Some good approach play in the first half ending with the inevitable dismal final ball and absolutely nothing in the second half.

The second 45 was as bad as I've seen us under Jackie Mac, simply dreadful.Our forwards look weak at the best of times but the final ball to them is pathetic.The amount of over hit crosses and misplaced passes into the box is an embarrassment.

It was completely inevitable we were going to lose that game 0-1, I think their 89th minute shot for the goal was the first on target for either team.

That was Anti-Entertainment today,the type of fare that drives fans away from football forever.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on there Lenny Lad. I'm in Sydney as my post started out to say so How am I going to go and see the Jags every week ?

I was just commenting on the fact that The Jags are in all sorts of trouble and if results don't improve on the park then how do they suppose

they will survive in the future. Do you want to see them in the 2nd or 3rd div's perhaps with even more dwindling crowds or would you rather

see them up in nthe Premier with the big boys. I know what I'd prefer mate!

Sorry, I missed the Sydney bit and I probably misinterpreted your post. Having seen us in the second and way too close to dropping into the third than i ever want to witness again, I share your view where I want to see us play.

I also accept that the drop in crowds is a concern and results like today will not help in getting people back.

Let's face it the whole team wasn't on the ball today I pray for future jags fans that the seasons from now on don t finish this quickly I fail to see a reason why any of the games from now to the end of the season matter as Since the effort isn't there we are finishing nowhere but mid table. Bad times :(

Quite frankly that is one of the worst games of football i have attended in as long as i can remember.

It got to the point where we were asking "will that be in the highlights?" with Gus's chest control and Aaron's spam throw in suggested as shoe in's.

the other week i attended my local team St Mirren V Dundee United. Two mid table SPL teams, play in the hurricane ******'s aftermath. it was £10 to get in. between the teams they served up 20 shots on target.

any mug who thinks there is no difference between the spl and the 1st should wake up.

what i saw today was players quite clearly either not motivated, or just out their depth. we were lucky gettin queens in the draw today, it gave us a chance to get through. those players fcked it up!

i'm sick of watching thistle players play the ball BEHIND the man running into space, just because the last time they spotted him, he was over there... the boys running... play it into his path... fckin basics!

but equally i'm getting sick of the abuse Erskine is taking. i don't know what it is, but every single mistake, missed pass or over hit cross is met with a torrent of abuse... 6 or 7 players had worse games today, and none got the stick he took. the guy never hides, is always available, owns up to his mistakes and keeps his head up. at one point in the second half, doolan dodged an over hit pass, sent to him at waist height. he got out the way of it. Erskine was right behind him and obviously had no chance to control it! cue verbal abuse at Erskine!

he is the only player who looks like creating something (barring dargo) and thanks to some morons, the guy might just shrink into his shell and play the simple boring sideways game, the same as the rest of these non entities.

Fox: not troubled, shockingly slow distribution from hand, chose the wrong man when kicking when better options available.

O'Donnell: Beating two men in one move doesn't make you a footballer. Finding your man with a pass. That would be a start.

Robertson: Aye good on ye big man, didn't notice, value, miss or appreciate you.

Archie: only him and Paton have a style all of their own that no other footballer uses. Archie's is the bring it down, miss control your second touch, make a forward pass to no one, that looks like a sliding tackle taking it off the forwards toes! i also like the arms over the forwards shoulder thing he's going for, seems the refs liked it too, none judged impeding the striker to be an offence!

Sinclair: Great engine (headless chicken) fckin appalling delivery. the only guy i know who's throw in is worse than his cross. and his crossing is some of the worst i've seen.

Erskine: Only meaningful shot of the game for the team, early in the first half... only good cross into the box for the team. beat men, never hid, didn't play especially well, but only made 4 mistakes. took a fckin torrent of abuse from the JHS when ever the ball went near him and play broke down. even if it wasn't his fault.

Paton: flaters to kid no one. this swinging arm and touch and run to control a ball out the air and beat a man is now fooling himself! you're in the middle of the park now paul, not right back, *****ing about. his in ability to be aware of a pass outwith the way he's facing is painful to watch!

Flannigan: not sure why he was in the team, squad, changing room, stadium, City of Glasgow today.

Cairney: the only guy in the team who the rest of his team mates have faith in. everything MUST go through him... but once you give him the ball? aye, hide, thats cool, he'll do everything for you!

Stewart: See Flannigan. Mate, please, you are not a footballer. Might aswell admit it.

Doolan: Ran tirelessly, with no service, barring a punt from fox, or 2, when he had 2 or 3 men on him. Deserved man of the match. Never gave up.

advice:

Drop Flannigan and stewart, bring in Elliott and Dargo... and as a team, get your fckin fingers out your lazy fckin arses.

