Vs. Killie

Jaggernaut

Probably our best performance of the season was up at Mcdermid Park in the Betfred Cup when we won 3 nil and Kevin Nesbitt albeit after a few dodgy performances absolutely rag dolled the St Johnstone defence which included Steven Anderson.

Kevin Nesbitt deservably won the Man of the Match , Archies response was to drop him for the Celtic match and he has hardly been used since. What kind of encouragement is that for our young players ?

It isn’t very encouraging I agree, but I don’t think he is good enough yet

It isn’t very encouraging I agree, but I don’t think he is good enough yet

You could be right but you've got to play young players to help them develop and see what the requirements are at that level ,there has got to be a pathway to encourage young players or any youth system is pointless and financially disabling .

Watching the St Johnstone game , we came down the road impressed with Nesbitts performance and thought the penny had dropped as regards work ethic etc , Archies response was all too predictable

• Like 1

If only the club had some sort of paid for communication channel to keep the fans up to date with the injuries and maybe the odd 'can't wait to get back' style interview eh? Get injured at Firhill and you disappear off the face of the earth.

Banzo featured on Jagzone today and obviously desperate to get back into the action.

I think no matter what formation we have we still seem to play the same way with the ball continually hit out wide and we always seem to have an isolated striker on matter what the formation....

This is also the reason for Archie, season after season, dropping Doolan for the latest man-mountain he can find to fulfil his dreams of the goals of yesteryear: "Get to the byeline and whip it in!" Crosses are not very effective, in contrast to direct play through the centre, but in any case the central defences in our league are set up with giant centre-halves that are more than capable of coping with crosses into the box. We habitually score fewer goals than others in the same league because of the refusal to change the approach and make best use of the players we have.

Do we habitually score fewer goals than others in the same league or are you basing that statement on your current frustration?

That in part, of course, but our success, such as it has been (e.g. last season's entry to the top 6), has been based on a good defensive record rather than scoring a lot.