New Manager To Be Confirmed Within A Week Or So [Pun Alert]

kni

From the Boardroom - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/message_from_the_boardroom_-_07_05_11

"What else is going to be happening? Oh yes, we have the small matter of appointing a new manager. That’s proving to be a difficult decision to make but for the best of reasons. We are in the position of having to choose between some outstanding candidates. I’m hopeful of being able to confirm who our new manager will be within the next week or so."

So who are the candidates? Has the position been advertised as promised? If so where? Who has applied?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, there's been plenty of lower-league interest as well as a few infamous names been thrown about. Jackie's probably a shoe-in for it though.

give it to jackie mac as most infamous managers have been sacked because there not good enough

From what I've heard, there's been plenty of lower-league interest as well as a few infamous names been thrown about. Jackie's probably a shoe-in for it though.

Beattie did say a while back that Jackie was favourite at that particular time. Imo 7 pts from 5 games given the amount of injuries is satisfactory. Also JMcM has not been slow introducing the youngsters and also trialing Stewart.

Most significant to me was today when he played Scully instead of Fox. That to me was the right thing to do but still quite remarkable for a temp manager if he was trying to impress with results.

I shouldn't be shocked by anything at Firhill but I would be very surprised if Jackie doesn't get the job.

Only heard one specific name of someone who's thrown their hat in the ring, but not at liberty to disclose. What I will say is he's a total dinosaur and hasn't a cat's chance in hell of getting a management job at this level.

Alex Totten? :lol:

I hope this guy doesnt get the job but graham roberts was on talksport on friday afternoon and mentioned he has applied for a job in scotland and as we are the only club looking for a gaffer it looks like he applied for our managers job. Hope to F**k he does not get it! that would be like going ten steps backwards.

Jackie is a cert to get the job.

I feel JMacs quieter more modern style may suit the club more at the moment given the crop of youngsters we have coming through.

I hope however Jackie isn't an automatic shoe in for the job and all consideration is given to other candidates. Quite a few St Mirren fans have all said to me Gus McPherson would be the guy to get us out the first division on little resources although his footballing style isn't the prettiest .

A wrong appointment, these days ,can spell the end of a club so while I think Jackie Mac's will get it every other option has to be discussed also.

I'd be extremely surprised if Jaggy Mac didn't get the job. The stability of the club is important in the situation we find ourselves in just now and the fact Maxy has been appointed General Manager and that Jackie is talking about contracts in the shape of Rowsers situation says to me it's a done deal.

Did anyone think Craig Levein would take the Raith Rovers job?

Anyway, my jaw would literally hit the floor should Jackie Mac be passed over.

Good point and I did not expect Calderwood to take the County job even on a temporary basis. If a highly respected and experienced manager applied and we could afford him, then Jackie could well be passed over.

Jackie said that he has been interviewed in yesterday's after match reaction. It's up to him to demonstrate to the board that he has a clear development plan, including signing targets, for next season and beyond.

Jackie said that he has been interviewed in yesterday's after match reaction. It's up to him to demonstrate to the board that he has a clear development plan, including signing targets, for next season and beyond.

He has demonstrated that he can do that this season, involving himself in the recruitment of Stewart, Balatoni and McGowan. I imagine his contacts will be good for loan deals, and the scouting structure already in place will aid with identifying signing targets. The main factor will be Jackie is already popular with the players, bringing in a new name when the majority of next season's squad are already signed up might disrupt the harmony in the dressing room. He will also be much cheaper than any experienced candidate.

i would not be unhappy if Jackie McNamara got the job as he has done a reasonable job so far.But initialy i would only give him a 1 year contract with an option to extend it depending how well we are doing.If he wanted longer i think we should thank him for what he has done and look elsewhere.