Edited by potty trained

Let's face it the whole team wasn't on the ball today I pray for future jags fans that the seasons from now on don t finish this quickly I fail to see a reason why any of the games from now to the end of the season matter as Since the effort isn't there we are finishing nowhere but mid table. Bad times :(

If it was as bad as you guys who witnessed it say it was (and I am not for one second doubting it wasn't), then we will have a relegation battle to fight so the season is most certainly not over. Our cup hopes are and by the sound of things so are our chances of challenging at the top of the league.

If it was as bad as you guys who witnessed it say it was (and I am not for one second doubting it wasn't), then we will have a relegation battle to fight so the season is most certainly not over. Our cup hopes are and by the sound of things so are our chances of challenging at the top of the league.

Oh snore, we'll win on Friday and be 7 points behind county who have a chance of dropping points. BOOM! we are still in it, sick of all this doom and gloom pish.

exactly, so WE MUST GET BEHIND THE TEAM... we must blindly support them no matter what level of dross they are serving up. OUR TEAM NEEDS US. we are partick thistle, average is in our nature, so part with your hard earned cash, the club will die without us, the fans...

complete and utter fckin BOLLOCKS!

This was mentioned a couple of times above, but in the last three games I have been AMAZED at quite how awful Sinclair's throw-ins are. He is completely incapable of taking a shy.

I suppose that this sounds like the kind of thing that monin' fkrs bring up - some weird rant about something tangential to the main issues. It's only a throw-in, but seriously, if you have not already noticed, watch him the next couple of games and prepare to be HORRIFIED...

Anyway, overall today, dire stuff. I actually thought most of the first half was okay, in a nampy-pamby "after you Claude" type of tippity-tappity way. O'Donnell and the Bridge worked really well down the right, Paton and Cairney underperformed but knocked the ball about well enough, Dools showed a good touch, and the defence dealt very comfortable with the (feeble) Queens attacks. B*gger me, though, that second half was exceptionally keech. Fair play to boring Gus for changing things around, but what on Earth did MacNamara say to them during the break?

No balance to the team. Even though scott robertson did ok today, he is a central midielder. Flannigan and tommy stewart are far too physically weak. I cant believe jackie started flannigan, especially since he hasn't played for 3 months. Stuart bannigan is a natural central midfielder, i cant believe he was left out, since he started two weeks ago and played well. Elliot is useless out on the wing. He is the only striker with any height, jackie should be putting him up front with doolan. As much as i think dargo is an ok player, he isnt really what we need at the moment. To be fair to steven odonnell, i think he did well today and was our best player. We are getting found out at home. Lots of teams realise that to beat us, you put 10 men behind the ball. It showed today when queens put alan reid at right wing, who is normally a left or right back. You cant blame teams for doing that, thistle have got to do better and have a bit of immagination. We didnt deserve to win and to be honest after the draw away to culter, we didnt deserve to be in the cup, cause that result felt like a defeat.

exactly, so WE MUST GET BEHIND THE TEAM... we must blindly support them no matter what level of dross they are serving up. OUR TEAM NEEDS US. we are partick thistle, average is in our nature, so part with your hard earned cash, the club will die without us, the fans...

complete and utter fckin BOLLOCKS!

PT why is it when those who don't join in the running everyone out the club style posts, they are accused of wanting or accepting average. They have no ambition and they are all happy with their lot with the Jags?

It's those accusations that are Bollocks.

If you don't join in with the rants aimed at all n sundry at the club, you get subjected to all kinds of abuse and jibes. It turns into a fight in a kids playground on here after almost every defeat.

Tell me, who are the supporters who are happy tonight? Who wants just average, no ambition? There is a general opinion that the second half was really bad today. Number have questioned what Jackie must have said to the players. Do people really think he said, "look first half wasn't great but come on you can do so much worse. I'll only be happy if you play so bad that at the end, we'll lose by a last minute goal and I can get to hear the fans chant What a load of rubbish at the end?"

Clearly something went badly wrong today. Some are acting like it was deliberate. All others are saying, or at least trying to, is that this sometimes happens. Doesn't make it right, doesn't lesson the hurt at being out the cup but it also doesn't mean the players and manager and board didn't suffer either.

Lenny, yet another post, where i haven't got the slightest clue exactly what you mean, what you are driving at, or who you are directing your inane ramble at... Don't be afraid of clarity, directness or calling a spade a spade.

but please stop boring me. and get to the point. :thumbsup2:

oh and by the way, for a game you weren't at... you are fcking owning this thread aswell!

