Jump to content

BowenBoys

Scottish Cup Pop Up 2022-23

Recommended Posts

Here we go. Seventeen players:

            particktheunderdog
            JAGSMAN1968
            lady-isobel-barnett
            Peaty FC
            sandy
            elevenone
            Cfirejkl
            Aliballibee
            East Kent Jag II
            fifexile
            BILL.H
            Earnock Jag
            jaggy
            Auld Jag
            joe the driver
            Rid Skwerr
            Fawlty Towers
            
Three games this evening

            Syngenta  v  Auchinleck Talbot
            Pollok  v  Huntly
            Open Goal Broomhill  v  Brora Rangers
            
The Pollok v Huntly tie was switched to Friday night as it was due to be televised by the BBC. However, the broadcaster has pulled the plug as they no longer have the resources available. One guess as to why. 
Tough on Pollok as they will have prepared for the coverage. Tough on Huntly who would have brought more fans on  Saturday afternoon. Tough on us as we will now have to spend the evening watching a flag-draped box.
It is not known whether the clubs will still receive the tv money. I bloody hope so.

The last tie of the round is University of Stirling v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale on Sunday afternoon.

All ties are played to a finish so standings up in time for Sunday tea.

Second Round draw on Sunday at 6pm.

Good luck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

  The Pollok v Huntly tie was switched to Friday night as it was due to be televised by the BBC. However, the broadcaster has pulled the plug as they no longer have the resources available. One guess as to why

Only the one guess? Fairly obvious I suppose. The sad passing of Mikhail Gorbachev?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Only the one guess? Fairly obvious I suppose. The sad passing of Mikhail Gorbachev?

No, it was a belated gesture for the Chuckle Brother that snuffed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Here we go. Seventeen players:

            particktheunderdog
            JAGSMAN1968
            lady-isobel-barnett
            Peaty FC
            sandy
            elevenone
            Cfirejkl
            Aliballibee
            East Kent Jag II
            fifexile
            BILL.H
            Earnock Jag
            jaggy
            Auld Jag
            joe the driver
            Rid Skwerr
            Fawlty Towers
            
Three games this evening

            Syngenta  v  Auchinleck Talbot
            Pollok  v  Huntly
            Open Goal Broomhill  v  Brora Rangers
            
The Pollok v Huntly tie was switched to Friday night as it was due to be televised by the BBC. However, the broadcaster has pulled the plug as they no longer have the resources available. One guess as to why. 
Tough on Pollok as they will have prepared for the coverage. Tough on Huntly who would have brought more fans on  Saturday afternoon. Tough on us as we will now have to spend the evening watching a flag-draped box.
It is not known whether the clubs will still receive the tv money. I bloody hope so.

The last tie of the round is University of Stirling v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale on Sunday afternoon.

All ties are played to a finish so standings up in time for Sunday tea.

Second Round draw on Sunday at 6pm.

Good luck all.

Decent effort @BowenBoys- it’s the stuff like this that keeps the Forum going 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Great results for Broomhill & Pollock last night. 

 

Screenshot_20220917-072218_Google.jpg

Yes, very good EKJ.

Pollok's first appearance in the Cup without having to qualify. They have won both their matches 6 - 0.

Broomhill were 1 - 1 on 88 mins, 2 - 2 at full time.

There's  a lot  of entertainment to be had at these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

First Round standings

557955285_Screenshot2022-09-18at16_50_40.png.f2efb6661270d144d3fcab68a67b2c8d.png

particktheunderdog leads!

 

Underdog or Thunderdog? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second Round fixtures

            Bo'ness United  v  Auchinleck Talbot  -  A2
            Cumnock Juniors  v  Dumbarton  -  H2
            Newtongrange Star  v  Hill of Beath Hawthorn
            Brechin City  v  Stirling Albion  -  H1
            Kilwinning Rangers  v  Forfar Athletic  -  H2
            Dunipace  v  Banks O' Dee  -  H1
            Dalbeattie Star  v  Darvel  -  A2
            Elgin City  v  Camelon  -  A3
            East Kilbride  v  Caledonian Braves
            Sauchie  v  Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic  -  H2
            Wick Academy  v  Benburb  -  A2
            Stenhousemuir  v  East Fife
            Pollok  v  Annan Athletic  -  H2
            Fraserburgh  v  Stranraer  -  H1
            Gretna 2008  v  Drumchapel United  -  A2
            Linlithgow Rose  v  Spartans  -  H1
            Carnoustie Panmure  v  Formartine United  -  H1
            Glasgow University  v  Albion Rovers  -  H2
            Buckie Thistle  v  Open Goal Broomhill
            Dunbar United  v  University of Stirling  -  H1

Ties to be played on the weekend of 22 October.

Correct selections in the Second Round are worth 2 points each.

Deadline for submissions Noon, Friday 21 October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

First Round standings

557955285_Screenshot2022-09-18at16_50_40.png.f2efb6661270d144d3fcab68a67b2c8d.png

particktheunderdog leads!

 

This is indeed a total shocker and the standings table will be framed for posterity. I will go and check the results again. There must have been some brilliant upsets. Long may this continue.

I will be looking for ways to end this competition before the next round so that the league table is called as it stands and all prize money distributed accordingly.

I have got the following on speed dial for discussions on nefarious tactics, and of course I will be doing so in total secrecy and I will not be engaging with any of you guys who have a genuine interest in participating in this tournament:

1) Neil Doncaster

2) John Nelmes

3) The PTFC Trust

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

This is indeed a total shocker and the standings table will be framed for posterity. I will go and check the results again. There must have been some brilliant upsets. Long may this continue.

I will be looking for ways to end this competition before the next round so that the league table is called as it stands and all prize money distributed accordingly.

I have got the following on speed dial for discussions on nefarious tactics, and of course I will be doing so in total secrecy and I will not be engaging with any of you guys who have a genuine interest in participating in this tournament:

1) Neil Doncaster

2) John Nelmes

3) The PTFC Trust

 

 

Good use of the seeding point system. You got 15 correct results and joe the driver got 19. In all,  10 players got more correct results than you.

In the Second Round there are some good looking seeded games too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Good use of the seeding point system. You got 15 correct results and joe the driver got 19. In all,  10 players got more correct results than you.

In the Second Round there are some good looking seeded games too.

Thanks BB. Let's  give all the credit to those brave underdogs who overcame the odds. How are the mighty fallen. Anyway on to the next round.

AHAHH

HAAHH

AAHHA

HHHHH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commented elsewhere - how the mighty fall....

Whilst still kicking - will try and regain last seasons heady heights with this lot

AAHA AAHA HAHH HAHA AHHA


           
        

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×