Short Changing Away Fans

Dark Passenger

It's been claimed on Twitter that, for the second game on the trot, some away fans were being asked to stump up £20 to get in tonight due to a shortage of change at the turnstiles. If this is true, and I stress the if, then the smug comments regarding our Govan neighbours should cease immediately.

We're lacking pride on the pitch, I hope to hell that the club aren't going to strip us of our dignity off it.

This season can't end quickly enough.

It's been claimed on Twitter that, for the second game on the trot, some away fans were being asked to stump up £20 to get in tonight due to a shortage of change at the turnstiles. If this is true, and I stress the if, then the smug comments regarding our Govan neighbours should cease immediately.

We're lacking pride on the pitch, I hope to hell that the club aren't going to strip us of our dignity off it.

This is shocking if true.

the ayr fans were in the JH stand aswell, did they not have to queue up and buy their tickets at the portacabin like we did or just pay at the gate?

I noticed on pie and bovril there were a few ayr and morton fans saying the same. they were also saying how bad the catering was in the away end, with no hot food left at half time, everything about this club is going down the shitter fast.

Very worrying that these incidents have been brought to attention yet again.

Not good for the image of the Club at all and, if true this illustrates a very unprofessional portrayal of those running the Club.

I've said it before it was a crazy decision to allow Craig Whyte's brother to operate that turnstile. :thumbdown:

hilarious!

We were talking in the pub after the game, wondering what nonsense the stay-away "fans" would have been posting at half time. Didn't think anyone would quite stoop to this nonsense, though!

A fair few Morton fans said it on P&B after the game on Saturday. Travelling away is turning into a miserable and expensive experience and it's things like this that will make some of the fans give Firhill a miss in favour of somewhere else.

I'm sure we all have our away games we don't generally go to anymore for whatever reason.

A fair few Morton fans said it on P&B after the game on Saturday. Travelling away is turning into a miserable and expensive experience and it's things like this that will make some of the fans give Firhill a miss in favour of somewhere else.

I'm sure we all have our away games we don't generally go to anymore for whatever reason.

I'm sure if the Morton fans had to experience what away fans have to put up with at Crappielow then a vist to Firhill would be a luxury for them

I'm sure if the Morton fans had to experience what away fans have to put up with at Crappielow then a vist to Firhill would be a luxury for them

Point being that being stuck in the main stand and 'the facilities' there provide a reason/excuse for lots of Thistle fans not to bother with Morton. Same way the stewards/price at Dens mean lots of Thistle fans won't go there. Livingston being in Livingston means lots of Thistle fans (well me) won't go there.

Not many fans go to every away game which means by default the majority of away fans pick and choose where to go, charging someone £20 to get in because we can't even arrange for enough nuggets at the away turnstyles is the kind of thing that will make some away fans not bother coming here again, the club needs away fans money and we need away fans to help with the atmosphere.

Point being that being stuck in the main stand and 'the facilities' there provide a reason/excuse for lots of Thistle fans not to bother with Morton. Same way the stewards/price at Dens mean lots of Thistle fans won't go there. Livingston being in Livingston means lots of Thistle fans (well me) won't go there.

Not many fans go to every away game which means by default the majority of away fans pick and choose where to go, charging someone £20 to get in because we can't even arrange for enough nuggets at the away turnstyles is the kind of thing that will make some away fans not bother coming here again, the club needs away fans money and we need away fans to help with the atmosphere.

Uberteeb -so we are clear my view has always been you treat Home and Away Fans the exact same they both pay there cash HOWEVER its been clearly stated by a poster that the Morton Fans were simply asked for £22 and given a fiver change -its against SFL rules to charge differing prices for Home and away Support -THEY WERE NOT CHARGED £20 this statement is untrue.

As we are using paying turnstyles due to putting them in the away stand as opposed to the Portacabin with a central float its more difficult to estimate the quantity of change so some operators will try and offset by asking for £22 and giving £5 change -Im honestly struggling to see the basis of compliant by doing this,

Lack of hot food etc etc all fair comment.

Uberteeb -so we are clear my view has always been you treat Home and Away Fans the exact same they both pay there cash HOWEVER its been clearly stated by a poster that the Morton Fans were simply asked for £22 and given a fiver change -its against SFL rules to charge differing prices for Home and away Support -THEY WERE NOT CHARGED £20 this statement is untrue.

As we are using paying turnstyles due to putting them in the away stand as opposed to the Portacabin with a central float its more difficult to estimate the quantity of change so some operators will try and offset by asking for £22 and giving £5 change -Im honestly struggling to see the basis of compliant by doing this,

Lack of hot food etc etc all fair comment.

I've no idea if it happened or not but in the post match Morton thread on P&B there were people saying they had to pay £20 to get in, not being asked for £22 and getting a fiver back. Whether or not that is true I dont know and dont really care but I dont know why anyone would make that up.

I don't know if there is any truth in the visiting supporters claims or not, but isn't there a bigger issue here. We are struggling to get our own supporters through the turnstiles, so shouldn't we be doing all that we can to make Firhill the number 1 attraction for visiting fans ? I'm not suggesting that we let them in cut price, but lets atleast make the accomodation comfortable and offfer them decent food and facilities.

Couple of points seem to missing from some peoples views. 1) Some fans actually got in for £15 in both games for the same reason (not enough change) so those fans are more likely to come to Firhill than give it a miss, and 2) At least it will offset some of the chancers going through as under 16s when they aint, this has also been outed on P&B. Selective memory from some, or simply trying to look on the dull side EVERY SINGLE TIME. Even the ballboys are copping it now ffs.

Also, there should be enough change, come on Thistle sort it out. There should also be people manning (or womaning) the turnstyles who can identify an under 16 from a 20something and/or have the balls to say 'haw you're no under 16, beat it' when they see someone coming through their turnstyle who is clearly older.

I've no idea if it happened or not but in the post match Morton thread on P&B there were people saying they had to pay £20 to get in, not being asked for £22 and getting a fiver back. Whether or not that is true I dont know and dont really care but I dont know why anyone would make that up.

Uberteeb - I checked it didnt happen ,the cash is checked against clicks each game -it tallied there was no overpayment _ I fully agree away supporters should be treated exactly the same as home supporters, but we would be fined heavily by the sfl if we charged away supporters more than home supporters -it didnt happen and lets face it P&B isnt exactly the most rational well informed forum

Uberteeb - I checked it didnt happen ,the cash is checked against clicks each game -it tallied there was no overpayment _ I fully agree away supporters should be treated exactly the same as home supporters, but we would be fined heavily by the sfl if we charged away supporters more than home supporters -it didnt happen and lets face it P&B isnt exactly the most rational well informed forum

Thanks for clearing that up JJ :frantic: