Drums!

iain

I hate drums at the football and I don't want them anywhere near Firhill. At best they are just annoying like the Motherwell drummer who had little rhythm. At worst they help the opposition supporters create more noise and have more influence as with Rangers and Celtic.

Would anyone else like to see them banned from Firhill?

Could we have a poll?

Would it be worth contacting clip?

Ban the drum!!!

Never mind the drums. What instrument would you especially like to be banned from Firhill?

Trombones pose an obvious threat to those seated in front of them, and even baby grand pianos are bad for causing queues to build up at the turnstiles. Violas are notorious for attracting bad jokes that would detract from the quantity of abuse hurled at the oppo. e.g. Q. What does to the viola section of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra have in common with the Beatles? A. Neither have played together since 1969.

However the instrument I would most like to be banned from Firhill is any instrument being played at the time by either Ally Bain or Phil Cunningham. It is almost imposible to turn on any TV programme in Scotland without them appearing and playng the same tune as you heard the last time they were on. What is almost worse than the tunes is that they are wearing a slightly knowing half smile that says "I've won again"

• Like 5

Never mind the drums. What instrument would you especially like to be banned from Firhill?

Trombones pose an obvious threat to those seated in front of them, and even baby grand pianos are bad for causing queues to build up at the turnstiles. Violas are notorious for attracting bad jokes that would detract from the quantity of abuse hurled at the oppo. e.g. Q. What does to the viola section of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra have in common with the Beatles? A. Neither have played together since 1969.

However the instrument I would most like to be banned from Firhill is any instrument being played at the time by either Ally Bain or Phil Cunningham. It is almost imposible to turn on any TV programme in Scotland without them appearing and playng the same tune as you heard the last time they were on. What is almost worse than the tunes is that they are wearing a slightly knowing half smile that says "I've won again"

Eljaggo

I've liked your post because I know exactly what you mean about that knowing half smile.

Having said that I am going to be totally inconsistent by admitting that I quite like Phil Cunningham and Aly Bain!

• Like 1

What is the difference between a viola and a vacuum cleaner ? You have to plug in a vacuum cleaner before it sucks

• Like 1

Going on what we've had to suffer in recent years I'm all in favour of banning drums from Firhill. If however Hamilton Accies turned up with a rattler who had the ability of an Elvin Jones, or for that matter Ross County could muster up a Steve Gadd or Billy Cobham soundalike then I would be open to seeing that policy reviewed.

As an aside. and there's bound to competition, but in terms solely of popular music can anyone come up with a better drumming performance than Steve Gadd's on Paul Simon's Late in the Evening?

• Like 1

Going on what we've had to suffer in recent years I'm all in favour of banning drums from Firhill. If however Hamilton Accies turned up with a rattler who had the ability of an Elvin Jones, or for that matter Ross County could muster up a Steve Gadd or Billy Cobham soundalike then I would be open to seeing that policy reviewed.

As an aside. and there's bound to competition, but in terms solely of popular music can anyone come up with a better drumming performance than Steve Gadd's on Paul Simon's Late in the Evening?

Hadn't heard that song for years, so just Youtubed it. It is indeed quite excellent.

OK. Most people seem to like drums or are not bothered. I therefore withdraw my complaint. Accept my apologies as a grumpy old man.

. . . .

F'n drums

Don't think you should withdraw, iain. There might be a few old men out there who entirely agree with you but don't want to show their grumpy side. Particularly at this time of good will. Just saying. BB1 age 62 1/2 :)

I think we need John Bonham to drum some confidence into our squad over the next few weeks!

On the subject of drums....I got the best present ever for Christmas. A broken drum..... You canna beat it ������

Boom Boom!!

Another grumpy old man enters the fray. Most, nay all, drums at football games sound as bad as any obnoxious street parade (choose your colour here).

Total ban pls!