Scottish Cups Pop Up 2023-24

BowenBoys

Seriously?

With the profile of women's football growing, thanks to increased media exposure, it seemed like a good time to introduce the women's cup to our own competition. After all, the women's game is now being taken seriously. Or is it?

The SFAs own online coverage is all over the place, literally. Snippets of information found on different SFA social accounts.

According to the BBC there are no games being played in Scotland today.

Wikipedia, which has, every year, a good page on the men's cup, has no women's cup page.

All 14 First Round ties are scheduled for this afternoon (as shown on the SFA website). On the SFA twitter account they publish the fixture list. It says "Keep an eye on our social channels for full time updates from all 13 matches".
13? Sure enough, thirteen matches are listed. Cross-referencing with my own fixture list, I discover that Airdrie v Flip The Mindset is missing. No explanation.
On the Airdrie twitter page, I find this. Again, no explanation. And, obviously, no 'Match postponed - Other' on the BBC.

Screenshot2023-10-01at14_05_29.thumb.png.62c1a5b91d279c0b60ca22c45ccbe7c7.png

The draw for the Second Round, the SFA inform us, will take place on Monday evening. No indication of what time it will happen. Update - now announced as 7:30pm

Time for the SFA to flip the mindset, roll up the blazer sleeves and take women's football seriously.

And one last thing, on my ramble around social media I discovered this. Is there really a Scottish Cup tie being played with no linespersons?

Screenshot2023-10-01at13_45_40.thumb.png.285a6a15a3e2ff0953b55ba1902b8220.png

Edited by BowenBoys