Irn Bru Cup - 15Th August

Fawlty Towers

On Tuesday evening the development squad will be playing Stirling University in the Irn Bru Cup at Firhill. It would be good if the young guys got a decent turnout for this and it gives you a chance to see where the money from the 50/50 draw goes.

Kick off is 7.45pm and tickets are £5 per person.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

On Tuesday evening the development squad will be playing Stirling University in the Irn Bru Cup at Firhill. It would be good if the young guys got a decent turnout for this and it gives you a chance to see where the money from the 50/50 draw goes.

Kick off is 7.45pm and tickets are £5 per person.

I thought all developement team matches were on the ST ?

Really Looking forward to the match on Tuesday - enjoyed seeing the young players in a competitive game last year. Stirling Uni is a slightly different fixture too.

I am slightly disappointed that, given the investment the Weirs have made and the development squad potentially playing a big part in our future, we can only be bothered to name two players on the official website.

All the development league games at home are free entry even though many other teams, eg St Johnstone, charge for their home games. Also the SPFL set a recommended min price which is £10 for Adults in this competition so a bit of credit to the club for going below this and hopefully it is a decent crowd for the young guys.

• Like 1

We may be obliged to play overage players but that's more likely because our Development squad isn't yet up to full strength. Kinda hope we don't.

I know the development squad will have been playing friendlies but there has not been too much coverage so it will be interesting to see how they shape up.

I know you see a lot of their games LIB, do you think that putting in older players (usually first teamers coming back from injury) disrupts the development team?

We may be obliged to play overage players but that's more likely because our Development squad isn't yet up to full strength. Kinda hope we don't.

then again if it helps us progress in the competition wouldn't be a bad thing - could be s good day out if we got a trip to one of the Welsh or Irish teams or even if we made a final

I know you see a lot of their games LIB, do you think that putting in older players (usually first teamers coming back from injury) disrupts the development team?

Often does as the overage players are easing their way back to fitness, different agenda. Another thing if we put completely fit first teamers in for the sole purpose of bolstering the Dev Squad. Rather hope we don't against Stirling Uni unless we can't make up the numbers.