Foreign Jags Xi

kearny_jag

Had a go at this today and came up with this. Any other suggestions?

Jakup Mikkelsen

Daniele Charini

Adrian Madaschi

Steve Pitman

George O’Neill

Quinton Jacobs

Jorge Cadete

Jean Yves Anis

Jukka Santala

Peter Lindau

Armand One

I'd replace Armand One with Juan Ramon Escalas, not sure Santala fits into a forward three either so I'd look for a full back if I could think of one!

Sub keeper: David Klein

How about . . . . . Alfie Stamp? he was about 6ft 15ins tall, skinny and legs like an octopus collecting the ball. :lol:

I think he was from New Zealand ? ( bought/transfer from Queens Park) when I was a ball boy. Definitely played with reserves.

Anyone old enough to remember 1970's

:fan:

I've got a great old press photo of big Alfie somewhere. Must dig it out and send it to stuthejag for his site.

ETA: His Wiki page indicates that he was with us 1973-1975, but never made the first team. Went on to get four NZ caps in 1979.

Edited by Jaggernaut

In that case I'd stick Armand in goal in place of Mikkelsen

What a big disappointment Jakup Mikkelsen turned out to be. He was one of the best goalkeepers playing in Denmark with Herfoelge, a club of similar size as Thistle, winning the championship in 2000. I was well chuffed when Thistle signed him, but what a disappointment, he ended up being.

What a big disappointment Jakup Mikkelsen turned out to be. He was one of the best goalkeepers playing in Denmark with Herfoelge, a club of similar size as Thistle, winning the championship in 2000. I was well chuffed when Thistle signed him, but what a disappointment, he ended up being.

I'm looking at Jakup's photo on my wall! Could not ask for a nicer chap. I remember going to the Scotland-Faroes game at Hampden hoping that Scotland would win and that all the goals would be such brilliant strikes that there was no way Jakup would be blamed for not saving them.

Stephanne Bonnes too.

I remember he ran riot in pre season and thought he would be a great player. Turned out to be one of the worst to grace firhill turf!

still have nightmares about him literally passing the ball into the keeper's hands from 2 yards at kilmarnock instead of going 2-0 up