Ptfc Vs Aufc

The Cup

Jags are 13/5 with Paddy Power to win -2 tomorrow night. Value in that I'd say.

Decent. I'll have some of that.

Hibs and Hearts don't look like scoring so I might stick my winnings onto a double for a draw in that game and the QOTS - Dundee game.

£213 from £5.

Going with my luck at the bookies none of that will happen and I'll be a £5 down.

Unless there are knocks I would start with the same team. Continuity. Momentum. Match fitness. These are all more important than giving others a run out. If we are comfortable and winning, and no disrespect to Ayr, then we can use all our subs to try other things.

Post match reaction -

Will changes be made for Tuesday’s League Cup tie with Ayr United?

“We’ve got a few knocks anyway so I think we will have to make a few changes.”

Edited by kni

I think we will go with something along these lines tomorrow night. Archie will want to get some competitive game time into Osborne and Gabriel. Fraser deserves to keep his place after his excellent performance on Friday.

I thought Baird Look lively on Friday when he came on and can see him causing Ayr plenty of problems.

………………………Fox

O'Donnell… Gabriel… Balatoni… Sinclair

………..Fraser…… …… Osbourne

….. Craigen … Welsh ……Bannigan

…………………….. Baird

I think we will go with something along these lines tomorrow night. Archie will want to get some competitive game time into Osborne and Gabriel. Fraser deserves to keep his place after his excellent performance on Friday.

I thought Baird Look lively on Friday when he came on and can see him causing Ayr plenty of problems.

………………………Fox

O'Donnell… Gabriel… Balatoni… Sinclair

………..Fraser…… …… Osbourne

….. Craigen … Welsh ……Bannigan

…………………….. Baird

I'd like to think that team will beat Ayr without too much difficulty.

I hope Lawless and Doolan are back for the RC game.

Since no one's started this thread yet, just thought I'd point out out that the preview is now up on the OS.

Ooops merged now...makes this look odd.

Given that Doolan and Muirhead have knocks (though one or both might make it) and McMillan is out, how about this team:

Gallagher

O'Donnell Gabriel Balatoni Taylor-Sincalir

Fraser Welsh Bannigan

Lawless Baird Forbes

Subs: Fox; Lindsay (or Muirhead); Osbourne; Elliot; Mukendi.

I'm assuming we'll only have 5 subs in this competition so I've dropped Craigen who's had some game time and given subs places to players who'll probably come on for a half.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Gallagher, O'Donnell, Gabriel, Conrad, ATS, Osbourne, Fraser, Welsh, Forbes, Craigan, Baird.

Give Bannigan the last 30 minutes if need be, he won't get much of a rest this season and has the U21 game next week. I'd like to see Simon and Mukendi get some game time too. And wouldn't be against Kerr getting on either. However I wouldn't want us to be making too many changes at the same time...

Since no one's started this thread yet, just thought I'd point out out that the preview is now up on the OS.

Given that Doolan and Muirhead have knocks (though one or both might make it) and McMillan is out, how about this team:

Gallagher

O'Donnell Gabriel Balatoni Taylor-Sincalir

Fraser Welsh Bannigan

Lawless Baird Forbes

Subs: Fox; Lindsay (or Muirhead); Osbourne; Elliot; Mukendi.

I'm assuming we'll only have 5 subs in this competition so I've dropped Craigen who's had some game time and given subs places to players who'll probably come on for a half.

Similar, but I'd have Fox, Osbourne and Mukendi in for Gallagher, Fraser and Forbes,

Heartening words from the gaffer...

"this is a competition I want to do well in, we have not been successful in it recently. It’s time to change that." ~ Alan Archibald

Ayr missing their "dynamic midfielder" Robbie Crawford for tonight after he was sent off in their 2-0 defeat vs Limassol...

"The big disappointment from the night is that Robbie Crawford is now suspended for the Partick Thistle game. It was a silly challenge from Robbie as he took the guy out." ~ Mark Roberts

2nd Round draw on Wednesday 2.30pm Hampden. Let's hope we're safely in the hat...

For the benefit of those who can't access the official website

PREVIEW

The euphoria of the opening night fixture has started to subside but as is the norm at the early part of the season the games tend to come thick and fast and tonight the attention turns towards the Scottish Communities League Cup tie with Ayr United here at Firhill.

Every club will tell you that the League is the number one priority but a good Cup run can be worth its weight in gold and we start out on the road to Hampden with a match against a side managed by former Thistle striker Mark Roberts.

Alan Archibald admitted that he will give his team selection some serious thought before naming his side for the game but is determined to make sure that the club enter the draw for the next round, which is to be made on Wednesday.

“Priority number one is to ensure that we are in the draw and so we must look to win the game. We took a lot of positives from the game on Friday night but this game comes with a totally different expectation level where we will be expected to win. However I have been in the game long enough to know that no games are won on paper and it will only be a successful one if we play the game in the manner which I expect from the squad. Ayr are a side who will come here determined to put on a show and cause an upset and we will have to guard against that, however I have plenty of faith in my squad and if we do our jobs then we hopefully will come out on top.”

So the question is, what is the thinking about team selection for this one?

“We have one definite non-starter in Jordan McMillan who is suffering from an ankle injury and I do have concerns over a couple of others in the shape of Kris Doolan and Aaron Muirhead. However this will give others in the squad an opportunity to show what they can do, I have said it before but I will be relying on all members of the squad this campaign and right away I will be giving others a chance tonight. We have a lot of new players and some of them will definitely start tonight or feature from the bench, and the beauty of that is I don’t see this in any way us weakening the squad because as I stressed earlier this is a competition I want to do well in, we have not been successful in it recently. It’s time to change that.”

DETAILS

Kick-off 7:45pm

ADMISSION

It was me. I did it!

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Adults £10

Concessions (65+, students, under 16s, disabled plus carer) £5

Season tickets are not valid for this fixture.

If Crawford got a ban for a red in pre=season, how come Paul Paton wasn't banned after his red in a pre-season friendly? Did he serve his ban in the following match? I'd have thought bans could only be served in competitive games?

Is it not something to do with referees report being submitted to the SFA in order to issue a ban? IIRC Paton was sent off in a game played abroad so the report probably wasn't handed over, whereas the game played at Somerset handled by a Scottish ref would have been.

Is it not something to do with referees report being submitted to the SFA in order to issue a ban? IIRC Paton was sent off in a game played abroad so the report probably wasn't handed over, whereas the game played at Somerset handled by a Scottish ref would have been.

Yes, as it happened under the jurisdiction of another FA it's up to them if they decide they want to submit the report or not. More often than not they don't bother.