Brilliant , Brilliant , Brilliant !

Harry Wragg

A really pleasing performance tonight. Not the best this season by any manner of means (it arguably wasn't even the best against Morton) but to bounce back from a disappointment like Sunday and go out and win a vital game takes real courage. The players and the management team should be genuinely proud of themselves for that.

Conrad had an excellent game. I was genuinely aprehensive about tonight following Sunday's result, coupled with Muirhead's suspension, but he was a rock. Young O'Donnell was back to his old self as well after a dodgy game on Saturday. And to think, I was suggesting dropping him! Just goes to show why I am just a fan and not a football team picking guy (or whatever the technical term is).

Oh, and Archie got his tactics and substitutions spot on tonight. Once we took the lead Morton struggled badly to break us down, and with a better decision making we could have added one or two more goals on the break. Excellent stuff.

No slip-ups please Jags, we are firmly in the driving seat now! :D

Edited by Guy Incognito

Fantastic night and despite losing on Sunday its still been a magic week.Have never experienced euphoria as I did when doolans goal went in and the atmosphere tonight was electric. We never looked like losing with balatoni immense. Well done lads we are on our way!!!!

Absolute heaven. Drove through from Livi with the missus and kids straight from work. Made the point on the way through that my only regret should we not go up this season would be missing out on the North Stand experience having taken the kids to all the games. Driving down Garscube Rd you usually get an idea of the crowd from the no of parked cars. It was fecking mobbed and it was only 7pm ffs! Parked up, over to ground and huge queues of Morton fans for the excellent main stand! Quick drink in the Aitken Suite and came out in fairness to the Morton fans singing in the queues.

Into the JH and couldn't find a seats for us wtf! Looks at the Northy then realises the inevitable had to happen muhahaaahaaaa and suddenly me the missus and kids are heading to the Northy ya fecking beeeeaatttyyyy!!!! Kids loved it and sang their heads off :)

SInging on the wayout, singing 'comin down the road' on the way down the road. Oh man, that was incredible. So proud to be a Jags fan.

Can't thank Archie, Shaggy and the team enough for this season. That was fecking emotional.

• Like 10

Congrats to your team. Morton created next to nothing, which was down to some solid defending... and completely inept performances from Hardie and Tidser in the Morton midfield. We needed Tidser to control the game tonight, but he has really gone off the boil in recent weeks... and he had a shocker.

Morton fans a bit bemused by the decision to start the young left back O'Ware... who ultimately lost us the game with a schoolboy error - passing aimlessly crossfield straight to a Thistle player. Hooked at half-time.. manager stuffed up there.

Officials were awful at times. Hardie's challenge on Sinclair(?) early on was a definite booking.. it happened right in front of me, he took the man out with no intention of playing the ball. The linesman in front of the Morton support was laughably bad... got so many decisions wrong, mostly going against Morton in the first half, but he did even it up a bit in the second half by giving a shy to Morton after McDonald had clearly headed the ball out of play.

Don't think either team played well.. very little good football on display, just lots of effort and physical stuff.. Scottish football at it's 'best'.

Great turnout from both sets of fans.. although the stewarding and organisation in general was a shambles. Having opposing fans queuing beside each other to get into a game is madness.

Expecting Morton to limp towards the end of the season losing a couple of games on the way. If reconstruction does get voted through for next season... we're very likely to meeting again around this time next year!

• Like 6

Congrats to your team. Morton created next to nothing, which was down to some solid defending... and completely inept performances from Hardie and Tidser in the Morton midfield. We needed Tidser to control the game tonight, but he has really gone off the boil in recent weeks... and he had a shocker.

Morton fans a bit bemused by the decision to start the young left back O'Ware... who ultimately lost us the game with a schoolboy error - passing aimlessly crossfield straight to a Thistle player. Hooked at half-time.. manager stuffed up there.

Officials were awful at times. Hardie's challenge on Sinclair(?) early on was a definite booking.. it happened right in front of me, he took the man out with no intention of playing the ball. The linesman in front of the Morton support was laughably bad... got so many decisions wrong, mostly going against Morton in the first half, but he did even it up a bit in the second half by giving a shy to Morton after McDonald had clearly headed the ball out of play.

Don't think either team played well.. very little good football on display, just lots of effort and physical stuff.. Scottish football at it's 'best'.

Great turnout from both sets of fans.. although the stewarding and organisation in general was a shambles. Having opposing fans queuing beside each other to get into a game is madness.

Expecting Morton to limp towards the end of the season losing a couple of games on the way. If reconstruction does get voted through for next season... we're very likely to meeting again around this time next year!

Nearly half 1 and I'm still high as a kite!

Edinburgh supporters bus rammed full.

Bit of a dodgy start when we got in and couldn't even get out of the concourse. Managed to have a right go at a policeman who was stopping folk from sitting in the cordoned off seats. Finally made it to the bottom of the JHS just when they realised that the only option open was to send us over to the North Stand. The look of excitement on my wee girl's face was superb.

Atmosphere was out of this world and when Craigen scored, the roof nearly came off! Second half, Ton were always going to come at us for the first 15 mins but I thought we defended well and snuffed out their threat. Couldn't beieve how quiet the Ton fans were given the importance of the game.

