Before And After Videos

Big Dave

I think everyone is getting carried away here. Saturday was one of the worst results in our history and in the video I wouldn't say it was an overreaction, just fans venting their frustration at what I assume was a poor performance. No personal threats were made and no acts of violence, the worst shout was "that was a f****** disgrace", hardly offensive compared to some things said at the football. The whole think of the kids debate is getting irritating as well. As mentioned before kids hear a lot worse at school and will see grown men hurling abuse at Firhill every other week. If they were that worried they maybe should have have ushered the kids out the ground or moved to another area instead of standing there listening, probably just so they could moan about something.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're admitting that nothing untoward was actually SAID. What you take issue with is the WAY it was said, is that right?

Not exactly, personally I think calling players a ****** disgrace for a poor performance is not on, and the close proximity of the fans to the players and the age of the players being screamed at all made it very squeamish to watch.

Some people are too focused on being the players pals.

It's less about being 'pals' with the players and more to do with just not being a hateful, anonymous person on an internet forum who thinks it's okay to write post after post of bile, or to scream abuse in the face of young guys who are probably earning less than the average wage and who, whilst playing horrifically on Saturday, haven't actually killed anybody.

Edited by 1971

I find the video to be more embarrassing than than the match itself. It should be taken down.

As for fair game - I think it would be fair game for you to be in the dressing room with the players on your jack jones. Then you would have their undivided attention to put your point across.

Now that I would like to see posted.

That is our so-called manager's job!

It was heat of the moment stuff Jaggernaunt after one of the worst Thistle performances I can remember, especially considering the circumstances, opposition and our pish away form.

What has been said in the video has already been mentioned in other threads. Nobody who hasn't seen the video isn't missing out on anything here.

One more thing, the poster on here who uploaded the video had the choice to keep it up or take it down. It was his decision. Nobody is trying to speak on the behalf of others fans. Myself and a couple of others gave the OP their view on the video on the forum and that's it.

I think it's for the best the video was pulled. Not because the players didn't deserve a bollocking from the fans but more from the fans involved point of view. It was heat of the moment stuff and as such doesn't warrant being retained.

Manys a time we lose our tempers, natural and often justified. I wouldn't like the idea of every time I've reacted to provocation my reaction to be freely available on video.

In any case I wouldn't be surprised if many of the fans screaming at the players are the first to get the result/display out of their minds. Often the way.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I think it's for the best the video was pulled. Not because the players didn't deserve a bollocking from the fans but more from the fans involved point of view. It was heat of the moment stuff and as such doesn't warrant being retained.

Manys a time we lose our tempers, natural and often justified. I wouldn't like the idea of every time I've reacted to provocation my reaction to be freely available on video.

In any case I wouldn't be surprised if many of the fans screaming at the players are the first to get the result/display out of their minds. Often the way.

Spot on, imo. :thumbsup2:

It's less about being 'pals' with the players and more to do with just not being a hateful, anonymous person on an internet forum who thinks it's okay to write post after post of bile, or to scream abuse in the face of young guys who are probably earning less than the average wage...

I'm sure many of us would have been happy to accept a below average wage at their age if it meant pulling on a Thistle strip once a week. It's a pity we didn't possess the skill to be in that position, but I'm sure we'd have displayed more passion, pride and heart.

Not exactly, personally I think calling players a ****** disgrace for a poor performance is not on, and the close proximity of the fans to the players and the age of the players being screamed at all made it very squeamish to watch.

Christ..what would you rather they were clapped off the park "oh bad luck guys better luck next time"

I think calling them a fckn disgrace is quite mild!!!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

There was NO language in that video which was more than 'INDUSTRIAL' or what I would normally expect at a football match.

I see young Conrad (clown) is saying he is going to come back stronger. Good to see, hope its with Hearts.

That was the worst result in my 42 years following Thistle. Obviously not the most damaging (we are still in the Cup and I assume we will ultimately progress) but in terms of performance at least. I had therefore prepared myself for something special when I clicked on the 'after' link; tbh it turned out much less brutal than my expecation. I really don't like personal abuse of players and have witnessed much worse and totally unaccepatable examples down the years. This seemed little more than supporters letting the manager and players know that 1-1 with Culter isn't acceptable. Possibly the proximity of it all made it appear worse to some?

After watching the video I feel absolutely embarrassed that some members of our support could have it within themselves to shout such vile at the players.

I am in no way defending the result, it was a shambles and one of the lowest points of my Thistle years. However that was uncalled for. Imagine if the likes of Jackie McNamara or Aaron Sinclair was to burst into the office you worked in and call you ever name under the sun just because you have had a bad day. Unfortunately it's not the first time the clubs supporters have been guilty of such vile: I remember last season when we lost away to Cowdenbeath a Jags fan spat on Craig Hinchcliffe.

That YouTube video brings the entire club into disrepute far more than the result. I hate to see the team losing in such a fashion, but it would hate to see our fans being labeled scumbags far more.

You support Partick Thistle. "Support" being the key word!

After watching the video I feel absolutely embarrassed that some members of our support could have it within themselves to shout such vile at the players.

I am in no way defending the result, it was a shambles and one of the lowest points of my Thistle years. However that was uncalled for. Imagine if the likes of Jackie McNamara or Aaron Sinclair was to burst into the office you worked in and call you ever name under the sun just because you have had a bad day. Unfortunately it's not the first time the clubs supporters have been guilty of such vile: I remember last season when we lost away to Cowdenbeath a Jags fan spat on Craig Hinchcliffe.

