Team V Stirling

Mr Bunny

It should be straightforward but doubts on some players cause some problems.

Assuming comments on Robertson and Kinniburgh are not just to fool the opposition, we're going to be short at the back unless maxwell comes in.

Actually assuming 3 at the back then the choices are:

Halliwell

then either:

Balatoni MacNamara Maxwell

Paton Cairney Rowson Flannigan Boyle

Buchanan Doolan

or

Paton Balatoni MacNamara Boyle

Cairney Rowson Bannigan/Hodge Flannigan

Buchanan Doolan

With MGeogh/Maxwell, Hodge/Erskine, Grehan and Donnelly on the bench. Or maybe he'd play Donnelly on the wing and Cairney centre mid with Bannigan on the bench.

It should be straightforward but doubts on some players cause some problems.

Assuming comments on Robertson and Kinniburgh are not just to fool the opposition, we're going to be short at the back unless maxwell comes in.

Actually assuming 3 at the back then the choices are:

Halliwell

then either:

Balatoni MacNamara Maxwell

Paton Cairney Rowson Flannigan Boyle

Buchanan Doolan

or

Paton Balatoni MacNamara Boyle

Cairney Rowson Bannigan/Hodge Flannigan

Buchanan Doolan

With MGeogh/Maxwell, Hodge/Erskine, Grehan and Donnelly on the bench. Or maybe he'd play Donnelly on the wing and Cairney centre mid with Bannigan on the bench.

Apparently Bannigan will be playing on Saturday, McCall said so last night. Id go with your 4-4-2 line-up :thumbsup2:

I wouldn't start Liam - I think he needs a spell on the bench and out of the automatic starter list.

I'd go with Donnelly up front with Doolan to start with, and if it's not working out (or when Simon is nackered) Liam or Grehan can come on.

MacNamara is a definite start - really impressed with him last week, especially since he had been out for so long.

I wouldn't start Liam - I think he needs a spell on the bench and out of the automatic starter list.

I'd go with Donnelly up front with Doolan to start with, and if it's not working out (or when Simon is nackered) Liam or Grehan can come on.

MacNamara is a definite start - really impressed with him last week, especially since he had been out for so long.

Might be a shout to start Grehan against his old club. How many times to ex Jags score against us.

Edited by Lenziejag

Maxwell wasn't at the discussion after the Jags Trust AGM because he had been training all day: so he'll be in the squad at least, and probably in the team. Ian McCall also said that on current form Bannigan was difficult to leave out and that Doolan and Buchanan did well together against Ayr United, which suggests that Grehan and/or Donnelly will be on the bench.

It's bizarre.......

Some folks wanting to drop Liam cos he isn't scoring, then in the same breath suggesting Donnelly as his replacement. :blink:

Just maybe some folks think that between the two of them the guy more likely to score at this moment would be Donnelly. They might also believe that, again at this moment, Sid is faster, fitter and has more stamina than Buchanan. I would if pressed tend to agree with them but would still have Liam in the side. Tho' I feel Buchanan is starting to show signs of a return to form the main reason I'd play him would be down to his partnership with Doolan.

Going by what McCall said the other night Bannigan will be in the squad as will Grehan, who also impressed against Killie. I got the impression Bannigan is likely to start. You'd expect Grehan to play at some point, as mentioned earlier it's against his old team, but I imagine he'll be on the bench at kick off.

Just maybe some folks think that between the two of them the guy more likely to score at this moment would be Donnelly. They might also believe that, again at this moment, Sid is faster, fitter and has more stamina than Buchanan. I would if pressed tend to agree with them but would still have Liam in the side. Tho' I feel Buchanan is starting to show signs of a return to form the main reason I'd play him would be down to his partnership with Doolan.

Going by what McCall said the other night Bannigan will be in the squad as will Grehan, who also impressed against Killie. I got the impression Bannigan is likely to start. You'd expect Grehan to play at some point, as mentioned earlier it's against his old team, but I imagine he'll be on the bench at kick off.

Translation: We're f****d :no:

Here's the team:

Halliwell

Boyle

Maxwell

McNamara

Balatoni

Paton

Bannigan

Rowson

Cairney

Buchanan

Doolan

Hinchcliffe

Hodge

Donnelly

Eskine

Grehan

Good stuff, I dreamt I read a match report from our 3-0 win with a Doohlan [sic] brace and Buchanan goal. Bit depressing that I only dream of the match reports and not going to the actual game!