Cowdenbeath, game on/off updates

Albert's Ghost

I, too, would be tempted to throw Forbes in from the start tonight. It would be Craigen missing out which could be seen as a little unjust. Tough call. Rest of the team is pretty straight-forward, Doolan in for Craig and have Bannigan on the bench as he played on Monday night. Forbes or Craigen is the big one for me...

I would go with the following if the game goes ahead.

........................Fox

O'Donnell...Muirhead…..Balatoni….Sinclair

........ Welsh........ Paton.......Forbes

…….Erskine....... Doolan........Lawless

Subs

Daniels

Bannigan

Craigen

Elliot

Mcguigan

Edited by Alan Murray

Can you blame them?

Absolutely not, I was just putting myself in their position.......

I, too, would be tempted to throw Forbes in from the start tonight. It would be Craigen missing out which could be seen as a little unjust. Tough call. Rest of the team is pretty straight-forward, Doolan in for Craig and have Bannigan on the bench as he played on Monday night. Forbes or Craigen is the big one for me...

I would go for Craigen over Forbes on a heavy pitch

I'd be tempted to start Craigen for his tireless running alone. He could later make way for Forbes or Bannigan if needs be, Pity about Craig as this is the sort of game/venue that favours him over Doolan.

edited to add, I hope that just sleet just now.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Can't view the live stream so don't actually know what kind of view you get of the pitch, but if you get a decent view and it's actually live and not delayed by 5-10 mins then I assume they turn it off when Cowden are playing??

You can only see a little over a half of the pitch, neither goals. They're still sweeping 'n' shovelling right now, but I think they must be bonkers to want to keep this game on.

The pitch doesn't look playable, let alone safe IMO. All credit to the lads who are attempting to clear the pitch, but it seems a thankless and virtually impossible task given the weather forecast. What's more playing on that pitch could possibly knacker it for the weekend. All in all they should get a referee in and cancel the game if he's in agreement. I'm particularly mindful of the cost and inconvenience of traveling through to Fife, especially if the games called off at the last minute.

Half the pitch looks ok, other half still has snow on it. If it freezes tonight, it wont be pretty.

Well, it's sure as hell not going to get any warmer in the next four hours. I won't believe this game is actually going ahead until the final whistle blows. And only then if Thistle are winning ...

• Like 1

The pitch doesn't look playable, let alone safe IMO. All credit to the lads who are attempting to clear the pitch, but it seems a thankless and virtually impossible task given the weather forecast. What's more playing on that pitch could possibly knacker it for the weekend. All in all they should get a referee in and cancel the game if he's in agreement. I'm particularly mindful of the cost and inconvenience of traveling through to Fife, especially if the games called off at the last minute.

In fairness, you're viewing it from a pretty grainy webcam. There will be an SFA referee there who would have carried out the pitch inspection and if he's satisfied that the pitch is playable then I don't think either club is going to try and persuade him otherwise.

The only potentially iffy thing is that it's likely to be a local ref that's done the inspection and that the actual match referee could have a different view when he turns up say 2 hours before kick off.