Is Crappielow Spl Standard

kmak

Yes the bought the seats etc from the newest stand built at love street. All I think they would do is re concrete the the terracing and put in the seats, much like they have already done at the front of the stand. Don't know how big attendance that would give them, is it still 6000 seats required? I assume that the benches in our end will not be suitable lol.

As much as cappielow is dump the atmosphere was really good and sadly I think that would be lost in their stand when seats go in!

Yes.

It'll be a shame, from a Morton viewpoint, if they have to rip up the Cowshed. It seems to be a great facility to watch a game of football from.

It's a great mix of standing and seating.

But they could do with ripping down their main stand and starting again. Even the cheapest Lego effort would be an improvement on that disaster-in-waiting.

It's a great mix of standing and seating.

But they could do with ripping down their main stand and starting again. Even the cheapest Lego effort would be an improvement on that disaster-in-waiting.

They don't have the room to do anything to it, due to the train line behind.

yesterday was a great day out.. pity we did not get the end bit off the cowshed, that would have ramped up the atmosphere no end..!

the place is a grade A listed shitehole but that's probably what made it good. if I remember correctly the benches we were all standing on in the wde were from the old centenary stand at ibrox..!

I think they bought the roof from old Love St home end as well. Pity it wasnt in place yesterday as it could have helped create a great atmosphere from our end

Heard that as well; this mob do everything on the cheap but seem to pay okay wages. Big gamble and one wonders what happens when they don't get promoted. Is there decent scrap value in a tin roof?

They can't just knock down everything

I've heard it told that the away end toilet block is a Grade A listed building.

Think it might be the first urinal made of brick that I have ever seen - didn't remember that from the last time.

I genuinely would not have known where I was supposed to piss if the place didn't have so many people in it who had already worked it out, so to speak.

Think it might be the first urinal made of brick that I have ever seen - didn't remember that from the last time.

I genuinely would not have known where I was supposed to piss if the place didn't have so many people in it who had already worked it out, so to speak.

I don't think you are the only one who has been confused by the toilets at Crappielow, I went to a Morton - Clydebank game there about ten years ago (don't ask) and somebody had left a big steaming jobby in the aforementioned urinal.........

I was in hospitality on Saturday and both Alan Moore and Dougie Ray were taking questions after the game.

Someone did ask about the ground but the question was instantly dismissed by Moore before Rae had a chance to answer. I found this pretty strange to say the least.

The Morton folk I was with said that seats would be installed at the WDE as well as a roof. Apparently Rae told a fans meeting earlier in the season that the whole ground could be brought up to standard for a total of £160k.

Heard that as well; this mob do everything on the cheap but seem to pay okay wages. Big gamble and one wonders what happens when they don't get promoted.

In the unlikely event that they did, they would also have to invest heavily in a squad as most of their journeymen would be well over the hill for the SPL and I imagine that they will struggle to hold on to Tidser and Bachirou.

BTW, I think the new format SPL has ditched the no. of seats rule, leaving it instead to the clubs to plan according to their requirements. Only 20 years or so too late for us on that score.

I was in hospitality on Saturday and both Alan Moore and Dougie Ray were taking questions after the game.

Someone did ask about the ground but the question was instantly dismissed by Moore before Rae had a chance to answer. I found this pretty strange to say the least.

The Morton folk I was with said that seats would be installed at the WDE as well as a roof. Apparently Rae told a fans meeting earlier in the season that the whole ground could be brought up to standard for a total of £160k.

I suppose by Greenock standards that will be the height of luxury. What did the north stand cost us? £1.5m or something like that?