St Johnstone League Cup

lithgaejag

I notice that Devine has been omitted from many preferred team selections. What has he done to deserve that?

I was thinking the same thing would prefer him in for Barton or turnbull definitely as Barton hasnt been in great form and turnbull doesn't quite know how the team plays yet.

Whilst I agree Nisbet has been poor so far I feel its unfair to lump everything of him. I've seen him in several development games and he does have ability. Dools didn't exactly hit the ground running or indeed when farmed out to Clyde when he started his Jags career (the rest is ongoing history). If Barton or Osman had been new summer signings or step ups from development squad this season we would all be thinking "oh dear" but we have seen enough of them previously to known that their current form is hopefully temporary so lets give the boy a wee bit more benefit of the doubt until further into the season.

• Like 1

It depends on what you mean by "hit the ground running". Doolan scored six goals for us before being loaned to Clyde, albeit that was in the First Division. Nisbet has a failed Championship loan to his name. It might be too early to call time on his Thistle career, but he shouldn't currently be anywhere near the first team of a Premiership side.

If Nisbet put himself about as much as Azeez I'd see no reason not to start him tonight. Azeez could tire out defenders and, with our own creative players looking spent forces late on in games just now, would at least even things up a bit. I'd love to be proved wrong but I reckon the chances of us scoring a goal in the last ten minutes look remote and we all know what too often happens up the other end.

• Like 1

The best way for him (and most people in every walk of life) to learn is to be chucked in the deep end. Im sure Archie didn't hold back after Saturday and has even said that they have been going over the game against Hibs looking at areas where he must improve. I'm inclined to give him a bit more slack as he is one of our own. I agree though that he has been hiding so far but the service into him has equally been poor.

Apparently he has made 19 appearances in the 1st team, how many of them were from the start? To compare him (or anyone for that matter) to Azeez is slanderous. Now is his chance, if he cant take it, he only has himself to blame.

Edited by MonehJags
  • Like 1

No real shock! He's f**king s**te as S**tey McS**teface! I'm at the game right now but I've just found out Nisbet is starting, I'm seriously leaving he offers absolutely zilch to this team, my old dad could do a better job than him as he used to be an amateur footballer which is a much higher level than Nisbet should be playing at!

Excuse my language but I am very angry about this and now I'm stuck in traffic in the car!

how sad is that!! :unknw::loco:

No real shock! He's f**king s**te as S**tey McS**teface! I'm at the game right now but I've just found out Nisbet is starting, I'm seriously leaving he offers absolutely zilch to this team, my old dad could do a better job than him as he used to be an amateur footballer which is a much higher level than Nisbet should be playing at!

Excuse my language but I am very angry about this and now I'm stuck in traffic in the car!

At the game and in the car stuck in traffic. All in the one post.