Arr Craib Cup

Lionel J. Botch

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets go on sale on Monday 16th July.

Open training session Sunday 15th July.

There may be a good reason as to why not, but any chance of selling the tickets on the day when we are at Firhill?

(vote tomorrow may change everything, but trying to ignore that minor detail for a moment)

Too much going on on the Sunday with too little staff to be selling tickets, & keeping the money seperate, for the tournament as well I'm afraid. Tickets will be on sale all week though & also able to walk upn & pay on the day(s) of the tournament.

No news of this competion at all on the Celtic website except for a we mention from April. I suppose they will advertise it a bit nearer the time.

Hope it gets a good turn out. Enjoyed last years match.

I get off the plane at 12.35 so scunnered at missing the game.

No news of this competion at all on the Celtic website except for a we mention from April. I suppose they will advertise it a bit nearer the time.

Hope it gets a good turn out. Enjoyed last years match.

I get off the plane at 12.35 so scunnered at missing the game.

Advertising in the Evening Times could boost the attendance. I hope to attend on the assumption that the club will vote no to Newco in the first division this afternoon.

Anybody else think £10 for under 16's is a bit steep? I am not paying that for my 4 year old to get in so we will be going elsewhere that day. They should have made under 12s £5, wonder how many other parents will not turn up because of this?

I know it's for two games but it's difficult to get them to sit through one game never mind two!

Anybody else think £10 for under 16's is a bit steep? I am not paying that for my 4 year old to get in so we will be going elsewhere that day. They should have made under 12s £5, wonder how many other parents will not turn up because of this?

I know it's for two games but it's difficult to get them to sit through one game never mind two!

Given that otherwise it's U16s go free then probably not. If you go to more than one game this season then it evens out to be excellent value.

But I know what you mean. Just think what attendances might be like with a club 'child minding' facility...

Maybe for a change they've decided to offer the value for money to those of us who don't have kids with the reasonable adult prices and the breakfast deal. Parents already get the best value for money throughout the season at Firhill without it extending to friendlies or the cups.

Even then they're offering it for £7.50 a day for concessions if you get a weekend pass so it's not exactly an extortionate price.

The tic have been advertising the tournament on twitter. Gutted I can't be there, as I'm getting married on the Friday. I think I'd get a swift boot in the swingers for suggesting a game on the Saturday.

At least you're getting married in the close season :thumbsup2: .Take it you'll make the Sunday game.

Congrats, btw. :thumbsup2:

Celtic's pre season last year was in Australia - not so easy to nip over to take in a game. This year their pre season game is in Amsterdam, a cheap weekend away. I still think their support will be decent just maybe not as much as last year!

Hopefully though Everton fans who go to Motherwell on the Saturday come down on the Sunday to Firhill.

Will be interesting to see how they segregate the support though!

Think tickets are really fairly priced and am glad adult tickets are not higher to make it up for cheaper kids tickets!

Roll on Saturday only 4 sleeps! :)

I'm going to be up in Glasgow for this and have managed to rope in a number of Celtic supporting friends to join me.

I've told them that with the the nature of the event they would be welcome in the Jackie Husband and be able to openly support Celtic (within limits of course!). Does anyone know if this is going to be the case or will all Celtic fans be moved to North/Main Stands and Airdrie fans moved to the North End of JH?

I took a mate who was a Celtic fan to the game last season with no probs. He wasn't wearing colours mind.

Seemed a good atmosphere with lots of younger fans I'm both supports, despite having to pay a fiver.

No sectarian pish and the green brigade were quite entertaining.

Perhaps a clear unequivocal statement from our board on the Newco issue wold have seen the Celtic fans push for a big attendance on the Sunday via social media, similar to the way they're encouraging their fans to buy a stake in Clyde or the Aberdeen fans are sponsoring players/boots/macots at clubs that took a firm stance.

Perhaps a clear unequivocal statement from our board on the Newco issue wold have seen the Celtic fans push for a big attendance on the Sunday via social media, similar to the way they're encouraging their fans to buy a stake in Clyde or the Aberdeen fans are sponsoring players/boots/macots at clubs that took a firm stance.

This.

This issue is not going to go away, until the club makes it clear which way they voted.

I have just emailed the club and chairman again (as i have done so every day since the "carried to the meeting" statement, and will continue to do so until they answer my questions), and today, prefixed this with the point that they cannot allow this uncertainty to continue (including asking why they haven't had the DR story retracted if its untrue), and the longer they do so, the longer the club is hurting itself.