Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Norgethistle

Firhill basin development

Recommended Posts

This is in Strasbourg, has been for almost 30 years.

Would be cool if it was a Thistle player or supporter

49976672.jpg

Edited by Jaggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

This is in Strasbourg, has been for almost 30 years.

Would be cool if it was a Thistle player or supporter

49976672.jpg

New training method. :thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

New training method. :thumbsup2:

Would love to see a traffic cone on the person's head :crazy:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, Garscube Road End 2 said:

That was mostly due to the local residents of Milltimber being stuck up snobs with the ' not in my backyard' attitude.

Cults, surely! (Not to mention Bieldside.) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Cults, surely! (Not to mention Bieldside.) :D

The bypass runs through Milltimber. But yes, Cults and Bieldside are of the same ilk.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, Norgethistle said:

From what my client stated this was a substantial development between £5 - £10 million including building on both sides of the basin

There were talks with Propco and British Waterways so this fits into what were proposals a few years ago - including the Bing 
 

so it stacks up from previous interests from the Waterboard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There were talks with Propco and British Waterways so this fits into what were proposals a few years ago - including the Bing 
 

so it stacks up from previous interests from the Waterboard 

We could turn the bing into an outdoor heated pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

We could turn the bing into an outdoor heated pool.

If we turned on the undersoil heating we'd already have a heated pool bigger than needed for the Olympics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gabba (the Bisbane  cricket ground) has an outdoor swimming pool from where you can watch the cricket.  Over the course of each match day the colour of the water changes, and for some reason the change is accompanied by a reduction in  pool users.  Anyone considering a similar plan at the Bing end, would do well to remember Glasgow daytime winter temperatures and the pre-match social habits of football fans.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eljaggo said:

The Gabba (the Bisbane  cricket ground) has an outdoor swimming pool from where you can watch the cricket.  Over the course of each match day the colour of the water changes, and for some reason the change is accompanied by a reduction in  pool users.  Anyone considering a similar plan at the Bing end, would do well to remember Glasgow daytime winter temperatures and the pre-match social habits of football fans.

Taps aff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Be plenty of blue tits buzzing about.

I was thinking of a smattering of Great Tits too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×