven't seen anything about Archie at all.

Archie has just landed Spittal, so I think hes looking forward and progressing with Thistle at the moment. One more season with Archie seems inevitable in my opinion.