Gattuso would compliment Hugh Murray perfectly. If the board are serious about promotion then they really should push the boat out to get him in. He wouldn't be on that much, and Ian Cameron, Ami Small and Craig Dargo's wages are going spare. I really worry that if we don't sign him then the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline or Falkirk will.

Falkirk & Rangers were the other 2 clubs, but with Rangers being unable to sign anyone, plus aparantly bad blood between him and "Sally", rumour is from an ex Rangers 1st team player

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falkirk & Rangers were the other 2 clubs, but with Rangers being unable to sign anyone, plus aparantly bad blood between him and "Sally", rumour is from an ex Rangers 1st team player

My comments were made in jest pal. There's more chance of Gerry Collins being appointed Chelsea manager than there is of us signing Rino Gattuso. The very thought of it is ridiculous.

I'm not confident at all with the players we have behind Doolan - currently. McGuigan getting asked to produce a lot early on. Elliot is an "impact sub" at best. Fraser is a carthorse.

Edited by MWM

• 2 weeks later...

Even if Kinniburgh stayed I didn't have enough confidence in our centre backs to give us a good title shot. A wage is freed up now we have a chance to go out and try and get an experienced defender.

I don't think I've seen him in the flesh and let's assume some early rumours are true, would Canning be a good solid signing? Some posters on here keeps tabs on other teams players and have a better judgement of player than me, as I don't really care anymore about other teams players. Any other potential players we could or should try and get?

If we resigned Robertson (primarily a midfielder remember) I still wouldn't think we'd have a good enough defence. McNamara's got an opportunity here, let's hope he doesn't ruin it.

I don't think I've seen him in the flesh and let's assume some early rumours are true, would Canning be a good solid signing?

Not really an answer but I don't think Accies fans are lamenting losing Canning.

Ideally if you're playing three at the back you want one of them to be able to play as a target man type centre forward when asked. If you've made all substitutions and you're still chasing the game playing three centrebacks is next to useless. A deluxe version of Paddy Keogh that's what we want :thumbsup2::)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Not really an answer but I don't think Accies fans are lamenting losing Canning.

Ideally if you're playing three at the back you want one of them to be able to play as a target man type centre forward when asked. If you've made all substitutions and you're still chasing the game playing three centrebacks is next to useless. A deluxe version of Paddy Keogh that's what we want :thumbsup2::)

Or Jukka Santala?

If it was between Keddie or Canning, I'd probably edge for Canning. Always quite liked Keddie even though he does have some "moments", decent big player at this level.

However, big Robertson deserves a deal and I wouldn't like to see either Canning or Keddie come in at his expense. I think people forget that Robertson is still relatively young, especially for a centre half, and I reckon he's shown himself to be a pretty able defender.

Bombscare (Keddie). Always propped up by better defensive partners, imo.

Lol, don't make me laugh, feck he's had Dowie and Boyd with him in recent seasons, he is left sided and if Archie is injured would be perfect cover, if Archie is not injured, having Keddie would allow Arch to play Centre of a 3.