That YouTube video brings the entire club into disrepute far more than the result. I hate to see the team losing in such a fashion, but it would hate to see our fans being labeled scumbags far more.

Absolute rubbish. There was nothing vile shouted in the video at all. You say you watched it, so from I that I would assume you find "f***in embarrassing" and "f**kin shocking" vile abuse? When is this complete an utter overaction to what was said going to stop. A poster earlier mentioned the intensity in which is was shouted in out of order, I can understand that and he has a point.

Again, "every name under the sun" didn't happen, unless you are wanting to believe it did. This is getting ridiculous now, people on here see fit to have a go at those who shouted, ok fair enough but don't start twisting what happened and insinuating personal abuse was shouted when it wasn't.

Next time St Johnstone come to Firhill and horse us 5v1 or Clyde come along and pump us 4v0, I'll remember not so shout or display any displeasure at the result or performance at all. I'll keep it in mind that "f***in embarrassing" is vile abuse to a professional footballer and that they shouldn't receive such treatment in a football stadium.

Edited by northernsoul

You'd get called worse on a building site if you performed your job as horrifically at work as they did on Saturday.

If the wee lambs don't like it then they can go work in an office.

Absolute rubbish. There was nothing vile shouted in the video at all. You say you watched it, so from I that I would assume you find "f***in embarrassing" and "f**kin shocking" vile abuse? When is this complete an utter overaction to what was said going to stop. A poster earlier mentioned the intensity in which is was shouted in out of order, I can understand that and he has a point.Again, "every name under the sun" didn't happen, unless you are wanting to believe it did. This is getting ridiculous now, people on here see fit to have a go at those who shouted, ok fair enough but don't start twisting what happened and insinuating personal abuse was shouted when it wasn't.Next time St Johnstone come to Firhill and horse us 5v1 or Clyde come along and pump us 4v0, I'll remember not so shout or display any displeasure at the result or performance at all. I'll keep it in mind that "f***in embarrassing" is vile abuse to a professional footballer and that they shouldn't receive such treatment in a football stadium.

Nobody should receive that sort of treatment, period! How do you think that video looks to those who are not Partick Thistle fans? Morals and common decency dictate you should not be coming within a few feet of a footballer and yell and swear at them. It's football for God's sake!!! It's not life and death.

Christ..what would you rather they were clapped off the park "oh bad luck guys better luck next time"

I think calling them a fckn disgrace is quite mild!!!

Why does it always seem to be this way on the forum, if you disagree with one action you must want the exact opposite? I'm sure there is some middle ground that would be acceptable and still let the players know how disappointing and embarrassing that performance was. It's a personal opinion Chico.

When you add in certain other factors in what happened (which I outlined earlier in this thread) then IMO the video of the fans at the end was disappointing and a pure cringe fest...just like the result on the park, and the emergence of a wee squad of numpties who want to resurrect the NGE. Bad day all round I'd say.

Imagine if the likes of Jackie McNamara or Aaron Sinclair was to burst into the office you worked in and call you ever name under the sun just because you have had a bad day.

There is a big difference. Having a bad day suggests you tried, that you made an effort but things just didn't work out for you.

If 2 people had travelled from Aberdeen to Glasgow for 3 hours, to watch me work for 90 mins, and then travel home for another 3 hours. If those 2 people had paid to do that, and paid for lunches etc.

And i then sat at my desk showing no effort at all to make their journey worthwhile?

i would expect to get my fckin erse booted all over the place! and my bosses would go through me as mine and the company's name would be in tatters.

Someone please help me here.

What does a professional footballer making an effort look like, compared to one who isn't? Serious question. Videos might help illustrate the various points of view.

Here's the top YouTube result for "footballers making an effort"

10 seconds in the OM player almost loses the ball...effort or no effort?

for starters, effort looks like someone who:

breaks sweat.

chases back to help his team mates.

counter attacks to help his strikers.

motivates those around him.

puts in a tackle with conviction.

looks to make a pass that benefits the team, not get themselves out of jail.

doesn't hide behind other players or the ref when their team mate is looking to make a pass.

Someone please help me here.

What does a professional footballer making an effort look like, compared to one who isn't? Serious question. Videos might help illustrate the various points of view.

Here's the top YouTube result for "footballers making an effort"

10 seconds in the OM player almost loses the ball...effort or no effort?

That entire Nantes team should be shown the door.

Nobody should receive that sort of treatment, period! How do you think that video looks to those who are not Partick Thistle fans? Morals and common decency dictate you should not be coming within a few feet of a footballer and yell and swear at them. It's football for God's sake!!! It's not life and death.

So know your argument has changed to the close proximity?

I think as some one who made the journey up there, witness Thistle put in one of the worst performances in recent memory (there's another thing you could twist seeing as folk focus too much on the result) and spend about £50 in total to do so, I've got every right to go up to the players and management and shout "total embarrassment". But, hey it was arguably one of the Club's worst results in our history and the management and players shamed the Club. That isn't even criticising Culter either, who really should have won the game.

The close proximity was due to the changing rooms being all of about 3 feet away from the away support. What do you want me to do? Walk back ten yards and then shout what I did. People were angry, in disbelief and ashamed at what they had witnessed.

Why don't you admit in your previous post you completely made up the imaginary "every name under the sun", which you'd think would include some personal name calling and such like to fit your argument.

Next time we get pumped at Firhill by another team. I'll just bite my tongue and accept it because we should.