Pre season friendlies

elevenone

18 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Apparently Robert Stewart ,World Draughts Campion 1922-1933, came from Kelty and only lost 2 out of 8000 games…so worth a visit for that alone methinks.

So Doolan just needs to go undefeated in the next 7982 matches to beat his record?

On 6/17/2023 at 7:22 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't think I'd be exaggerating in saying as a destination Kelty lacks the sophistication of Cowdenbeath. Nor does it have the je ne sais quoi of the likes of Alloa. 

Apologies to the Good Burgh of Kelty. I was so very wrong.https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/23598025.kelty-getting-ready-scottish-coal-carrying-championships/?fbclid=IwAR38C79lLvbMq4aBmAqEmuDuM7lv34qJxiQQuvDZaVILEEP8m9Oy-nOJPeM

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, partickthedog said:

Draughts team seems to set up in a rigid 4-4-4 formation. Presumably the goalie operates as a sweeper keeper. The extra player should come in useful (if not noticed by the referee).

Surely that should be a striker-keeper, at least if Sneddon is involved - the extra man in the box.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...