Hall Of Fame Inductee No3

Steven H

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a player and 100% correct to be in the hall of fame. I remember that night at the Scottish cup semi final almost wept when the goal was given offside. I think one of the papers showed a picture the next day which clearly poved the goal should have been given. Can you retrospectively make a complaint to the SFA to say that the linesman had conspired to allow Rangers to get through oh I forgot it is written in stone when you play one of the old firm in the hallow halls of Park Gardens.

Oi, a bit more respect, please!

Great winger and character, and 274 appearances for the club.

100% worthy of the HoF.

(Who would be your nominations?)

Agree 100%.

I would propose Joe Craig and the late Brian Whittaker from that era.

Who is in this hall of fame thing already?

Can't remember them all but from memory:

1921 cup winning team

1971 cup winning team

Lambie

McParland

Husband

Kenny Watson

Roughie

Chico (I think)

Dennis McQ

From more recent times, I'd like to see Danny Lennon getting in. Perhaps not many would agree, but I think he contributed a lot to our recent history and be good to see a member of the back to back title squads in the Hall of Fame.

Always liked Bobby Houston as a player...and was disappointed when he was swapped for Ian Jardine :no:

A regular in a very good Thistle side that reached cup semi-finals in successive seasons seems worthy of this honour.

The game against Rangers was undoubtedly the best 0-0 draw I've seen...a great match. I was around the half way line on the terracing at Hampden and a long way from the incident when Bobby's header was chalked off for offside but I remember saying to my pal at the time that I thought he'd ran past the defender.

I think there was a TV dispute at the time and the game was not televised so there is no evidence on film of us being cheated.

Always liked Bobby Houston as a player...and was disappointed when he was swapped for Ian Jardine :no:

A regular in a very good Thistle side that reached cup semi-finals in successive seasons seems worthy of this honour.

The game against Rangers was undoubtedly the best 0-0 draw I've seen...a great match. I was around the half way line on the terracing at Hampden and a long way from the incident when Bobby's header was chalked off for offside but I remember saying to my pal at the time that I thought he'd ran past the defender.

I think there was a TV dispute at the time and the game was not televised so there is no evidence on film of us being cheated.

I was there also although right behind the goal. Had a great view of the movement of the players and till my dying breath will proclaim that as one of the great injustices!

Diving header if my fading memory serves me right ? The movement of the players is somewhat hazy but the feeling of being cheated will never leave me !

Great shout for an inductee as he was a great favourite of mine, a great old fashioned winger.

Cmon the badger !

I think Danny Lennon is a good shout. Captain of 2 league winning sides, inspirational and not a bad goal scorer either (scored at both Hampden and Bayern Munich's stadium, although I only enjoyed the former, not being a lino licker). Probably my favourite Thistle player of the last decade in fact...

C'mon Zidanny!

Agree 100% with Badger's inclusion - others from that era would include Andy Anderson (is he perhaps in already? - should be) and Alan Hansen who is the single most talented player I have ever seen in a Thistle jersey - it would be a shame if he were excluded from this accolade by his first club on the basis of a perception that he is "pro-England" - such narrow minded prejudice is surely not synonymous with Thistle.

Agree 100% with Badger's inclusion - others from that era would include Andy Anderson (is he perhaps in already? - should be) and Alan Hansen who is the single most talented player I have ever seen in a Thistle jersey - it would be a shame if he were excluded from this accolade by his first club on the basis of a perception that he is "pro-England" - such narrow minded prejudice is surely not synonymous with Thistle.

Calm Down my dear !

Absolutely...... and it was clearly onside too!

aaaarrrrrgghh..........one of the top five worst decisions ever given against Thistle

Badger deserves his HoF spot if only for some of his performances against the h*ns at Firhill.I remember one pishing wet midweek game they were lobbing cans out of the crowd to try and stop him.He sold Alex Miller a dummy the ended with the H*n fullback off the pitch and half way up the tunnel.Bertie's teams were always brilliant against Rangers at Firhill,there was a spell ,as a schoolboy, every that time we played them at home I fully expected a victory. Great Days.

Edited by angry gaz

Can't remember them all but from memory:

1921 cup winning team

1971 cup winning team

Lambie

McParland

Husband

Kenny Watson

Roughie

Chico (I think)

Dennis McQ

From more recent times, I'd like to see Danny Lennon getting in. Perhaps not many would agree, but I think he contributed a lot to our recent history and be good to see a member of the back to back title squads in the Hall of Fame.

Previous inductees are listed in the article, of November 3rd, below.

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/november_2010/hall_of_fame_inductee

Good call about Alan Hansen. I don't think anybody can argue that he was the greatest player who ever played for Thistle (well it's difficult for some of us to know much about Jimmy Davidson, Ma Ba McKennan & many others from the 1950's & earlier). Also good shouts about Danny Lennon, double winning captain :clapping:

Glad to see Bobby Houston in there as well - well deserved IMO - and glad there's not a vote on the Bobby or Dougie or the Lawman (or the 2 to come)

..these HOF threads have taken me back to the days of standing at the shed pie stand, placing my bovril on the crash barrier and, while being outnumbered 60-1 by the fkin OF muppets, seeking out the back of one of their bigoted heads with the leftovers of a greasy pie while watching a Jags side who could both score goals and terrorise whoever came to call. Happy days! :thumbsup2:

My argument against Bobby is that I could name loads of more deserving cases before him. Good player, but should he be there before (just to name a few) Donnie McKinnon, Joe Hogan, George Muir, Sandy Brown, Arthur Duncan, George Niven, Bertie Auld, Kenny Arthur, Danny Lennon....mmm dont think so!!

Edited by Lindau

My argument against Bobby is that I could name loads of more deserving cases before him. Good player, but should he be there before (just to name a few) Donnie McKinnon, Joe Hogan, George Muir, Sandy Brown, Arthur Duncan, George Niven, Bertie Auld, Kenny Arthur, Danny Lennon....mmm dont think so!!

Sandy Brown: 153 games; Arthur Duncan: 166 games. Both good players, but not legends. Unless there's a specific achievement, like winning a championship, the cut-off point seems to be at least 200 matches (which Houston and Somner both exceed). Otherwise, "Hall of Fame" inductees would merely become so due to some fans' individual preferences.