When the final whistle came, I just let rip with emotion. It's an amazing time to be a Jag. I'm so proud of the attitude of this team. Can only hope that the players want to continue to grow in stature with us next season if (as seems likely) we make it to the SPL.

Credit to Morton for keeping it interesting for the season. I still detest their ratboy of a manager though. Hope he's choking on his cornflakes in the morninig readinig the match reports in the papers.

• Like 1

It was backs to the wall for most of the game, but the guys did great. Dowie fitted in well, Bannigan is a fantastic player and Doolan was excellent tonight

and my MotM would be Balatoni. I forget who the Scots manager was that banged on about strength down the middle. I know many mentioned it but someone the likes of Stein or Shankly were always going on about it. Anyway point is that even if we played nervy at times and weren't that creative the spine of the team was faultless. OK, Fox had nothing to do but both our centre backs were excellent and Doolan upfront likewise. Bannigan and Welsh easily won the central midfield battle, no mean feat considering Bachirou is a real handful.

Special mention for Sean Welsh as I feel his contribution of late has been underrated. His main game isn't normally to play behind the ball so much but I feel he's adapted well in a role that we usually see Paton play. He's handled the pressure better than most, which can't be easy.

• Members

Special mention for Sean Welsh as I feel his contribution of late has been underrated. His main game isn't normally to play behind the ball so much but I feel he's adapted well in a role that we usually see Paton play. He's handled the pressure better than most, which can't be easy.

And still undefeated in any game he's started for over 12 months.
  • Like 1

That's not going to happen but if it did Morton would only have 3 games left to our 4 games. That would only be slightly more than a marginal advantage to them.

Our team were out on their feet but still kept fighting,that is the sort of display that wins leagues and every one a hero especially big Conrad absolutely magnificent

respect to you and your club for this season. If ever there was a reason for an extended SPL say 14 or in particular 16 team league surely Thistle and Morton have given enough evidence to the powers that be that there should be one as soon as possible
  • Like 3

Don't count your chickens yet. Dunfermline's fate is decided tomorrow and they could be liquidated.

But they won't be.

Would still be 3 ahead + game in hand, even if they were.

That's not going to happen but if it did Morton would only have 3 games left to our 4 games. That would only be slightly more than a marginal advantage to them.

Dunfermline officially placed in Admin today, just been announced on Sportsound Twitter feed.

Assuming this will allow them to see out the next 3-4 weeks at the very least.

It was backs to the wall for most of the game, but the guys did great. Dowie fitted in well, Bannigan is a fantastic player and Doolan was excellent tonight

Was gonna wait to give my views on various players' performances, but you've made me do it now: Bannigan is indeed a fantastic player, and he's only going to get better and better. I'd even say that he should be first on the team sheet every week. And Doolan: the guy's energy levels are extraordinary, he's always absolutely bursting to get on the end of a ball or chase one down or harass defenders.

While I'm at it, at word on Morton. I think that some people have this blinkered view of them just hoofing it. Sure, they win a hell of a lot of headers up front, in midfield, and defence, but last night I thought they played some really neat and fast ground-level stuff as well. In fact I'd say they were the best away side I've seen at Firhill this season. But what an occasion. At this rate we'd better increase the capacity of Firhill soon!

With apologies Greenton, I was hunting you down on another thread and missed your honest, if not slightly inaccurate, assessment of the game. I feel your pain. It must have been a painful watching experience but take solace in the fact that you were there to watch the best team in the 1st division. The self same team who have played Morton off the park in all other encounters but have often (bar the 2-2 draw) come away empty handed. I actually thought Thistle tried to play some football last night and can't recall your team creating any chances. Not that I'm gloating :thumbsup2:

I personally thought the stewards did their best under difficult circumstances. As far as I'm aware, everyone got in and there was no trouble.

All the best for the rest of the season; but please feel free to have a crisis of confidence and to drop a few more points!

Cheers

MJ

I was at the UEFA Final between Sevilla & Espanyol at Hampden a few years back and there were parts of the stadium where fans were integrated, mostly families around where I was sitting, which if anything added to the atmosphere. Something we should aspire to in my view.

I was at the UEFA Final between Sevilla & Espanyol at Hampden a few years back and there were parts of the stadium where fans were integrated, mostly families around where I was sitting, which if anything added to the atmosphere. Something we should aspire to in my view.

Greenton actually raises and interesting point regarding segregation. It would be interesting to see what police advice would be on future fan segregation plans; especially when / if we go up a division. Then again, someone else pointed out that few SPL clubs will bring 2000+ to Firhill, so maybe not a problem most weeks.

Another point is that Morton's travelling support was actually pretty impressive and must have almost matched their home gate average (some stato will probably correct me); but it was bigger than the 1500 who attended a recent game at Cappielow (Cowdenbeath?). Their Mr Money Bags, Uncle Dougie, must be scratching his head wondering how he goes about getting them to attend home games.

Thistle, on the other hand, need to ensure that as many as possible who came along to support the Jags find their way back to future games. But what a night, what an atmosphere, what a result... YES!