Tomorrow's game v Port Glasgow

BowenBoys

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I don't think that openly advertising for another football club should be permitted here.

I disagree.  It's not competing with Thistle. 

Though, true, I think I might take that game in rather than the game tonight.   I've already decided I'm not using my season ticket for the forseeable (and have offered to anyone who'd rather not pay)

A few people take the huff, and proclaim that they're going to see another match instead of the team that they "support."

And their only aim, at least in the short term,  is to to hurt the team that they "support" financially.

(Maybe they also hope for a defeat in tonight's game? And if not, then why not?)

How can we describe this? The following words come to mind: dummy, and spitting.

Now, I don't know all the ins and outs of Mr Weir's wishes and how they have been respected or disrespected,

but any suggestion that Thistle fans might/should switch their allegiance to another football club comes across as ludicrous.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

A few people take the huff, and proclaim that they're going to see another match instead of the team that they "support."

And their only aim, at least in the short term,  is to to hurt the team that they "support" financially.

(Maybe they also hope for a defeat in tonight's game? And if not, then why not?)

How can we describe this? The following words come to mind: dummy, and spitting.

Now, I don't know all the ins and outs of Mr Weir's wishes and how they have been respected or disrespected,

but any suggestion that Thistle fans might/should switch their allegiance to another football club comes across as ludicrous.

Going to watch other football games and not going to Firhill to watch Thistle in protest at the shambles at the club, doesn't mean they are switching allegiance!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Maybe these jags supporters are season ticket holders, so have paid into the pot

I myself am not a season ticket holder (have been so previously)

and I not attending Firhill tonight

I have been a Jags supporter from 1960 and I too have paid into the thistle pot

But this absolute  shambles from our BOD is beyond belief

I'm so bloody angry about this total so called fan ownership debacle that I choose not to attend tonight

i hope the Jags win tonight but not a penny more to this outfit that are in charge of our club

btw I am a proud member of The Jags Foundation

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

56 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Going to watch other football games and not going to Firhill to watch Thistle in protest at the shambles at the club, doesn't mean they are switching allegiance!

You know fine what  the sentiment is when somebody advertises an "alternative" (original poster's word) football match instead of the match that involves the team that the poster ostensibly supports.. 

Hey, why not abandon here and go to an "alternative" forum that satisfies you?  

Edited by Jaggernaut

27 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

You know fine what  the sentiment is when somebody advertises an "alternative" (original poster's word) football match instead of the match that involving the team that the poster ostensibly supports.. 

Your standard answer. You seem to lack any original thought.

17 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

You know fine what  the sentiment is when somebody advertises an "alternative" (original poster's word) football match instead of the match that involving the team that the poster ostensibly supports.. 

I'm not going to a football match this weekend but if I did, I would go to Maryhill v Port Glasgow.

I do not intend to give PTFC any more money as a  protest about the current circumstances at the  club. I have made it clear in several posts that I believe that 'not a penny more' would be an effective way of putting pressure on the club board.

You're right, I started this thread to offer the Maryhill game as an alternative to going to Firhill tonight. Not because I want to damage PTFC but rather to seek to limit the damage that is being done to PTFC at the moment. I assume that you disagree with that strategy which is perfectly fine with me. To talk, though, of limiting freedom of speech is to travel a dangerous road. Perhaps you are concerned that Thistle could end up as the second club in Maryhill. I promise I would stop my protest if that became a real possibility :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm not going to a football match this weekend but if I did, I would go to Maryhill v Port Glasgow.

I do not intend to give PTFC any more money as a  protest about the current circumstances at the  club. I have made it clear in several posts that I believe that 'not a penny more' would be an effective way of putting pressure on the club board.

You're right, I started this thread to offer the Maryhill game as an alternative to going to Firhill tonight. Not because I want to damage PTFC but rather to seek to limit the damage that is being done to PTFC at the moment. I assume that you disagree with that strategy which is perfectly fine with me. To talk, though, of limiting freedom of speech is to travel a dangerous road. Perhaps you are concerned that Thistle could end up as the second club in Maryhill. I promise I would stop my protest if that became a real possibility :)

Got it, thanks.

I can see better where' you're coming from.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, Jaggernaut said:

You know fine what  the sentiment is when somebody advertises an "alternative" (original poster's word) football match instead of the match that involves the team that the poster ostensibly supports.. 

I don’t agree. Some of us are just sick of what’s been going on behind the scenes.

Ive already sponsored two Jags players this season. If I as a customer choose to take my remaining money elsewhere this season until meaningful change happens, that is my right.

It doesn’t mean I’m stopping supporting the Jags, just that I’m going to games where I can enjoy the football without it being spoiled by Boardroom politics.

Each to their own, I know what I’m doing. People should respect individual choice. 

• Like 3

I think you all need to go to Lush, buy a bath bomb, use it, and chill the foxtrot uniform charlie kilo out. I would have recommended the Dark Arts one but they stopped selling that several years ago. An acceptable substitute is Black Rose, but stay away from Intergalactic as the glitter goes everywhere.

Different people will express their discontent in different ways.

No one wants to harm the Club, but equally the Club has no god-given right to expect people's blind financial loyalty or for people to attend games.

Especially in a cost-of-living crisis, but also frankly "all the time anyway", people have the right to spend their free time and their money however they please.

I personally hope that people continue to get behind the team, in whatever way they feel comfortable doing.

I wish I were in a position to be attending Firhill week-in-week out, but living 450 miles away that's just not practical.

I can recommend, if you're a Thistle fan starved of entertainment living in London, Craven Cottage and Brisbane Road for a good day out. My local, The Valley, is a little bit soulless.

• Like 1