Pars In The Playoffs

angry gaz

The Hunnett sent off, his boy sent off for fighting with one of his own players seemingly, Forfar 3 players sent off, Dunfermline awarded 2 penalties and end up winning 6-1 after extra time. Sounds like a no bad gemme!!!

I Remember players fighting with each other on the park when DC was in charge of us too. Horrible to see.

Sounds like the Pars had a fair helping hand from the ref. I was almost feeling sorry for DC for a minute :ph34r:

I hope Alloa take care of them in the final. Best of luck for the club to survive but a wee bit of humility in the 2nd Division might do them the world of good...

• Like 1

Sounds like the Pars had a fair helping hand from the ref. I was almost feeling sorry for DC for a minute :ph34r:

I hope Alloa take care of them in the final. Best of luck for the club to survive but a wee bit of humility in the 2nd Division might do them the world of good...

Their Div. 1 survival is already being given the "fairy tale" treatment in the media.

spoke to a mate of mine up there and he said they got extremely lucky, Forfar lost the plot completely. Even with 11v10 the pars were struggling.

Fancy Alloa to take them over 2 legs, but Alloa's chairman will be well aware of the benefits of staying in Division 2 next season as well.

With the jags gone, who's really going to take a big travelling support in Division 1 next year? Financially speaking, it makes more sense to be in Division 2.

Coincidence that Forfar pressed the self-destruct button?

Edited by ian_mac

spoke to a mate of mine up there and he said they got extremely lucky, Forfar lost the plot completely. Even with 11v10 the pars were struggling.

Fancy Alloa to take them over 2 legs, but Alloa's chairman will be well aware of the benefits of staying in Division 2 next season as well.

With the jags gone, who's really going to take a big travelling support in Division 1 next year? Financially speaking, it makes more sense to be in Division 2.

I think you've a point re it not maybe the worst time for a club to be in the 2nd Div but certainly Brechin and Alloa were going all out yesterday. I took in the game and despite the result I think Alloa will run the Pars close.

Alloa were actually a bit fortunate to go thru. They required a traditional double of a blatant Calum Elliot dive in the box and a wrong decision by Willie Collum awarding the penalty to get there. Alloa will also have to have Hartley tagged, handcuffed and strapped into a seat in the stand for celebrating their first goal by trading punches with Ray McKinnon..

I fancy the Pars to just shade it as they'll be playing the second leg at home.

I think you've a point re it not maybe the worst time for a club to be in the 2nd Div but certainly Brechin and Alloa were going all out yesterday. I took in the game and despite the result I think Alloa will run the Pars close.

Alloa were actually a bit fortunate to go thru. They required a traditional double of a blatant Calum Elliot dive in the box and a wrong decision by Willie Collum awarding the penalty to get there. Alloa will also have to have Hartley tagged, handcuffed and strapped into a seat in the stand for celebrating their first goal by trading punches with Ray McKinnon..

I fancy the Pars to just shade it as they'll be playing the second leg at home.

Hmmm... Collum again showing why he's being fast-tracked?

I think what is forgotten is that while the odd chairman may look forward to a bonus from the h*nnish hordes at two games, the players will see little or none of that and in any case wouldn't be getting a great wage. For them the only thing that really matters (if they get a chance) is winning something, even if it's only promotion via a play-off.

Forfar were physical and barely disciplined throughout. After the first sending off it always looked like there would be a second, although the second red they did get was really a yellow. Even then with less than 10 minutes to go it didn't look at all certain that Dunfermline would go through. It took a dodgy penalty to get them to extra time and a third sending off to make sure they coasted through it in the end. A more composed Forfar side could have won it and it wouldn't surprise me if Alloa won over two legs.

they might have had the miracle. Elliot missing the pen. obviously 3 is easier to peg back than 4. I hope they do not do it.

next season they will share a league with the new boys. think they will give them a game. put that mobs promotion plans on the back burner

It really won't be the end of the world for them if they are in Div 2 with Rangers next season - in fact, as other people have pointed out, it would make a lot of financial sense. I know if I was running DAFC I'd probably secretly be hoping they were in SFL2 rather than SFL1! Of course, they might get stuck there for longer than one season....

• Members

They'll lose more money in the 2nd than will ever be offset with Rangers being there. They will be without 6 home derby games for a start and relegated Dundee's away support would have replaced our numbers I reckon if they were to remain in the first. Not forgetting that the rest of the division's away support is likely to be as low if not lower than they currently get in the 1st. Rangers away support for two games will in no way come close to what they will miss out on if relegated.

They'll lose more money in the 2nd than will ever be offset with Rangers being there. They will be without 6 home derby games for a start and relegated Dundee's away support would have replaced our numbers I reckon if they were to remain in the first. Not forgetting that the rest of the division's away support is likely to be as low if not lower than they currently get in the 1st. Rangers away support for two games will in no way come close to what they will miss out on if relegated.

Doesnt the prize money improve markedly, if the new plans go ahead?, so yes I agree 2nd division football could well kill them. I hope not!