Christie Elliott

ayrshire jag

Has there been any word re his injury and how long he is going to be out. I see he is back home at present.

Plus Conrad now moved out of flat in Glasgow back to Edinburgh so maybe he won't be coming back to Jags in January.

AJ

Elliott No Idea Balatoni The poor guy probably doesnt know what is happening himselfas Hearts are in a mess.

• 2 years later...

Big fan of Christie and delighted with the way he's developed into a such a dependable player. He's a manager's dream and has worked tremendously hard at his game in the last few years. As others have said, I think there's always room for a player like Christie in the squad but not quite sure whether he's worth a two-year deal at the moment; worth another year without any question. Don't know if it was just me but the impression I got from some of those comments in the Record is that he doesn't want to accept the first offer on the table and might look for a bit more security.

Suspicious of press articles like this. We're constantly complaining of lack of media attention yet such a complete non story is given this coverage.

Like 1JL I'd love to hear of an extension to Christie's contract. He's the epitome of a true Jags player and I for one believe there's a wee bit more skill factor to his game than he's given credit. Too many overlook that, preferring a traditional black and white opinion along the lines of the guy gives a 100% but hasn't the level of ability for the top league.

I'd like to think I'm reading between the lines too much here. Certainly hope so.