League 1 odds

elevenone

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Naive question: How did bookies pay out when the season was prematurely ended? Did they simply use final placings, regardless of how many games in hand a team might have had?

I think most did pay out on final placings.  Sure i did read of one bookie though who voided the bets but not 100% sure.

It wouldn't be the first time Iv'e invested a few quid on Thistle. Even allowing for the uncertainity of this season, and the doubt of clubs having a full squad to compete with, I can't see me taking odds on. I'm not sure how bookies arrive at their prices, but there may some value in an outsider for those who can bet against their own team.

21 hours ago, belfastjag said:

It wouldn't be the first time Iv'e invested a few quid on Thistle. Even allowing for the uncertainity of this season, and the doubt of clubs having a full squad to compete with, I can't see me taking odds on. I'm not sure how bookies arrive at their prices, but there may some value in an outsider for those who can bet against their own team.

Airdrie or East Fife could be worth a punt to a betting man or woman, but I could never forgive myself if I backed another team over the Jags  -  and they won:thinking:

Edited by East Kent Jag II

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, elevenone said:

Partick Thistle10/11

Falkirk 15/8

Cove Rangers 7/1

Airdrie 14/1

Montrose 25/1

Clyde 28/1

Dumbarton 28/1

East Fife 28/1

Forfar 40/1

Peterhead 40/1

Who is all lumping their savings on the Jags?  East Fife ok price for each way bet.

With the exception of us and clyde doing worse and peterhead doing better, that is not far away from the current league table.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

• 2 months later...

5/1 today. (bet victor) Can't understand how that works out after last nights results. I still maintain this is a poor league and it wouldn't take much to win it. I didn't see last nights match but from the flak flying about I fear this is our level for some time to come. I have a grandson lives in Ayrshire who I'm trying to initiate, but it's difficult to maintain his interest when we can't beat Forfar.  That's a cross I'm happy to bear, but it seems like I'm punishing an eleven year old. This of course will be a problem familiar to lots of you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, belfastjag said:

5/1 today. (bet victor) Can't understand how that works out after last nights results. I still maintain this is a poor league and it wouldn't take much to win it. I didn't see last nights match but from the flak flying about I fear this is our level for some time to come. I have a grandson lives in Ayrshire who I'm trying to initiate, but it's difficult to maintain his interest when we can't beat Forfar.  That's a cross I'm happy to bear, but it seems like I'm punishing an eleven year old. This of course will be a problem familiar to lots of you.

My Dad introduced me to Thistle during the Benny Rooney era, so your task isn’t impossible