Cowdenbeath, game on/off updates

Albert's Ghost

Rain in Edinburgh is turning to snow now. BBC forecast for Cowden is grim - freezing from now on, and heavy snow most of the time.

So when will be the next attempt? Both clubs are free next week, but that's fairly short notice AND it means we play there twice in succession. It's either that or April 23, as we are a bit busy from now on.

Rain in Edinburgh is turning to snow now. BBC forecast for Cowden is grim - freezing from now on, and heavy snow most of the time.

So when will be the next attempt? Both clubs are free next week, but that's fairly short notice AND it means we play there twice in succession. It's either that or April 23, as we are a bit busy from now on.

Got to try for next week. As you say it will be a while if we don't.

I quite like keeping the games in hand. Wouldn't mind at all if it stayed the way it is until the last week of the season when we surge past Morton who had led until then.

I don't know how feasible this is but I'd quite like to see it played after the Dumbarton game, effectively making it the last game of the season. Assuming we are still in the title race at that point we will go into the game knowing exactly what we have to do. Plus, Central Park has a larger capacity than Dumbarton's ground (I forget what it is called this week) so there will be no need faff about with tickets beforehand.

The only downside to this scenario is that should the result go our way it will take longer to get back to the west end for a celebratory drinkypoos afterwards. But then, that's why God created off licences.

• Like 1

I quite like keeping the games in hand. Wouldn't mind at all if it stayed the way it is until the last week of the season when we surge past Morton who had led until then.

I think it might be better to leave it until later in April as well. Maybe there would be a better chance of the pitch being in decent condition (I thought we struggled on the heavy pitch on Saturday) and it's possible Cowdenbeath could have nothing to play for by then.

I think it might be better to leave it until later in April as well. Maybe there would be a better chance of the pitch being in decent condition (I thought we struggled on the heavy pitch on Saturday) and it's possible Cowdenbeath could have nothing to play for by then.

I think it might be better to leave it until later in April as well. Maybe there would be a better chance of the pitch being in decent condition (I thought we struggled on the heavy pitch on Saturday) and it's possible we could have nothing to play for by then (having sewn up the league title by then).

When this gets called off we should throw a huff like Ross County did when they couldn't complete a fixture with QOTS and get it moved to a neutral venue.

It'll be moved to next Tuesday, so we'll have a Cowdenbeath away double header. Yay.