Anybody Worried Yet?

Jaggernaut

• Members

SOD has said in the past he doesn't like playing the position he was asked to play when he came on on Saturday. I think the memory of the game he played there last season when we destroyed Morton made up Jackie's mind to give it another try. It's difficult enough coming on as a sub and trying to get into the pace of the game without coming on in a position you're not entirely comfortable playing.

Stephen just didn't look comfortable with his back to goal on Saturday. I thought he looked fit enough though. It may have been a better to take off Conrad and shift Aaron M into the centre to deal with the aeriel bombardment and let SOD take up his natural position.

I think we'll be back to the team we had at the start of the season this weekend, only exception I can see would be Smith keeping his position, purely because of the surface and Banniganretaining his midfield spot ahead of Murray.

If anybody had said we would be top of the league going into the last game of 2012,i am sure we would have all taken that.The Morton game was dissapointing because it is a game we should have won.I feel this is where jackie and Sid prove they are as good as we all hope they are.They and the team have been getting praise but now is the time to show what we are made of.Lets get a victory against Airdrie and Hamilton and hopefully take it from there and we also still have 2 games to play against Morton this season,lets hope we can get revenge by taking 6pts from them on the way to us winning the league.

• Like 1

Who was strangely poor when he came on yesterday. Looked like someone playing with flu! Hopefully he will be back to normal for Saturday. We've missed his forward ability as well as the problems associated with playing our centre half at right back.

Certainly looked out of sorts but I don't think he ever explodes out the traps.

To be quite honest, even if we don't go up I'll still be a fan; so for me it's win - win all the way. But this season I've witnessed the best football I've seen at Firhill in years plus look at our league placing; I mean, how many seasons in the past have we been stuck mid table or lower and thinking that things will improve in the New Year. My only concern is the missing thousands - fans not £££s but I guess fans equate to £££s.

Talking about the drop in our hardcore support with to mates on Wednesday and would it be unreasonable to suggest that we've lost the best part of two thousand supporters over the past decade? (Even our wee band has dwindled over the years. The Sons of Oliver Reed used to number quite a few but have seen their numbers fall - folk moving away, deaths, giving up on life and the Jags etc. Indeed, we've only got one new'ish member who's anywhere near taking the initiation test - we don't do first degrees in the S of OR; plus this guy's taste in music is so bad he'd have to be black balled! Sorry GB: you can beat me with the truth, but don't torture me with cottage rock...)

My thoughts are that we have lost a lot of the older hardcore support with no youngsters coming through in numbers to take their place. Anyone else?

Edited by Meister Jag
  • Like 1

My only concern is the missing thousands - fans not £££s but I guess fans equate to £££s.

I think that's the same across the board. Even the infirm are struggling to sell their tickets to their 'loyal' band of followers. (Can you say that word when talking about Septic fans or just when referring to Sevco Rovers?)

Anyway, admission prices rising, current financial climate & product on the park in recent years the big thing with us I think.

I think just now tho, there's a 'build it & they will come' mentality. I think I'm right in saying the average crowd has gone up this season & filling the JHS against Dungfermline & Greenock Moron shows we're on the right track.

No club, including the infirm, will get back to crowd levels of the past but if we keep producing the football we have been playing then I'm sure word of mouth will get out & a few more will return.

As a quick aside, I brought a relative up on Boxing Day, a Sevco fan living down South. He was very impressed with the way we played &, like most couldn't believe we weren't 4 up at least! Anyway, yesterday he 'phoned to discuss the game & taketotasksome of the things that had been, or hadn't been written about the performance (team & ref) in yesterday's papers.

Hoping he's caught the bug! :)

i would never replace bannigan with Forbes, yes he is great at dead balls but fails to make any real tackles (even is sending off was rubbish) where Banzo give that bit extra all over the pitch

Not arguing either way whether Bannigan or Forbes should be first pick if/when it gets down to that. Stuart has picked up a fair amount of bookings mostly for mistimed or impetuous tackling where Forbes prior to Saturday hadn't been cautioned. So I wouldn't necessarily think that aspect of their game.would be decisive in selecting who starts. Bannigan giving that bit extra and Forbes being great with dead balls are spot on. Just makes the decision who plays all the more difficult.

