Ptfc Vs Aufc

The Cup

Is it not something to do with referees report being submitted to the SFA in order to issue a ban? IIRC Paton was sent off in a game played abroad so the report probably wasn't handed over, whereas the game played at Somerset handled by a Scottish ref would have been.

That explains it, cheers. Wasn't feeling hard done by or anything, just curious as to the action in one case but not that other.

Back to the team for tonight...

I personally would play Gallacher, but reckon Archie will go for:

Fox;

SO'D, Gabriel, Conrad, ATS;

Iassac, Fraser, Forbes;

Craigan, Baird, Henock

Stephen is a bit old to come out of retirement and play in our front three. Can't see him delivering many crosses or scoring. Who are Iassac and Henock? :rolleyes:

Ayr are up for it and have come close twice. We can't be complacent after taking an early lead.

There is no defensive cover on the bench with McMillan and Muirhead out. Bannigan could cover at full-back but we need another defender!

Far from convincing tonight, Match looked more of a pre season friendly than the game at Dumbarton. How Mark Kerr got MotM ill never know. Most players showed something, Piccolo looks good in air, but wants the ball far too much then does nothing with it. Osbourne went off and our midfield fell apart, Forbes far from his best.

Baird just doesnt convince me. Not one player will be happy with their performance tonight, but were in the next round draw and thats all that matters.

Only 2,145 in Firhill tonight.

Did you seriously expect more? I'm surprised there was that many going by past season's early season cup attendances.

Poor performance tonight, Ayr closed us down all night. Only real positives were that we won and we scored 2 goals

At tomorrow's draw we will get one of these unseeded teams-

Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Hamilton, QOS, Raith, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Forfar, Stranraer, Montrose

After tonight I am not confident against any of those. Maybe Stranraer or Montrose at home.

That was garbage. Credit to Ayr, they harried us all night and we didn't get any tempo or rhythm going all night. The better team lost on the night in my opinion.

Nobody really stood out to be hoest, if we're that lacklustre in many league games we'll gt fcuked up.

Gabriel is a crackin big athlete, but has to calm down, wants the ball all the time, even under pressure. That's not something I look for in a centre half. I noticed it vs limassol, foxy had to chase him away a few times when he wanted the ball from a kick out with a striker within 10 yards. I am all for building up from the back, but not all the time. He'll need to learn when to just lump it and not worry about showing everyone what a good footballer he thinks he is. But he's young in a new country, I have confidence Archie n Shaggy will coach him right.

Nobody else really did anything to impress me, was really bad.

• Like 1

We were poor but a special mention goes out to Ross Forbes who was beyond poor this evening.

I like Forbes as a player but he looked like he was going through the motions out there tonight.

Osbourne and Kerr need a little time to adjust to our style of play. SOD was getting a little bit frustrated at the ball being held on to for too long in the midfield.

We won, I'll take that as a positive.

At tomorrow's draw we will get one of these unseeded teams-

Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Hamilton, QOS, Raith, Airdrie, Dunfermline, Forfar, Stranraer, Montrose

After tonight I am not confident against any of those. Maybe Stranraer or Montrose at home.

We are a Premier League team and should be able thump them all.