Aaron (Redcard) Muirhead

Willjag

What makes the whole thing even worse is that he is a Dumfries lad himself and knows a lot of the players personally. Must have been hard for him to take all that goading and I don't know how anyone is supposed to keep calm in those circumstances.

I ******* despise Queen of the South and Alan Johnstone, possibly worse than the OF.

They are a vile, vile team. If they would have won the game fairly then so be it but the actions of the players and Chris Higgins in particular were a disgrace. To do that to fellow professionals is one of the worse things I have even seen in football.

I would laugh gleefully if they even went out of business.

The thing I am gutted about was not winning on penalties to get it round the ******* pieces of shit.

No apology from Muirhead or the club shows a lack of class and probably means he will be dealt with more severely. 8 matches is about right for the thug.

Higgins made it look worse than it was, i've seen comparisons to Zidane, pfft.

If it happened in the street Higgins would have been laughed at for lying motionless on the floor like that, he went done because he knew of the advantage. Why should he get away with unsportsmanlike conduct?

No apology from Muirhead or the club shows a lack of class and probably means he will be dealt with more severely. 8 matches is about right for the thug.

yes he has, there was a interview in the sun where he says he has apologised to the player and to his own team and he apologised again in the interview

Can't stand players like that Higgins cretin. Another thing that annoyed the hell out of me was 2 of their players telling that defender to go down that was being substituted (while 1 up). This was right in front of that useless assistant that just played dumb. Blatant cheating from 3 QoS players there I'm afraid and went further than the 'all part of the game' stuff. Really got my goat that, I'm glad we don't resort to that crap.

• Members

Can't stand players like that Higgins cretin. Another thing that annoyed the hell out of me was 2 of their players telling that defender to go down that was being substituted (while 1 up). This was right in front of that useless assistant that just played dumb. Blatant cheating from 3 QoS players there I'm afraid and went further than the 'all part of the game' stuff. Really got my goat that, I'm glad we don't resort to that crap.

Yeah meant to post about that actually. The Keeper must have held onto the ball for what seemed like around 20 seconds before launching it up the park. The ref should have penalised him for time wasting with an indirect free kick to Thistle. Another boob by the match official.

And how do you know there was no apology?

Yes he's a 'thug' who reacted badly to ridiculous provocation from 3 of your 'gentlemen' all of whom should have been yellow carded. He will be punished but your boys got away with plenty on Sunday, especially the twat in goals not to mention 'challenges' on Erskine & Sinclair

He has apologised to the player & Archibald has already stated the punishment will remain in-house. That shows class & respect unlike some others we could mention.

I do hope the club contest the charge against Muirhead as there were mitigating circumstances but:

As already stated if it hadnt been on TV then the 2 match ban would've been the end of it.

& as someone else mentioned about Lennon & bans running concurrently...

If video evidence is going to be used to punish/further punishment then it should be consistent in terms of using clubs on TV footage.

Does anyone else remember a situation, granted previous to compliance officers, when we tried to use PTTV to overturn a red card but we weren't allowed?

But, this season alone we had the Falkirk player's challenge on Bannigan going unpunished despite both photographic & video evidence being available. Why?

I hope that video evidence will be taken into account to examine the challenge first up on Erskine, Higgins' reaction & also the fact that Crawford Allan didn't do his job properly in the shoot out.

If you're going to use video evidence...

• Like 1

I do remember. Also remember a couple of seasons ago that pttv couldn't even broadcast contentious decisions. Hence no possible red cards or almost goals could be shown on highlights. Terrible example of scottish football trying to sweep problems under the carpet and then doing some publicity driven punishment, unfortunately for Aaron.

He has apologised to the player & Archibald has already stated the punishment will remain in-house. That shows class & respect unlike some others we could mention.

I do hope the club contest the charge against Muirhead as there were mitigating circumstances but:

As already stated if it hadnt been on TV then the 2 match ban would've been the end of it.

