PTFC Trust sack Chairman …..

javeajag

1 hour ago, The Legend Blows said:

This is what I want to know. We have 4 directors but is it a case of what Dougie wants Dougie gets? Does he pay lip service to the other 3 or is there a genuine 4 way split of power and it's all rosy in Firhill Towers?

I miss-read that as Fawlty Towers. Possibly more appropriate 

Just tossing this in, as an "outsider":

Might it just be the case that, despite all the headlines, fanfares about fans' shares, "trusts" and the like over the past few years;..... despite all the open meetings, supporters input, "elections," and so on, that at the end of all of that, PTFC in reality remains "owned" by one individual, whose desires will be imposed on other "directors" (who in truth have negligible directing abilities or powers and no real options but to serve as yes men (or women) if they wish to retain their "official" positions)?

Is that what it has come to?  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Might it just be the case that, despite all the headlines, fanfares about fans' shares, "trusts" and the like over the past few years;..... despite all the open meetings, supporters input, "elections," and so on, that at the end of all of that, PTFC in reality remains "owned" by one individual, whose desires will be imposed on other "directors" (who in truth have negligible directing abilities or powers and no real options but to serve as yes men (or women) if they wish to retain their "official" positions)?

No

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I hope not. But you make an apt observation.

One of my concerns about Fan Ownership was just this.  Having sat on a couple of boards, and chaired one, my experience tells me that the loudest voice can often dominate the agenda and the direction irrespective of 'ownership'.  Especially so if there's not the strength and skills balanced amongst the directors.

I'd hope that this would tend to become less of a problem the longer established the structure becomes, but I'm sure it's a danger, and that those appointed by fan's organisations need to be strong and alive to that happening. 

Recent events do suggest it.

4 minutes ago, Mr Scruff said:

I hope not. But you make an apt observation.

One of my concerns about Fan Ownership was just this.  Having sat on a couple of boards, and chaired one, my experience tells me that the loudest voice can often dominate the agenda and the direction irrespective of 'ownership'.  Especially so if there's not the strength and skills balanced amongst the directors.

I'd hope that this would tend to become less of a problem the longer established the structure becomes, but I'm sure it's a danger, and that those appointed by fan's organisations need to be strong and alive to that happening. 

Recent events do suggest it.

What’s emerging is actually we do not yet actually have fan ownership and certainly not in the way TJF put forward.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, javeajag said:

What’s emerging is actually we do not yet actually have fan ownership and certainly not in the way TJF put forward.

We do have fan ownership in as much as the fans representative organisations own the majority shareholding. The running of the club still needs to be sorted out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

We have the power not to elect them to the board next time round 

9 hours ago, allyo said:

Are we just bickering over names, or is there a fundamental difference between a trust and a foundation? I genuinely don't know.

I assume the "Trust, dear oh dear" comment referred to the PTFC Trust?

Can we start on the Peoples Front of Judea?

Mr Creevy now considers the matter closed so hopefully we can now focus on other matters. Good to read about some positive news coming as well regarding the Academy.

Joint Statement by the Trustees of the PTFC Trust and Alistair Creevy
There has been conjecture, most evidently on social media, since the announcement by the PTFC Trust that the Trustees have taken the decision to remove Alistair Creevy as a Director of the football club. The Trustees have been in discussion with Alistair and all parties have agreed that a statement should be made in a bid to reduce the conjecture and bring closure to this matter.
The reason the Trustees took the decision to exercise 22.1.2 of the Articles of Association was there was a relationship breakdown between the club board of directors. The Trustees attempted to resolve the dispute, however, unfortunately this was unsuccessful. The trustees would like to express thanks to Alistair for his contribution to the club, in particular the short-term loan made when he joined the board.
In his time at the board, Alistair helped to return the matchday programme which has been a very popular move and also enjoyed a respectful chair to chair relationship with the Jags Foundation. The business that Alistair is a Director of, Spectrum Wealth, remain sponsors of the women’s team for which the club are very grateful.
Neil Drain, one of the PTFC Trust Trustees, commented “We thank Alistair for his contribution to the football club over several months. We also thank him for his understanding of the difficult decision the Trustees were required to make.”
Alistair comments “The past six months have been challenging and I leave the club in a far stronger financial position than when I joined the board. I wish to thank the supporters for their enthusiasm this year. We have a record number of season tickets and this bodes well for the team to achieve promotion to the Premiership this season”.
The Trustees and Alistair hope this clarification allows everyone to work together towards the ambitions of both Alistair and the club going forward which is obviously for the team to do well and achieve a place in the top league in Scotland.
Alistair remains a director of the Thistle Weir Youth Academy and in the near future there will be positive news regarding the future of the academy to share with the support.
Both parties consider this matter closed now and consequently will be making no further comment.
  • Like 2