Not arguing either way whether Bannigan or Forbes should be first pick if/when it gets down to that. Stuart has picked up a fair amount of bookings mostly for mistimed or impetuous tackling where Forbes prior to Saturday hadn't been cautioned. So I wouldn't necessarily think that aspect of their game.would be decisive in selecting who starts. Bannigan giving that bit extra and Forbes being great with dead balls are spot on. Just makes the decision who plays all the more difficult.

you have to put in a tackle for that to happen :innocent2:

All this Forbes cannae tackle banter made me think about Le Chic. He couldn't tackle a fish supper until he hadva few pints after the game, iirc.

Forbes is in the team more for his attacking attributes. Also being a lefty I feel he is caught out in terms of tackling in the middle of the park. Was a bit over zealous with his challenge when moved out wide. Probably pent up aggression.

We will miss his touch and delivery today as the previous match against Airdrie United was when he started to show his quality as his fitness had improved. Should still have enough to beat them by a few goals mind. Their fans seem totally resigned to bottom or at best second bottom place come May.

All this Forbes cannae tackle banter made me think about Le Chic. He couldn't tackle a fish supper until he hadva few pints after the game, iirc.

Forbes is in the team more for his attacking attributes. Also being a lefty I feel he is caught out in terms of tackling in the middle of the park. Was a bit over zealous with his challenge when moved out wide. Probably pent up aggression.

We will miss his touch and delivery today as the previous match against Airdrie United was when he started to show his quality as his fitness had improved. Should still have enough to beat them by a few goals mind. Their fans seem totally resigned to bottom or at best second bottom place come May.

never said he cant tackle, just that he wont, he pulls out of them all the time, cant fault him for his deadball and passing though. in a game like morton i would have taken him off instead of erskine.

Edited by jaggybunnet

Certainly looked out of sorts but I don't think he ever explodes out the traps.

To be quite honest, even if we don't go up I'll still be a fan; so for me it's win - win all the way. But this season I've witnessed the best football I've seen at Firhill in years plus look at our league placing; I mean, how many seasons in the past have we been stuck mid table or lower and thinking that things will improve in the New Year. My only concern is the missing thousands - fans not £££s but I guess fans equate to £££s.

Talking about the drop in our hardcore support with to mates on Wednesday and would it be unreasonable to suggest that we've lost the best part of two thousand supporters over the past decade? (Even our wee band has dwindled over the years. The Sons of Oliver Reed used to number quite a few but have seen their numbers fall - folk moving away, deaths, giving up on life and the Jags etc. Indeed, we've only got one new'ish member who's anywhere near taking the initiation test - we don't do first degrees in the S of OR; plus this guy's taste in music is so bad he'd have to be black balled! Sorry GB: you can beat me with the truth, but don't torture me with cottage rock...)

My thoughts are that we have lost a lot of the older hardcore support with no youngsters coming through in numbers to take their place. Anyone else?

How very good of you!!! :shok:

very poor result..from a personal point of view..i have seen us 3 times in the flesh this season...2 of these games i thought we were pish (hamilton away 1-0 and cowden at home 2-1) the only game i saw us play well was the dungfy 5-1...my mates assure me that we are playing so well blah blah...but we will have to get our feet back on the ground pronto!

I think a few fans got carried away when we beat DUNF 5-1. By the same token some fans are naturally doom and gloom merchants :shok: . Let's be honest, we should probably have won the last two games, but hey fate and bad luck transpired against us....it will always be so.

In saying that we do need to improve our away form, harden up a bit and take our chances. The way I look at, it's going to be a stormer of a run in and maybe we need a tad more experience to handle that....

I remain cautiously optimistic :hypocrite:

• Like 2