Mcmillan

Woodstock Jag

McMillan's a class player and we've seen that when he's played against us, often the only defensive player that never crumbled. If he stays with us and O'Donnell doesn't move on then I'd assume Jordan & SOD will slog it out for the right back position. McMillan will give us the added option of centre back cover.

I wasn't paying too much attention to formation changes but I did get the impression McMillan was moved into a covering role rather than a straight centre mid Paton-like position.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I've played at RB all my life. When i go to games, i always have a close look at how our RB is playing.

He scored a good goal but was not ideal at right back. he made good runs forward but did not know when to release the ball and held it too long. he kept making the striker confused and ended up in the forward position himself - hence the goal.

i dont think he is a natural RB and i definitley dont think he wants to play that position. His positional sense and back tracking were poor.

I agree somewhat gb9 but some of that could be the fact that he doesn't know how some of the guys play. When he moved into midfield we did seem to fall apart but not his whole fault think some of boys got tired, which is understandable consider what they have achieved over the last few months. This lead to him being a bit over run in midfield!

Would defo keep him next season and he was very vocal during the game organising which was good to see

I would keep them both. Dowie covered Balatoni's arse numerous times yesterday. The presence of Dowie and Archie in training will bring on Conrad and Muirhead who look look like they could become a dominant defensive pairing for years.

Same way I've no doubt Murray was a great influence on Paton, Bannigan, Welsh and Craigan off the pitch.

Even losing Paton and Erskine we have some really promising youngsters in defence and midfield which bodes well. Banzo and Craigan in particular look like they could become outstanding players.

I actually thought it was a combination of him moving to midfield and SOD coming on that made us fall apart. SOD's defending, positioning, and passing was awful. He definitely contributed to our downfall. McMilllan looked solid to me, just didn't link up well moving forward, apart from the goal. I thought he improved as the first half went on. We were often expecting him to be as far up the park as SOD which is maybe unfair on him.

I would keep them both. Dowie covered Balatoni's arse numerous times yesterday. The presence of Dowie and Archie in training will bring on Conrad and Muirhead who look look like they could become a dominant defensive pairing for years.

Same way I've no doubt Murray was a great influence on Paton, Bannigan, Welsh and Craigan off the pitch.

Even losing Paton and Erskine we have some really promising youngsters in defence and midfield which bodes well. Banzo and Craigan in particular look like they could become outstanding players.

IIRC Muirhead can play in midfield too. Perhaps Archie will be tempted to play him there at Dumbarton.

Would not really judge any player on yesterday's game due to there not being much to play for and the starting 11 which would never have been that if we needed the points. As for McMillan I would keep him on the basis of how he played along side balatoni for the last 35 minutes against raith when we were down to 10 men.

Would not really judge any player on yesterday's game due to there not being much to play for and the starting 11 which would never have been that if we needed the points. As for McMillan I would keep him on the basis of how he played along side balatoni for the last 35 minutes against raith when we were down to 10 men.

Well said also only 24 and quite a bit of experience in the SPL - and be determined to stay there this time. A good signing

In the first half I was urging him to get further up the park, then when he did he scored. I think I underestimated his speed though, he positions himself as a defensive right back but can get up the park pretty sharpish. Think that quite a few of our players relaxed a little too much i the second half, understandably, against a team that desperately wanted and needed a win.

I'd definitely keep him.

I've played at RB all my life. When i go to games, i always have a close look at how our RB is playing. He kept making the striker confused and ended up in the forward position himself - hence the goal.

Have a look at the highlights. McMillan ran from very deep to occupy the space left by the two Dunfermline players tracking Lawless. That goal wasn't down to confusion or initially poor positioning, but vision and good finishing.

I'd have no hesitation in signing him for our SPL campaign.

• Like 1

Have a look at the highlights. McMillan ran from very deep to occupy the space left by the two Dunfermline players tracking Lawless. That goal wasn't down to confusion or initially poor positioning, but vision and good finishing.

I'd have no hesitation in signing him for our SPL campaign.

I had been watching him. He had been sitting very deep in a defensive position, but was very good at joining the attack late as he is deceptively quick. One time I was annoyed with him for being behind the play as he could have generated a great chance but their full back cleared it for a throw in. A minute later he scored by doing the same thing, hanging back then exploding up the field at the right moment.