No To Newco Campaign

kni

Getting a worrying vibe that the First Division clubs are about to accept the proposal on the table. Still not convinced Sevco will make the start of the season however but it does look like a lot of tummies are being tickled.

Seems to be what people are whispering as the day goes on. Fans' voices will be ignored, the vote will be taken in secret and the clubs (sadly with ours right in the mix) will gamble that the objections will die down and the old football habit will kick in and pull people back.

What could have been a genuinely interesting season for us is now going to be all about "them". It's going to be the ugliest and most sickening spectacle ever seen and we're going to play along like the worst kind of pussies. The Old Firm grip is too tight and when push comes to shove the people running the game and running our club are perfectly content with that. Some of them are really quite thrilled at the prospect.

Unless the Sevco does go bust, and that's got to be the best hope here, it'll be game over. Please go bust again, you cancerous swines, and maybe the rest of us will have a chance.

Seems to be what people are whispering as the day goes on. Fans' voices will be ignored, the vote will be taken in secret and the clubs (sadly with ours right in the mix) will gamble that the objections will die down and the old football habit will kick in and pull people back.

What could have been a genuinely interesting season for us is now going to be all about "them". It's going to be the ugliest and most sickening spectacle ever seen and we're going to play along like the worst kind of pussies. The Old Firm grip is too tight and when push comes to shove the people running the game and running our club are perfectly content with that. Some of them are really quite thrilled at the prospect.

Unless the Sevco does go bust, and that's got to be the best hope here, it'll be game over. Please go bust again, you cancerous swines, and maybe the rest of us will have a chance.

Well if the clubs and the league dont care about the fans they can pay the players and run the stadiums from their own pockets, as my money to the them will stop, and I would encourage everyone to do the same, plus the scotland games if the SFA sanction this, it is finished as a game, say newco dont go up, change the rules to make it 10 up 0 down...... where does it end? Well if they dont make the right decision the death of association fottball in Scotland

Someone dislikes Greenock because it's "the most ****** town I have been in in Scotland". Says it all really. I feel dirty just having looked at that website.

EDIT: and the precise word has been censored as being utter bigotry here, but not on their site....

Edited by Craig-W

Put simply the muted proposals have extremely little to do with reviving Scottish football. Plain and simple they are about preserving the club previously known as Rangers, both to placate their invidious supporters and probably more importantly to retain their ability to generate revenue for the other clubs.

I'm sorry, but I hope to goodness this club can survive without relying on the proceeds of rank sectarianism to do so. For to be honest if that is the case Scottish football will have to survive without me!!!

Edited by stillresigned

I agree with above poster saying its bribery. We are only getting the play offs and the money as a bribe so that the spl chairmen can look good to their fans by sayin no to newco and will only lose newco fans for 1 year. Would this or any other offer be on the table if it was another newco outwith the ugly sisters. PTFC board must oppose any moves to allow newco into Div1 to allow them in is to disregard the rule book over newcos and to stick 2 fingers up to the teams in div 2 and 3. For me PTFC's dignity and morallity must never be for sale at any price

I would really hate to think that after all the good work the board have done in the last couple of seasons getting finances in some semblance of order and being seen to listen to the fans that they could even think about not voting no.

Two years of hard work unravelled in no time.

You have to vote no Mr Beattie!!

This is nothing but bribery and corruption at the highest levels of the SFA , SFL and SPL.

UEFA need to become involved this time as the game will die if this proposal is allowed to happen. There are too many fans who are absolutely raging at the moment.

This is nothing but bribery and corruption at the highest levels of the SFA , SFL and SPL.

UEFA need to become involved this time as the game will die if this proposal is allowed to happen. There are too many fans who are absolutely raging at the moment.

Was thinking similar thoughts and then I saw Platini chuckling away with Blatter on the telly. We're on our own.

Been having a quick look at some SPL club fans' forums and the reaction to this is as you'd expect. The vast majority are furious about the idea of Necow being put in an SPL2. They see it as a fudge and the newco should go to Div 3 at best.

So SPL chairmen who think just not having the blue meany monster in SPL1 would placate their fans will have to think again.

I have a feeling that this has been concocted by a very tight little group hoping that media pressure plus the idea of not having the newco in SPL1 first year will be enough to make the clubs declared against Blueco swither.

There's also an element of blackmail in the threat to SFL clubs who (not invited in) won't go along with them that they'll be left in the lurch. I think these clubs should consider contacting FIFA/EUFA about this as it's blatant corruption.

The real disgrace is the SFA's part in it: they are supposed to be the guardians of the game in this country.We've reached the stage where we really need some independent judicial body overseeing them.

All of this still ignores the possibility of the Newco collapsing anyway. I'm sure they've pushed this forward at this moment in order to give it some life-support.