Club Sponsor

jags365

Do we know who the new sponsor is? I remember seeing a thread a while ago about it being a drinks company?

I see there is a media call for tomorrow morning in regards to this, so we won't need to wait too long anyway!

Apparently it is Sangs of Banff, with the label of MacBee flavoured water drinks as their flagship brand. Up here it sells a load. But as you say we wait and see. :)

Don't think it will be Sangs...

http://www.sangs.co.uk/news.html

We are delighted to announce that we are now entering into our second season as official water partners with Aberdeen F.C., Dundee United F.C., Hamilton Academical F.C., Heart of Midlothian F.C., Hibernian F.C., Kilmarnock F.C., St Mirren F.C. and welcome St Johnstone F.C. as a new partner.

This will take our partnership involvement up to 8 clubs for this incoming season. The 8 SPL clubs will be launching their own press release regarding the partnership extending into the 2nd year in the next 2 weeks.

Where did you see this?

I would imagine the sponsor will be announced at the same time as the new home strip - can we assume this will be unveiled tomorrow too?

My mate runs a football website and got an invitation for it - he forwarded it to me as well so I can confirm it's real. If you want a copy then just pm me you email.

I also thought that it meant the new kit would be out, but knowing us that'll probably still be another 3 weeks away.

Where did you see this?

I would imagine the sponsor will be announced at the same time as the new home strip - can we assume this will be unveiled tomorrow too?

bumped into Jackie at fort kinnaird in edinburgh (speaking to Balatoni perhaps :secret: )and he was taliking to some one about being busy with shirt sponsors, so maybe :unsure:

didnt get to bug him about stuff as the wife was in a rush :blush:

A.G.Barr is an internationally known brand and it would definitely be great for us to be associated with such a big name Company.

Agreed. But I'm going to get tired of reading match reports where Kris Doolan has to say it "feels phenomenal" to put one in the back of the net. :thinking:

3 year deal from MacB(Sangs) :eyebrow:

Confirmed

Also, within the article, this little golden nugget of info:

Next season, the club will not only have support from macb but, due to its trouble-free record and well-behaved fans, they will also become a police-free ground.

Confirmed

Also, within the article, this little golden nugget of info:

Next season, the club will not only have support from macb but, due to its trouble-free record and well-behaved fans, they will also become a police-free ground.

That's excellent news and well worth trumpeting loudly. (Although it's possible trumpeting TOO loudly might get a breach of the peace charge :-))

This "police free zone" could be the start of something beautiful. We might actually be able to generate an atmosphere next season without the Strathclyde robots intervening. They treated some of our fans in a way they wouldn't dream of treating Old Firm fans. It will be great to see the back of those cowardly daleks.

I'm really encouraged with the MacB deal as well. A very apt choice for a club like us. Much in the same way Tennents are for the Old Firm.

An ex director was pushing hard for this.

Well, if that's the new shirt for new season I'll be saving myself some money at least. Of course it may look a squillion times better in reality but that is not the stripes I was looking for.

I remain to be convinced too. It's not a million miles from some old shirts that I can remember, e.g.:

http://www.frameroom.co.uk/_/rsrc/1283619963137/gallery/football-related/Old%20Norwich%20City%20Kit.jpg?height=320&width=315