If video evidence is going to be used to punish/further punishment then it should be consistent in terms of using clubs on TV footage.

Does anyone else remember a situation, granted previous to compliance officers, when we tried to use PTTV to overturn a red card but we weren't allowed?

But, this season alone we had the Falkirk player's challenge on Bannigan going unpunished despite both photographic & video evidence being available. Why?

I hope that video evidence will be taken into account to examine the challenge first up on Erskine, Higgins' reaction & also the fact that Crawford Allan didn't do his job properly in the shoot out.

If you're going to use video evidence...

Bang on post.

Too many double standards.

Higgins is a shameless twat. Fact!

I don't see Muirhead avoiding the additional ban, tho' I suppose the SFA could give him a suspended ban (that could actually work out worse if it turns out we win tomorrow night and pick up max points while he's banned for these three games).

The only/best chance he's got would be for Higgins to help out either under his own volition or at the request of his club. Can't really see that happening.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I don't see Muirhead avoiding the additional ban, tho' I suppose the SFA could give him a suspended ban (that could actually work out worse if it turns out we win tomorrow night and pick up max points while he's banned for these three games).

The only/best chance he's got would be for Higgins to help out either under his own volition or at the request of his club. Can't really see that happening.

Spot on. And I would love to be proved wrong about Higgins but, like you say . . .

There is no way we can contest the punishment, we all know Muirhead quite clearly headbutted the guy. Unless of course they opt for a ridiculous 16 game ban.

That was me, it was a joke. Though it was supposed to highlight how stupid the idea of concurrent bans are.

Yes, I remember it happened but I don't remember the circumstances.

I agree with most things on Aero here.. he must take the ban on the chin and as its 3rd red card we might be looking a 3-5 games I reckon.

One thing that annoys a bit is treatment Hugh Murray got on here after his red cards... he was goaded also and banged to the ground and getting all sorts of abuse about his wife etc etc.. at the time I remember thinking the reaction to his sendings off were OTT... here we have good young player.. fans fav and all there is support.. not that fair on Murray when I think back.

PS not saying there is a right or wrong here by the way.. before the snipers and grammar forum cops are out!!

• Like 2

Lets just face the facts , The SPL, SFL and SFA are the real joke in Scottish football, not condoning Aarons actions, but due to the inflexibility of the muppets running our game he will have the book thrown at him with absolutely no consideration of the provocation taken into account so , its end of the season for the young man , and I'm sure he will learn from the experience and come back next year a wiser player for it .

Lets just face the facts , The SPL, SFL and SFA are the real joke in Scottish football, not condoning Aarons actions, but due to the inflexibility of the muppets running our game he will have the book thrown at him with absolutely no consideration of the provocation taken into account so , its end of the season for the young man , and I'm sure he will learn from the experience and come back next year a wiser player for it .

OK, I know what you mean but I'm not sure the word "inflexibility" adequately describes organisations that routinely make up rules as they go along. Only today a club was handed a points deduction the actual amount of which was down to the whim of the SFL.

I defy anyone to be in a situation like that and not react.....it's been a tense game...a lot at stake....we get a penalty in the last minute...crowd all goin bananas....it's no fkn Muirhead's fault it was a penalty so why the **** did those guys goad him.....I mean he misses the pen...feels gutted.....and they are right in his fkn face snarling abuse...I mean right up at his face........what would anyone have done......oh....just walk away...turn the other cheek? Fk that!

Ppeople say....'whilst I cant defend him'....well...I am defending him...he's only human.....even Jesus H would have nutted the ******.

QOS were a good team on the day....didnae have to resort to gamesmanship.

Good day sir !!! I said....good day!!

• Like 3

Aero has nothing to apologise for. Some of our red cards this season have been stupid (Murray and Welsh for instance) but given the provocation from that scumbag Higgins (a man lest we forget that should have been issed with a yellow card on 3 seperate occasions), my only regret is that he didn't smash him harder.

Muirhead has been a hero all season and is even more of one now in my eyes.

• Like 1