OPEN DAY AT FIRHILL

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

There has been one of these over the last few years. An open training session followed by autographs then a Q&A with the manager. This year it would be good to have some board members there as well for the Q&A and as you say another chance for people to join TJF.

Always well run and in recent years the number of youngsters queuing for autographs etc, very encouraging. A Jags version of a Freshers Fair only for kids.

The Manager's Q & A can vary from the informative to the downright flippant. Somehow I sense Doolan's would be more of the former and less of the "my favourite player/colour/food is....." :)

9 minutes ago, laukat said:

Any idea what happened to the Firhill cup this year?

Always thought there was more money to be raised from allowing fans team to play on the pitch if it was advertised properly and had say an ex-thistle legend per team

I suspect the absurdly short off-season this year might have scuppered that. Probably want to give the pitch a bit of rest (though it seems in good nick), amongst other things 

2 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I suspect the absurdly short off-season this year might have scuppered that. Probably want to give the pitch a bit of rest (though it seems in good nick), amongst other things 

Thought the short close season would be a factor for this season. However now we aren't ground sharing what stops it happening regularly throughout the season when the first team aren't play at either home or away i.e. International breaks, free weekend due to cup games etc?

I assume the ground isn't really in use during that times so why not make some money by playing a fans tournament on it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Open Day details confirmed. Good news that you can purchase/renew your season ticket on the day as well.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-open-day-2023-timings-confirmed/

Along with all the other items asked for above

The Jags Foundation, Her Game 2, and Disabled Supporters association will also be in attendance.

There seems loads on catering to all, hope it has a good turnout. Unfortunately I’ve got my folks in Norway this weekend or I’d have been back for it

• Like 1

Presumably some work going on at Firhill in preparation for this ? My wee aunties care home had a visit to Firhill yesterday morning. Although she had a great time they didn’t get a cup of tea - because of a board meeting and refurbishment. She’s 94 and sometimes gets stuff mixed up. 

On 7/26/2023 at 5:02 PM, Lenziejag said:

Presumably some work going on at Firhill in preparation for this ? My wee aunties care home had a visit to Firhill yesterday morning. Although she had a great time they didn’t get a cup of tea - because of a board meeting and refurbishment. She’s 94 and sometimes gets stuff mixed up. 

Luckily for her she’s signed a 2-year contract. 

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

For anyone there today, any interesting insights from “grill the gaffer”? 

I missed wee bits as I couldn't hear him that well, so I'll let others spill the beans.:)

My overall opinion tho' is of a manager who's in complete control. Recruitment, man management, training and tactics all appear in very safe hands. I've attended many a "meet the manager" event conducted by McCall, Archie/Shaggy, McNamara and even yon clown with the PowerPoint. Dools comes across better than any.

Cliché free, no deflected answering or bullshit. No rash promises but Kris appears to know what he's doing and how he's going to get it done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He did say players would have left even if we got promoted.  My interpretation is that Tiffoney was offered big £ from Dundee we would have not been able to match in the Premiership.

Budget lower this year than last which is no surprise.

Wants more youth in the team from the Academy.  Agrees MacKenzie is not a natural full back but will learn from playing in this different position.

Emphasised player personality and how they fit into the squad was very important.

Protecting our assets by increasing contract length of players and saying if they are on 2 or 3 years of contract we have a better chance of getting £ for the club and the players have better chance of bigger money moves to English leagues instead of moving to say Motherwell or Kilmarnock (said with all due respect).

Fave goal he scored was Hibs away.

If he could bring back a player in their peak to play now it would be Chris Erskine.

Stayed to the very end of the "meet the team" signing autographs and chatting to fans.  Spoke to my kids very well.

(Love this guy ❤️ )

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1