Team For Dunferlmline

Lenziejag

Is Paton suspended, or was that served in the abandoned game ? (I suspect he is suspended)

I don't see any need for wholesale changes. It may not be pretty, but we are on a decent unbeaten run,

---------------------------- Fox -----------------------

O'Donnell --- Muirhead --- Balatoni --- Sinclair

------------------------- Murray ----------------------

---------------- Welsh -------- Bannigan ----------

----- Lawless -------------------------- Erskine ---

------------------------ Craig ------------------------

Could argue for Forbes in for Welsh or Dools in for Craig, but lets not panic

No place for Bannigan in your team?

Toss up between him and Welsh. Both a bit below par at the moment. Feel we need to get forward where possible. Perhaps could be swapped with Lawless and then Stevie could come on as an impact sub.

Feel this is a crucial team selection for AA. It's a lot easier for us armchair coaches ;)

It will be interesting to see whether the Pars are motivated. The BBC is reporting that they only got 20% of the their wages in February.

"They received the partial payment of their monthly wages on Thursday and some young Pars players were paid an amount of £52. The squad were due to hold a meeting with the club's major shareholder and board member Gavin Masterton on Thursday. However, he did not attend and sent a representative in his place."

And Masterton says that they are debt free!!

Hamilton and Cowdenbeath have reported Dunfermline to the SFL for non-receipt of gate receipts.

Some staff have only received £52 as their monthly wage :o

What with the sackings at Livingston, it appears to be silly season in SFL1.

It's silly season in Scottish Football fullstop!

Hearts, Dundee, Pars, Livi, Dead club found guilty but cop-out on penalties...

I would play the following team with Muirhead as captain. It’s a worry having to play both Welsh and Bannigan together in the middle as both are short on form over the last few games. However with Paton and Murray out we have little choice.

Looks like we are keeping to our normal formation away from home, I believe this is an error. Not saying it would transform our away form but I think it would help us get some more points.

Really important we keep the pressure up on Morton by getting something from this game – with the problems Dunfermline are having perfect time for us to play them.

Still think Morton are strong favourites for the title, but their squad does have a few injury prone players in the side and this could derail their challenge. Important from a financial point of view as well to keep hopes of promotion going as long as possible. I am sure we will get some big home gates till the end of the season if we are going for the title.

........................Fox

O’Donnell..... Muirhead..... Balatoni …. Sinclair

Erskine......... Welsh..... Bannigan....... Forbes

……....……………..Lawless..........................

…………………......Craig........................

Subs

Daniels

Archibald

Craigen

Mcguigan

Doolan

Think we'll need to go with this team:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan

Welsh - Forbes - Lawless

Erskine - Craig

If we can start the game right and get an early goal this should be straightforward. Think it's rubbish the way the Dunfermline players are being treated but we need to look after No. 1. Just like our league position at the end of the season. 3 points. One step close to overhauling Morton. Mon the Jags.

Edited by simoncordiner

Murray and Paton are both suspended.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Sinclair

Welsh Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Craig

This, although I'd be equally happy to see Doolseye up top.

Fox

Muirhead

Balatoni

Archibald

Sinclair

O'Donnell

Welsh

Forbes

Lawless

Erskine

Doolan

You put this garbage on P&B as well, you talk about wanting to go forward where possible but then decide to play a CB at RB which was the main reason we were awful going forward away at Airdire in particular and in the other games when SOD was missing. :frantic:

You put this garbage on P&B as well, you talk about wanting to go forward where possible but then decide to play a CB at RB which was the main reason we were awful going forward away at Airdire in particular and in the other games when SOD was missing. :frantic:

But we played 442 with Muirhead at right back and SOD on the right side of midfield against Dunfermline in arguably our best peformance of the season: the 5-1 game against Dunfermline. SOD was sensational in that role that day. Let's go 442 again- possibly with Archie back in to offset the missing experienced players.

• Like 1

Forbes coming in for Murray is the only change I'd make to Tuesday's team.

Having said that, I would hope Archie has given the centre halves (and Fox) a rocket for being far too casual against Cowdenbeath. A repeat of that and we will be punished (wages paid or not)

Think we'll need to go with this team:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan

Welsh - Forbes - Lawless

Erskine - Craig

If we can start the game right and get an early goal this should be straightforward. Think it's rubbish the way the Dunfermline players are being treated but we need to look after No. 1. Just like our league position at the end of the season. 3 points. One step close to overhauling Morton. Mon the Jags.

I like this line-up.

But we played 442 with Muirhead at right back and SOD on the right side of midfield against Dunfermline in arguably our best peformance of the season: the 5-1 game against Dunfermline. SOD was sensational in that role that day. Let's go 442 again- possibly with Archie back in to offset the missing experienced players.

I don't think replicating a home line up when playing away has done us much good this season. Also I'd imagine Archie will be losing, or lost already, match fitness. We probably could've gone on the attack had we the services of an anchor in midfield that is Paul Paton or possibly Murray. Even with Bannigan filling in I feel we've got to go more careful and that should entail playing defenders in their best positions.. That in turn could see Forbes or Lawless being benched.

Caught Jim Jeffries on Scottish news tonight

Referring to the players going on strike he said that the players felt that playing against us they would risk injury and therefore unable to move to another club if things carry on the way they have been going

Reading between the lines and watching Jeffries body language there seems to be a lot more to come

It might be about time for us to make tomorrow a home game for the Jags. Their support is pretty disgruntled, so if we can get a good noise going its going to cover up the shuffling of feet and rustling of sweetie wrappers from the Pars' fans, its gonna sound pretty good to the players. Let's pump them in heir own midden - I've had enough sh* t times at EEP to take immense enjoyment in their discomfort both on and off the pitch.....and will be expressing it at volume tomorrow.

Partick Thistle

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Sinclair, Ross Forbes, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Sean

Welsh, Stuart Bannigan, Steven Craig, Steve Lawless, Chris Erskine.

Subs: Glen Daniels, Mark McGuigan, Kris Doolan, James Craigen, Alan Archibald.

Dunfermline Athletic

Paul Gallacher, Andy Geggan, Jordan McMillan, Andy Dowie, Callum Morris, Chris Kane, Joe Cardle, Ryan Thomson, Andrew Barrowman, Craig Dargo, Ryan Wallace.

Subs:
Andy Kirk, Stephen Husband, John Potter, Ross Millen, Michal Hrivnak.

Edit - Barrowman injured in warm-up.
Edited by kni