Rumour Mill

stuart_adam

One thing would like to see for next season is u signing a player with some leadership qualities. personally I think that the team has lacked a martin hardie/danny lennon figure in there. Although Hardies past it, That sort of player is wot we are needing. Any suggestions???

Jaggy Mac. Even on one and a half legs he'll offer more leadership than the rest put together...

Doolan isn't consistent enough at this level, and frankly we don't have time to wait for him to be good enough. He's been playing regular first team football since January and hasn't done enough as a goalscorer to warrant being kept on.

I should add that I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Well done today Kris!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

kris doolan is a striker with an eye for goal at least. it might not have gone very well at clyde, but they were rubbish while he was there. the sort of goals he scores shows him to be someone we should keep for the time being. take his goal v killie in pre season, or at raith, as an example. predatory instinct in the box. i'd rather use grehan, buchanan, burns and doolan in some form of rotation depending on form/opposition than keep playing donnelly up front.

kris doolan is a striker with an eye for goal at least. it might not have gone very well at clyde, but they were rubbish while he was there. the sort of goals he scores shows him to be someone we should keep for the time being. take his goal v killie in pre season, or at raith, as an example. predatory instinct in the box. i'd rather use grehan, buchanan, burns and doolan in some form of rotation depending on form/opposition than keep playing donnelly up front.

The stats don't lie, Buchanan 10, Sid 8, Cairney 7 and the rest 18 this season.

Whether you like it,or not, Donnelly's contribution is essential to this team, and is not properly acknowledged by a sizeable proportion of the Jags support.

The stats don't lie, Buchanan 10, Sid 8, Cairney 7 and the rest 18 this season.

Whether you like it,or not, Donnelly's contribution is essential to this team, and is not properly acknowledged by a sizeable proportion of the Jags support.

You said it, I make it 131 appearances and 17 goals for us.

What do you see as his contribution to this team?

Donnelly could be summed up by one incident yesterday, takes the ball in the box right in front of goal 16 tards out. Doesn't shoot himself but instead lays the ball square to Erskine. Erskine has 3 guys around him and lays the ball back to Donnelly who's still in same position but hasn't anticipated that the ball might come back to him- he's done his job with his lovely lay off- and the chance goes!

We all know the team is crying out for a striker to play along side Liam but not Donnelly. He's an enigma, has been his whole career. Plenty of skill but not enough dig to play in the midfield. Not good enough in front of goal to be a striker!

noticed a post earlier about john baird at airdrie moving to raith, i take it McCall has enquired about signing him aswell then aye? was McCall asking the fans at the MTMN who we suggest we sign or something?

anyone who thinks we will sign deuchar or mcmenamin must be on drugs. skelton wouldnt be the worst signing, scored a few goals wi gretna at this level but if he can't get a game in that killie team then who knows.

can see a long uneventful summer though, not much to look forward to, the odd lower division signing, nae money for a decent away day friendly

You said it, I make it 131 appearances and 17 goals for us.

What do you see as his contribution to this team?

Donnelly could be summed up by one incident yesterday, takes the ball in the box right in front of goal 16 tards out. Doesn't shoot himself but instead lays the ball square to Erskine. Erskine has 3 guys around him and lays the ball back to Donnelly who's still in same position but hasn't anticipated that the ball might come back to him- he's done his job with his lovely lay off- and the chance goes!

We all know the team is crying out for a striker to play along side Liam but not Donnelly. He's an enigma, has been his whole career. Plenty of skill but not enough dig to play in the midfield. Not good enough in front of goal to be a striker!

Buchanan is 25 now, and had a disappointing season overall despite his 10 goals. How much longer do you think we should give him?

Donnelly's contribution goes far further than scoring goals, it's about using the ball to bring others into the play. There is probably no-one better in this division at doing so.

Two examples, his work for both Adams' and Lovell's goals v ICT in November, and his hold up for Cairney v Morton at New Year.

noticed a post earlier about john baird at airdrie moving to raith, i take it McCall has enquired about signing him aswell then aye? was McCall asking the fans at the MTMN who we suggest we sign or something?

anyone who thinks we will sign deuchar or mcmenamin must be on drugs. skelton wouldnt be the worst signing, scored a few goals wi gretna at this level but if he can't get a game in that killie team then who knows.

can see a long uneventful summer though, not much to look forward to, the odd lower division signing, nae money for a decent away day friendly

Just a quick one on your last point there about a decent away day friendly. I asked this on the old forum. Im sure we would all accept an away day similar to Lancaster a few years ago yeah? Im not sure how it would cost us more to play Lancaster away in a friendly or , for example, Montrose away. The players could go up and down in a day as its not far over the border. Therefore the only real cost is that of a coach but surely the difference in hiring a coach to Montrose or to Lancaster cant be that much? Maybe someone who knows more about coach prices can put me in my place?

Just a quick one on your last point there about a decent away day friendly. I asked this on the old forum. Im sure we would all accept an away day similar to Lancaster a few years ago yeah? Im not sure how it would cost us more to play Lancaster away in a friendly or , for example, Montrose away. The players could go up and down in a day as its not far over the border. Therefore the only real cost is that of a coach but surely the difference in hiring a coach to Montrose or to Lancaster cant be that much? Maybe someone who knows more about coach prices can put me in my place?

yeah I remember someone saying it can't cost that much more than going to montrose for example. I cant see us playing stirling as they are coming up, we'll play QP, clyde, maybe an english team or two, wouldn't mind a 'friendly' against one of the OF at firhill to be honest. is there a possibility of being that skint that al our friendlies are at home?

It's been funny reading this post new after Saturdays game. I have always thought that Grehan and Doolan add some much needed height to our attack and seem to be willing to have a crack from outside the box. This is something we've really been lacking this season. Anyway, Doolan's goal was a cracker, and i'd have kept him before it but surely it shows what he's capable of.

My criticism of IM is that he seems to want names and this season they've just not performed - Adams, Lovell, Shields have all been a waste of money.

I'd be delighted to see Conroy at Firhill again next season and seeing we seem to have a decent relationship with Celtic/Lennon I wouldn't see this as being impossible. Nobody has mentioned Mcnamara yet - is this dead in the water or are people taking this transfer as a given?

I'm assuming this is MacBeth given what you said in the other thread. Hmmm...happy to have young players moving on but would like to get them a bit of time in the first team first and also to get some money for them when they move. Would either of these happen in this instance?

Both of these scenarios could happen (sell him and get him back on loan), we would get money for him anyway because of his age but he's just signed a new deal with us so fee would be involved regardless. However as the title of the thread says, its just rumour :unsure:

Heard today a few of our young lads that played for the first team in the last few weeks have trials at bolton, thanks to a mr john henry. :(

This would be good news. We'd get some money if he went and it'd be a sign that our youth system is working.