Edited by potty trained

The last two games against QOtS and the game against Raith are probably 3 of the worst games I have ever seen nvolving Thistle. No idea how to crack open an organised defence. One shot on taregt from both teams all day resulted in the only goal of the game.

We have a midfield that seems to be built for defence, no shots from midfield, no through balls for the strikers to run on to and no support in the box when we eventually get a cross in from the by-line, the team is crying out for a charnley/watson/hardy character, in fact the team is crying out for a charcter.

We are never going to get anywhere unless we shoot and we could have a world class poacher there who would only get a handfull of goals per season as all the balls go to the front line withthere backs to goal and defenders around them

potty, excellent (long) post you make, especially the points i have snipped below (although i'm bemused by your dargo comment, if you had said doolan instead.....).

i'm sick of watching thistle players play the ball BEHIND the man running into space, just because the last time they spotted him, he was over there... the boys running... play it into his path... fckin basics!

but equally i'm getting sick of the abuse Erskine is taking. i don't know what it is, but every single mistake, missed pass or over hit cross is met with a torrent of abuse... 6 or 7 players had worse games today, and none got the stick he took. the guy never hides, is always available, owns up to his mistakes and keeps his head up. at one point in the second half, doolan dodged an over hit pass, sent to him at waist height. he got out the way of it. Erskine was right behind him and obviously had no chance to control it! cue verbal abuse at Erskine!

he is the only player who looks like creating something (barring dargo) and thanks to some morons, the guy might just shrink into his shell and play the simple boring sideways game, the same as the rest of these non entities.

Flannigan: not sure why he was in the team, squad, changing room, stadium, City of Glasgow today.

Stewart: See Flannigan. Mate, please, you are not a footballer. Might aswell admit it.

Doolan: Ran tirelessly, with no service, barring a punt from fox, or 2, when he had 2 or 3 men on him. Deserved man of the match. Never gave up.

Also, your Doolan comment could be applied almost on a weekly basis.

Quite frankly that is one of the worst games of football i have attended in as long as i can remember.

I wish I suffered amnesia like you - Culter, Raith... and if you go back through the seasons...aghhh...having trouble getting my fingers to type Stirling Albion (Halliwells last game time he took to the pitch for us)

We'll have a few more before the end of the season too no doubt, punctuated by the occasional good performance.

As for Jackie would have liked to see a bit more animation as too many did not look to have any urgency about them at all. And just how many free kicks did we get, where we took it quick/short to only lose the ball behind where the kick was taken.

All very well wanting to be a passing team, but you need players that can actually pass the ball.

Dire game, worst, no... lucky to get in the top 5 worst performances of this season, six if you count the friendly at Dumbarton...cold sweat now! As for years... would need to refresh my memory by going through old threads, though there will be plenty!

We need to sort it - but with Hutton now gone together with Rowser being out and Flannigan (not exactly renowned for his ball winning) coming in, we were going to be short in midfield.

As for Jackie, I still keep him but think when things are clearly going wrong, we need a plan B. i.e., more direct if only to give the opposing defence / keeper something to think about.

Positives: Overall, I think Jackie has done well with the players he has managed to bring in. Also he is clearly getting the best out of Cairney - I'd give Cairney the player of the year award now, as he is so far ahead of everyone else - and moving Paton into the middle has on the whole been very successful, Getting Hutton in - there were some mixed views as he came from the HMRC XI, though without him in the side it has left a hole and we are clearly missing him. Hopefully the two new lads will be as successful, if so then maybe, just maybe we will have something better to watch over the coming months. Or else I'll be wanting your amnesia too!

Games like that make you want to chuck going to football. Freezing cold, no atmosphere, two pish teams playing on a tattie field of a pitch in a game devoid of entertainment.

Jackie will be no better or worse than McCall for me. I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing, but its getting quite boring, I don't share the same views that he will be managing at the same level as Lambert or Coyle down the line.

Sums things up for me, pathetic display from two supposedly professional sides. Seems to be happening more frequently as the years go on.

First half thought we played well, with the amount of procession we had we really should have been a few goals up. We got ourselves into good positions but final ball and decision making was poor.

Second half Queens came out fired up and got in our faces. Jackie was far too late to react to this. Flannigan played well for me first half but second half he fell out of it. Cairney should have been moved into the centre far earlier so to try and compete. We were very miss joined in the second half and seemed to lose our shape. I have no understanding why Jackie put on Elliot on in front of Dargo, The ball was not sticking upfront and Dargo is the best option to change that, then he puts Elliott out to the wing and he was hopeless out there.

No doubt Gus got the better of Jackie tactically in the second half.

Sinclair had a nightmare, don’t think he will be going anywhere in this window!

Yesterday was just terrible.

