Hearts Fans

Islay jag

Note to North stand

re : jam tarts repetitive danny wilson anthem chant

The answer is - Partick Thistle Champions! Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh

Partick Thistle Champions! Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh

Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh... Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh Oh

Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh... Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh ... Oh!

Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh... Oh Oh-Oh Oh Oh ... Oh! ...... Repeated till they shut their salt 'n' sauce filled gubz...... like...... ken?

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

Hearts fans were superb. best away support at Firhill in many a year. actually think they will claw back the difference and have a right go at staying up. obviously off field circumstances allowing that

Thought really there was not that much to them as a team. Yes, as we saw in the 2nd half, they have 1 or 2 players with a bit of skill and can run with the ball but they wouldn't have been able to show that if we'd kept up our first half performance. Think Archie made a bit of mistake not bringing Kerr on for Welsh. Left us too light in the middle and we let them into the game - after which it became 50-50 as we lost our cool.

But they aren't really up to much as a team. More ruthless sides than us will destroy them - as we should have in the first half.

But we are not only a young team but a young management team with a lot to learn so hopefully lessons learned and next time we dominate a team like we did in the first half we will put them to the sword.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Huge difference in noise compared to Dundee United fans two weeks ago. Good on them.

By the way, that recorded chanting over the tannoy during the game is cringey.

Yes, good on them. Great away support. Attempting to drown them out by using the tannoy system was pathetic. We're better than that. Cut it out.

Thought really there was not that much to them as a team. Yes, as we saw in the 2nd half, they have 1 or 2 players with a bit of skill and can run with the ball but hey wouldn't have been able to show that if we'd kept up our first half performance. Think Archie made a bit of mistake not bringing Kerr on for Welsh. Left us too light in the middle and we let them into the game - after which it became 50-50 as we lost out cool.

But they aren't really up to much as a team. More ruthless sides than us will destroy them - as we should have in the first half.

But we are not only a young team but a young management team with a lot to learn so hopefully lessons learned and next time we dominate a team like we did in the first half we will put them to the sword.

On hind site it looks like he should have brought on Kerr or Osbourn. But after the 1st half display he must have thought that Hearts were there for the taking and a bit extra attacking options was what was need. After 15 - 20 mins of 2nd, it might have been wiser to put more cover in the midfield.

On hind site it looks like he should have brought on Kerr or Osbourn. But after the 1st half display he must have thought that Hearts were there for the taking and a bit extra attacking options was what was need. After 15 - 20 mins of 2nd, it might have been wiser to put more cover in the midfield.

And play for 0 - 0? That's a dangerous game and not our style. I won't criticise Archie for his substitutions. We deservedly went one up and conceded just after which is not uncommon. Walker was allowed a glimpse of goal and hit a fine shot from 20 yards. No complaints from me.

And play for 0 - 0? That's a dangerous game and not our style. I won't criticise Archie for his substitutions. We deservedly went one up and conceded just after which is not uncommon. Walker was allowed a glimpse of goal and hit a fine shot from 20 yards. No complaints from me.

No, to keep our same shape and same control of possession. That is our game and style. I wouldn't have said bring Osbourne on as from what I've seen of him (1 game) he is more defensive minded than our other midfield players but Kerr is a similar, if not quite as good, player to Welsh. A like for like sub would have made sense to keep things ticking over in the same way.

And I don't think anyone's criticising Archie very much: only pointing out lessons we can learn.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I wasn't criticising him at all.

Do you think then that when/if we start Osbourn or Kerr, we are going to be playing for 0-0 right from the off ?

I wasn't criticising him at all.

Do you think then that when/if we start Osbourn or Kerr, we are going to be playing for 0-0 right from the off ?

Archie could probably have brought on Osbourne but most likely would've still had to tweak the formation. I actually thought Fraser was fouled prior to their goal but if he's carrying the can then it's worth remembering Kerr has been guilty of being caught on the ball on a few occasions pre season.

We were still goalless for all our efforts and Hearts play had hardly warranted two holding midfielders so to bring on an extra attacker was I thought the most obvious substitution. Archie could've of course brought on Osbourne to play his customary defensive role and pushed Fraser forward. Just feel bringing on extra creativity and goal threat that Higginbotham offers was the positive move that more warranted.

Never seen an away support like it. Even when they went behind they kept going.

Is it just me, or did anyone else take a wee bit of satisfaction in seeing Hearts fans being so excited about a draw with the mighty Thistle?

Not me. They have the old siege mentality. They might admit thistle played well, but they are one of the "scottish football needs a strong(insert c*nt-o team name here)" clubs. Patronising pwicks'll tell you their squad has been decimated by events outwith the loyal fans doing and have been reduced to a shadow of what they should be. That was a show of defiance against the world, not great pride in mugging Thistle for a point.

Poor, deluded, cobbled street dwelling, footballing paupers.

<_<

• Like 2

They made some noise last night so fair play to them. Most vocal away support we've had at Firhill for many years. Of course that is largely down the siege mentality but they're using it to their advantage.

The North Stand has been brilliant since we moved across there but I do get the impression that some people go in there and just expect the atmosphere to be created for them, rather than try and add to the atmosphere themselves.

Terrific support. I'd settle for that in the home games against the likes of Aberdeen, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee United and Kilmarnock this season.

Where exactly did 1200 odd Jags fans disappear to though? Seems strange that more are likely to be back their holidays and yet the crowd was a lot less than it was versus DU. Possibly a number a bit disillusioned with the ticket fiasco? Imagine what the atmosphere would have been like if the JH was full?!

There were rows and rows of empty reserved seats near us on the half way line.

Where exactly did 1200 odd Jags fans disappear to though? Seems strange that more are likely to be back their holidays and yet the crowd was a lot less than it was versus DU. Possibly a number a bit disillusioned with the ticket fiasco? Imagine what the atmosphere would have been like if the JH was full?!

Bit strange that. I know there was so much hype about McNamara that might have attracted the periphery supporter along to a so called grudge match. Also more folk will have access to BBC Alba than BT. Counter that to how well we played in the first game and universal acclaim re our result at Dingwall and you'd have thought the crowds would've been similar. I do tho' believe that the United crowd was exceptional rather than last night's being in any way poor. A home crowd of circa 4500 is a fair hike on last season's norm.

It's also unfortunate how crammed in a lot of us are in parts of the JHS and how empty some parts are.Btw I like where I sit and don't want to move so not having a grumble.

It's also unfortunate how crammed in a lot of us are in parts of the JHS and how empty some parts are.Btw I like where I sit and don't want to move so not having a grumble.

Is it not that a lot of these reserved seats are season ticket holders who have had to reserve a seat in the JH stand although they are standing in the north stand?

Is it not that a lot of these reserved seats are season ticket holders who have had to reserve a seat in the JH stand although they are standing in the north stand?

Aye, probably. What happens tho' is non ST holders anticipate that so they sit in the spare seat. The area fills up and lo and behold the actual ST holder turns up just before kick off. No problem if there's spare seats in the vicinity or it's just an isolated occasion but I get the impression it'll be both commonplace and involve many especially if attendances stay at a high for us level.

Repeat not a moan just an observation.

Terrific support. I'd settle for that in the home games against the likes of Aberdeen, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee United and Kilmarnock this season.

I found the apparent drop in attendance odd. It certainly didn't look like there 1000 less people anyway.

Oh, and the Hearts fans were magnificent last night. A real credit to their club.