AGM Accounts

javeajag

17 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Going by the Aberdeen reaction I guess not much sympathy for our Glasgow neighbours:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55024741

Thats different.  They are the Mighty Rainjurs. The Queen's XI. The most successful club in the world( even though they arent) . So there is nothing to see hear. Scottish football needs a strong Rainjurs. Move on.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

5 hours ago, sandbank boy said:

I don’t think we can comment too much Norge, we’ve been more than helped by a guy - who was worth 160M - for several years.

We were turning a profit prior to Colin Weir appearing. 
The difference between them and us being there seems to be a long line wanting to help Rangers but we have no line anymore 

Edited by Norgethistle

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

We were turning a profit prior to Colin Weir appearing. 
The difference between them and us being there seems to be a long line wanting to help Rangers but we have no line anymore 

Agreed, but still doesn’t alter the fact we’d be much worse off if Mr Weir hadn’t helped.

Rangers have a huge fan base so it isn’t surprising there’s a queue of folk wanting to invest/donate.

27 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

Agreed, but still doesn’t alter the fact we’d be much worse off if Mr Weir hadn’t helped.

Rangers have a huge fan base so it isn’t surprising there’s a queue of folk wanting to invest/donate.

Potentially, or the general complacency that seemed to set in around the club after he arrived may not have, and we’d still have been turning a profit and maybe stayed a top flight club.
This in no way is made as a detrimental comment towards the late Colin Weir, but part of our club stopped fighting for everything and seemed to believe his backing alone would sort everything out

20 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

With regards to the AGM itself is anyone here going to be zooming in, I suppose the benefit of doing it this way is that people who don't live close enough to attend in person normally will be able to participate?

I’d be really interested to hear the feedback from the AGM especially with us being on the cusp of fan ownership 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Although, it’s not part of last years accounts I would be interested to find out how many are tuning in each week to watch

That’s definitely good data, as is those signed up for Centenary Fund and Jagszone plus how many on two or three of those as this (for fan ownership) helps identify the size of our core support 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Although, it’s not part of last years accounts I would be interested to find out how many are tuning in each week to watch

34 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That’s definitely good data, as is those signed up for Centenary Fund and Jagszone plus how many on two or three of those as this (for fan ownership) helps identify the size of our core support 

Even telling us how many season ticket holders there are would be a start!

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Anything earth shattering from the AGM today?

I don't know what anyone is expecting, we are a dead club and there is no sign of anyone bringing us back to life. We have an incompetent chairman, anonymous board of directors, splintered fanbase, average manager and team, shite academy even though millions have been wasted and a stadium that is half falling down! Only thing i can see changing in next few years is the ownership of the club to an incompetent splintered fanbase that will probably take us further down. But thankfully we have the Petershill Complex for when we go tits up and end up junior or lowland league eh!

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I don't know what anyone is expecting, we are a dead club and there is no sign of anyone bringing us back to life. We have an incompetent chairman, anonymous board of directors, splintered fanbase, average manager and team, shite academy even though millions have been wasted and a stadium that is half falling down! Only thing i can see changing in next few years is the ownership of the club to an incompetent splintered fanbase that will probably take us further down. But thankfully we have the Petershill Complex for when we go tits up and end up junior or lowland league eh!

Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how was your evening?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Chairman will be replaced overtime
Board will be replaced overtime

Fanbase can come back together 

Manager is what he is

Academy isn’t costing us anything 

Stadium will at least be ours this time next year

Petershill complex is nothing to do with Partick Thistle FC it’s Partick Thistle Charitable Trust, not part of the club at all but shares name as a way to help it promote itself, it’s actually grown to big for its current set up so running Petershill makes sense and at no liability to our football club.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Chairman will be replaced overtime
Board will be replaced overtime

Fanbase can come back together 

Manager is what he is

Academy isn’t costing us anything 

Stadium will at least be ours this time next year

Petershill complex is nothing to do with Partick Thistle FC it’s Partick Thistle Charitable Trust, not part of the club at all but shares name as a way to help it promote itself, it’s actually grown to big for its current set up so running Petershill makes sense and at no liability to our football club.

Chairman will be replaced overtime - i would like to believe that to be the case but the wet willies we have as fans who wish to take over accepted her back and would no doubt crown her again when shares are transferred.

Board will be replaced overtime - see above

Fanbase can come back together - true

Manager is what he is - true

Academy isn’t costing us anything - Maybe not costing us anything but is a waste of time and may cost us one day soon

Stadium will at least be ours this time next year - true but still 50% decrepit

Petershill complex is nothing to do with Partick Thistle FC it’s Partick Thistle Charitable Trust - They sound organized maybe we should transfer the club to them

9 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Chairman will be replaced overtime - i would like to believe that to be the case but the wet willies we have as fans who wish to take over accepted her back and would no doubt crown her again when shares are transferred.

Board will be replaced overtime - see above

Fanbase can come back together - true

Manager is what he is - true

Academy isn’t costing us anything - Maybe not costing us anything but is a waste of time and may cost us one day soon

Stadium will at least be ours this time next year - true but still 50% decrepit

Petershill complex is nothing to do with Partick Thistle FC it’s Partick Thistle Charitable Trust - They sound organized maybe we should transfer the club to them

Academy is doing what Colin Weir wanted and what it is funded for - providing football for kids at grass-roots level.

Womens' team is doing well too. Maybe we should put more funds into that.

11 hours ago, scotty said:

Academy is doing what Colin Weir wanted and what it is funded for - providing football for kids at grass-roots level.

Academy seems to be of no benefit to the club, the players don't get a chance. They become apprentices and get loaned out never to be heard of again and released at end of their contracts. Even now when we cannot find enough for the bench they are not invited along even for experience.

The women's team is also of no benefit to the club yet yet gets a higher vantage point than our academy that is supposed to bring through players but doesn't. Both should be kyboshed and focus put on the 1st team where the real bread and butter is.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:04 PM, scotty said:

I both applaud and condemn this post. 

I applaud it because anything that provokes apoplexies in the ‘it’s still 1973’ element of our fan base is a good thing.

And condemn because it makes me all too aware that not all Thistle fans can be found pre-game discussing the relative merits of John Schlesinger and Lindsay Anderson. Such was my romanticised view of Thistle supporters from over land and over sea. 

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker