Cowdenbeath, game on/off updates

Albert's Ghost

With snow forecast all week and low temperatures expected it's almost nailed on that both games will be postponed.

This is well past a joke now. The club should be putting pressure on the SFL and Cowdenbeath to move these games to a venue that will guarantee that the game gets played whether that be Recreation Park, EEP or elsewhere.

The games cannot continue to be posponed and re-arranged indefinitely.

With snow forecast all week and low temperatures expected it's almost nailed on that both games will be postponed.

This is well past a joke now. The club should be putting pressure on the SFL and Cowdenbeath to move these games to a venue that will guarantee that the game gets played whether that be Recreation Park, EEP or elsewhere.

As I've said elsewhere if they do go thru with the daft 8-8-8 idea we could be waiting weeks for the pre split games to be completed. I can only imagine that games would have to be switched, in most cases to a ground that's either got a synthetic pitch or undersoil heating.

In this instance it would probably have to be a plastic pitch (Alloa or Stenny?). Cowden simply couldn't afford to pay for USH at E End Pk or wherever. Even at that it would cost a bob or two as these clubs utilise their pitches at night. Ideally the SFL should've funds available to compensate the neutral club but they won't and in any case they wouldn't have the gumption.

In this instance moving the game to Stenhousemuir might be the best option as I guess given our league position, the attendance would be higher than at Central Pk. Many more Jags fans would make the journey even tho' I'd imagine cost of entry would have to return to norm.

There's certainly no way that Cowden want a fixture pile up either.

As I've said elsewhere if they do go thru with the daft 8-8-8 idea we could be waiting weeks for the pre split games to be completed. I can only imagine that games would have to be switched, in most cases to a ground that's either got a synthetic pitch or undersoil heating.

In this instance it would probably have to be a plastic pitch (Alloa or Stenny?). Cowden simply couldn't afford to pay for USH at E End Pk or wherever. Even at that it would cost a bob or two as these clubs utilise their pitches at night. Ideally the SFL should've funds available to compensate the neutral club but they won't and in any case they wouldn't have the gumption.

In this instance moving the game to Stenhousemuir might be the best option as I guess given our league position, the attendance would be higher than at Central Pk. Many more Jags fans would make the journey even tho' I'd imagine cost of entry would have to return to norm.

There's certainly no way that Cowden want a fixture pile up either.

I hope the club are starting to put pressure on. The game on Wednesday could easily have been rearranged to be played at Alloa or Stenhousemuir as you suggested with a little foresight and a check of the long range forecasts.

Saturday's game is an exception as it's the original date for the fixture so we probably don't have grounds to seek a relocation despite the problems we seem to be having in playing a game in Cowdenbeath.

One or two postponements is understandable, not ideal, but understandable. If Wednesday's game is off, will this be the 4th postponement plus the abandonment? Joke.

If it's off, it doesn't really matter. What matters is the next game, wherever that is!

If both are off this week, we need to focus 100% on the Raith game, then the final, then the Morton game. If we can beat Raith & Morton, regardless of the Cowdenbeath games being on, we'll be top of the league by at least 1 point & STILL have 2 games in hand.

Basically, don't panic!

^ Joke? The snow and low temperatures are unusual for this time year. IIRC it was very mild in March last year.

Yeah it's a joke that a fixture that has been postponed as many times as this hasn't been moved to a ground that can guarantee that it will be played. There have already been examples provided of clubs moving fixtures to other grounds to ensure the game goes ahead.

They could have played the Cowden game at a different venue this midweek and gotten it out of the way.

What has the weather last year got to do with anything :lol:

Edited by redandyellowallover

Don't think a change to a neutral venue, which is clearly of benefit to the team that should be playing away from home, would go down very well with the Cowdenbeath or Morton support! No chance you can do that with a team that is challenging for a title... even though Thistle fans did manage to get the 2-1 down game abandoned. Would your fans have been singing 'Where's the ball?' if you'd just gone 2-1 up?? Sporting eh? Hmm...

You'll just have to wait for the thaw to arrive!

Edited by greenton

The game needs to be played, I'll be pleasantly surprised if both our games v Cowden take place this week. It's pretty unreasonable to expect a team going for the title to possibly have to play; Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday. Which is a real possibility should anymore matches be called off. Don't expect any 'favours' from the SFL though and winning the title (hopefully) will be all the sweeter considering the amount of games we'll need to fit in.

Don't think a change to a neutral venue, which is clearly of benefit to the team that should be playing away from home, would go down very well with the Cowdenbeath or Morton support! No chance you can do that with a team that is challenging for a title... even though Thistle fans did manage to get the 2-1 down game abandoned. Would your fans have been singing 'Where's the ball?' if you'd just gone 2-1 up?? Sporting eh? Hmm...

I agree there's no way it should be moved, but we had nothing to do with the abandonded game. It was a joke and no way you could see the other side of the pitch. The lino gave an offside just before it finished & he had no idea who was where. It was weird because you could see both goals. It must have been something to do with the floodlights but should have called off long before it was

Quite frankly I could't give a toss about how Greenock fans would feel about the match being moved to a neutral venue. In fact if I were them I would keep my mouth shut as they've already been handed a massive advantage due to the numerous call offs already.

Moving the game to ensure it is played is actually a benefit to Cowdenbeath too, as a fixture pile up for them with a small squad in a relegation battle is something they would be keen to avoid.

... and wait we will. What's your problem? Have you never experienced a game in the fog? Maybe, like most of your mates, you don't travel so have never experienced trying to watch a game when you can't see what's going on. In earlier threads, I actually said that we got out of jail that night; but... and to qualify that statement, the game wasn't over and who's to say that had it went the full 90-mins that we couldn't have turned it around to say 4-2. I mean, stranger things have happened. Stikes me that you're getting a bit ratty my trolling friend.

There you go, all sorted and take a chill pill before school.