Thistle - Livi

The Cup

Can't see the game being postponed myself (though you never know). My worry is if we get blizzard conditions tomorrow, could make the game a lottery. I fancy our chances against any team on a good surface but I remember how we struggled first half against Hamilton in terrible conditions.

I assume that Almondvale has undersoil heating and that it works properly. If not, it should not have been chosen for our cup final. Then there is the issue of whether Livingston can afford to switch it on. The SFL does not require them to.

Regardless of whether Almondvale has USH, I hope they switch it on at Firhill this weekend!

• Like 2

• Members

I assume that Almondvale has undersoil heating and that it works properly. If not, it should not have been chosen for our cup final.

It has. Remember a couple of seasons back they said they weren't turning it on for a game during a cold snap because it wasn't financially viable.

It has. Remember a couple of seasons back they said they weren't turning it on for a game during a cold snap because it wasn't financially viable.

I thought so. Let's hope it still works as the forecast is for more cold weather.

Team for today, picks itself mostly.

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Paton - Welsh

Forbes

Lawless - Erskine

Craig

Better hope we don't get any injuries to O'Donnell, Sinclair, or Paton, as, although Welsh has played right back before, there's very few options for replacement. I'd be tempted to play Craigen instead of Forbes, but Livingston play quite open in the midfield and Forbes played well against them earlier in the season. Elliott to definitely get some game time in the second half.

Strong team. Another close run thing but another home victory for the Jags.

Edited by simoncordiner

Given the good form shown in his last 2 brief appearances I'd like to see Elliott on from the start and see what difference he can make to our striking power, an early goal is needed here methinks just to settle us down since we tend to be very nervous starters !!

Neither Erskine or Lawless deserve dropped, and he's no good through the middle, so where do you put him?

Team for today, picks itself mostly.

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Paton - Welsh

Forbes

Lawless - Erskine

Craig

Better hope we don't get any injuries to O'Donnell, Sinclair, or Paton, as, although Welsh has played right back before, there's very few options for replacement. I'd be tempted to play Craigen instead of Forbes, but Livingston play quite open in the midfield and Forbes played well against them earlier in the season. Elliott to definitely get some game time in the second half.

Strong team. Another close run thing but another home victory for the Jags.

That will defo be the team, Is Paton back from Injury? If not i would expect Murray to come in to break things up!

Given the good form shown in his last 2 brief appearances I'd like to see Elliott on from the start and see what difference he can make to our striking power, an early goal is needed here methinks just to settle us down since we tend to be very nervous starters !!

Not sure if we're that nervous at the beginnings of games but we tend to lack penetration early on so probably the same effect. Elliott played a cracking game at Almondvale when Craig got injured early on but that was playing the Craig role. Think his pace when he comes on in the 2nd half causes a bit of panic even up against nippy enough defenders and that's how he'll be deployed.

Always a difficult shout when someone deserves to start but Christie will most likely have to bite the bullet and settle for being an impact player just now. With midweek games coming up I doubt Archie will want to tire out Erskine or Lawless so I'd expect Elliott to be an early/first sub today.

Mark McGuigan must be really wondering why Thistle recalled him from The Wee Vers where he was playing regularly and banging in the goals , to sitting in the stand getting no game time whatsoever.Seems to me they should have left him at Rovers and that would have benefitted everyone.By all accounts the rovers fans loved him as well . He`s had no game time here worth talking about for anyone to pass judgement on the big man. Maybe we`re saving him for the SPL ?

That will defo be the team, Is Paton back from Injury? If not i would expect Murray to come in to break things up!

The Preview suggests that Paton is doubtful. Murray is injured so Archie could risk Paton. Another option is for Archie to play and have Muirhead in midfield.

Why change a defence that's not lost a goal in 5 games?

Only as a last resort. With Bannigan suspended and Murray injured, there are only a couple of options if Paton cannot start. The first is for Forbes to drop deeper with Craigen coming in.