The performance by our team was a disgrace. The one thing to look forward for the rest of the season and the manager and team serve up that pish? Unacceptable. Fans are getting robbed to watch shite like that and some of the no marks in our team are getting paid to turn up and just offer nothing whatsoever.

That's three home games now, Raith and the two QoS matches and we've lost two of them and scored one. During these games we've created no good chances for the strikers. Our team's play is so painstakingly repetitive that it's bordering on ridiculous and I'm getting fed up watching it.

Hated almost everything about that game yesterday, on and off the park. The performace has been well documented in previous posts. Never shouted "SHOOT" so many times in my life. The only point I'd make is that we want to play the ball on the deck, apart from Paul Paton who looks for the long floaty pass at ever turn, but the pitch is not good enough for it. Ball bumping all over the place and players slipping all over the place.

We are not world beaters, but making a simple pass and showing a bit of effort is a must at any level. We are missing Hutton as he kept the ball moving, we don't have that now.

I was lucky (?) enough to get a pie yesterday and it was 2 degrees away from raw. How hard can it be to heat up a fekin pie. Got hot dogs for the weans, the roll was solid and when they opened it to put the hot dog in, it just split. Catering as bad as the display on the park.

Away fans sitting 3 ft away from the kidz zone, you know the bit where bad language is not tolerated. Well try telling that to the away fans.

The matchday experience:

Football - pretty much as bad as I have seen in may a year at Firhill

Catering - shocking, never again shall I shell out a hard earned shekel at the pie stall.

Atmosphere - dead.

Overall - as mentioned in a previous post, it was the kind of day that makes you wonder why you bother.

On the plus side - my 4 year old son said that their No7 (Alan Johnston) looked like Gargamel from the Smurphs!

Edited by Lionel J. Botch

Hated almost everything about that game yesterday, on and off the park. The performace has been well documented in previous posts. Never shouted "SHOOT" so many times in my life. The only point I'd make is that we want to play the ball on the deck, apart from Paul Paton who looks for the long floaty pass at ever turn, but the pitch is not good enough for it. Ball bumping all over the place and players slipping all over the place.

We are not world beaters, but making a simple pass and showing a bit of effort is a must at any level. We are missing Hutton as he kept the ball moving, we don't have that now.

I was lucky (?) enough to get a pie yesterday and it was 2 degrees away from raw. How hard can it be to heat up a fekin pie. Got hot dogs for the weans, the roll was solid and when they opened it to put the hot dog in, it just split. Catering as bad as the display on the park.

Away fans sitting 3 ft away from the kidz zone, you know the bit where bad language is not tolerated. Well try telling that to the away fans.

The matchday experience:

Football - pretty much as bad as I have seen in may a year at Firhill

Catering - shocking, never again shall I shell out a hard earned shekel at the pie stall.

Atmosphere - dead.

Overall - as mentioned in a previous post, it was the kind of day that makes you wonder why you bother.

On the plus side - my 4 year old son said that their No7 (Alan Johnston) looked like Gargamel from the Smurphs!

Spot on.

The matchday experience was beginning to prove under Jim Alexander, and god knows his job wasn't easy. But in true PTFC style, we saw that something was beginning to work, and promptly put an end to it.

Firhill is quite simply an awful place to go these days. Can't see any reason why we shouldn't lock the doors and knock the place down, move across the canal and clear the debt.

Dreadful game of football against a team whose tactics were nothing short of shocking. We have our failings but if I ever saw a Jags team play against a fellow Div 1 side with those tactics, I'd chuck it for good.

Having said that, we should have been at least 2 up at half time. The most annoying thing about the game for me was we simply ran out of ideas in the 2nd half and had no plan B. Absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach at the result.

I'm getting my tin hat on here but I thought first half we were very good. Played the ball on deck, lots of passing and prodding and a couple of chances but alas no end product. The final ball was sadly missing. Still reasonable support from Thistle fans and applause as the players went into the dressing room.

Second half, I don't know what happened. QOTS started to mix it up and we struggled. However the fans started to get on the players backs straight away. There are some elements of the Thistle support who must be the most miserable, negative, whiney and overly dramatic ("I'm packing it in", "Never going back" etc etc) in the whole of the country. Remember these guys are on £500 a week and many are young. They don't have the mental strength to block out the abuse from their own fans. With the negative reaction they experience why would they bother trying to take on a player to get howls of abuse and instead do a simple pass to stay away from the jibes. Yes the 2nd half was poor and yes QOTS were pish and did not deserve to win it but their negative tactics worked and they nicked it at the end. This has happened in many games throughout time.

We were robbed. Should have beaten them easily and yes I was very annoyed when I left the game and gutted that we are not in the next round.

Time for the new manager to learn from this and move on.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo