Getting Sick Of This

Pinhead

Injuries always injuries! Is there....

A: Something wrong with the players we sign that they break so easily?

B: Our training sucks?

C: Both A&B?

Well I can think of a D, an E and at a push an F. Whatever, we go with a smaller squad than most but with a decent percentage of that small squad being what can be considered as regular first team players, as opposed to what you could describe as "squad players". Stands to reason that injuries will impact harder with a club with such an outlook.

I suggest if you're "getting sick of this" you come along to the Open Day and ask Archie about our pre-season/injuries/training regimen. It would be genuinely interesting to hear his and/or Shaggy's response. Certainly can't disagree with your concern

eta if there's anything anybody can remotely concoct from above to be a pun or a joke (unfunny or otherwise) please accept my apology as it was totally unmeant. :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

My problem with this m'lady is that we've picked up a number pre-season injuries before a ball is even kicked to key players. That is the worry. If they are injured during games that's a different matter & part and parcel of the game

Nowhere am I disagreeing with that. Our small squad just makes injuries more acute. If anyone believes there's an underlying reason for our injury mini crisis (a perfectly reasonable doubt) then I suggest they ask Archie at the Open Day.

We have signed a few players who have quality but are prone to injury.. When you think of the last few years our injury list has been pretty ridiculous. We need 2 defenders an out and out centre half and one who can play both Right back and centre half as Barton can't play in a back 4. And obviously 2 strikers. Don't care about this cup but by the looks of things we could already be out ? Instead of filling the team with first team players out of position, why not try a few of the young guys

• Like 1

We have signed a few players who have quality but are prone to injury.. When you think of the last few years our injury list has been pretty ridiculous. We need 2 defenders an out and out centre half and one who can play both Right back and centre half as Barton can't play in a back 4. And obviously 2 strikers. Don't care about this cup but by the looks of things we could already be out ? Instead of filling the team with first team players out of position, why not try a few of the young guys

What?

• Like 1

For what it's worth, and despite winning last year, we played better against Livi than we did against Airdrie. Gotta a bad feeling that even if we beat St Mirren losing the penalty shoot out will cost us.

If we win the rest of our games, we're absolutely guaranteed to go through. There's not a chance that 10 points won't be enough for us to get, at worst, one of the 4 best runners up spots.

I think some people need to find other interests, so that when there isn't much going on at Thistle they are not sitting rocking in their chairs, chewing their fingers and howling at the walls.

I prefer my rocking chair , pipe (St. Bruno), a bit of Val Doonican and smoking jacket to chewing my nails and howling at the wall.

• Like 1

I'm concerned slightly - we've no chance of winning the league (there, I said it) so other than the survival & the Scottish Cup, what are we competing for?

One thing that is guaranteed to keep crowds away is playing the same old teams week in week out, which is where a bit of cup distraction comes in very handy. We don't want to be out before the thing begins in earnest, so I'm afraid to say that tomorrow's game is our first 'must win' of the season!

Feels daft saying 'must win' after only one game, but if we lose, we could easily be eliminated from one of the two competitions we have any chance of winning (or even getting a wee day out to Hampden for).

3-0 Thistle.

I'm with Gary P T on this. Can tho' understand those not bothered with the League Cup, as even when we got to the final of the Challenge Cup I was largely indifferent about that trophy. Sure I wanted us to win it but didn't lose much sleep when we didn't. Difference with the League Cup is it's open to ALL clubs and is after all 50% of the trophies we can feasibly win.

Would I rather we win a cup and get relegated is a question for another day. I do tho' believe the manager has to make that decision even before the League kicks off. I guess we all know Archie's viewpoint and I doubt he'll do anything to weaken the side he puts out at Easter Rd.

Lovely day for the football.... At least its warm enough to wear a football top and still be able to feel your toes at the end of the game. Due to our players being so prone to injury, i half expect the starting 11 to be made up of mainly youngsters incase they start melting in the rain

• Like 1