Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A 3-0 defeat today.

A question for those that are more knowledgeable about these things - next season with the additional income the League Cup final would have brought, higher league attendances, etc would it be possible to get a squad put together which does not have as many loan players?

It looks, from the outside, that when we come to play the best teams we are handicapped by having to sit key players out as they are on loan so we are trying to compete against them with a weakened team when it is already hard enough given the part time/full time issue.

I am sure the management team will want to continue the progression that has been in place the last few seasons but like so many things finance will play its part.

A supplementary question, which as Fawlty says, maybe Tom Hosie or others more well informed about the women's team can answer. 

In the first part of the season, more than half of our games are against teams "on our level", ie part-time. I am certainly not saying that these are easy games, they obviously are very competitive and the results are usually very close, even though we come out on top a commendable number of times. Is it easier physically and psychologically for the team to raise themselves to take on the challenge of playing the full-time or hybrid teams, when these games are interspersed with games against our fellow part-time teams? I can imagine that having to reach up a level for ten games in a row is a bit like having to sit a tough exam every week, ie it begins to wear you down.

9 hours ago, elevenone said:

3 match touchline ban for BBG and against the top 3 teams in league.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/brian-graham-ptwfc/

Seems harsh for what I think is a first offence as Women's team boss. Given it was 2 yellows not a red is it worth appealing? Have similar 'offences' by other managers been treated similarly? 

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

Seems harsh for what I think is a first offence as Women's team boss. Given it was 2 yellows not a red is it worth appealing? Have similar 'offences' by other managers been treated similarly? 

Not sure it’s his first offence as think he may have picked up a red maybe even two in past from touchline although others who follow these games more than me may be able to confirm.  These 3 games kinda meaningless but still seems harsh and at least separate from mens team as he is currently last player we want missing at this juncture.

Goal up but quickly equalised! 

Must admit to having respect for Glasgow City - trailblazers for the women's game until the bigot twins came along with their money (and effectively financially doping the league - but hey ho!).

Now 3-1 down !!!

Finished 4-1.

Edited by JeanieD
Bad news