Jags Support Today

Jaggy1967

Absolutely amazing singing from the whole stand as far as I am concerned.

Question is ?

In the situation where the singers are spread about does it tend to make the other fans join in ?

Or does it mean very little if any singing gets off the ground ?

I realise the result and game in general has a large part to play in these things.

I thought we went quiet after they scored, and started grumping at the team - not good.

To be fair under the circumstances I think most football supporters would have reacted in a similar fashion. Important, thin once Doolan etc. came on the crowd really got behind the team again. I think today, over the piece the traveling support as always was superb.

Never played football at a high level,best I could manage was a couple of trials for Campsie Black Watch but would be interested to hear from anyone who has played at a good level if getting booed or shouted at improved their performance.With very few exceptions players try their best and I would think they respond better to encouragement.

In 60 years of supporting Thistle I have never booed or shouted abuse at a Thistle player.Oh aye,I've groaned at the misplaced pass/mistimed tackle etc.This present team look to have a fantastic positive attitude and won't lie down.Is it too much to expect the fans to adopt the same attitude and keep the faith if we go a goal down?

• Like 7

Never played football at a high level,best I could manage was a couple of trials for Campsie Black Watch but would be interested to hear from anyone who has played at a good level if getting booed or shouted at improved their performance.With very few exceptions players try their best and I would think they respond better to encouragement.

In 60 years of supporting Thistle I have never booed or shouted abuse at a Thistle player.Oh aye,I've groaned at the misplaced pass/mistimed tackle etc.This present team look to have a fantastic positive attitude and won't lie down.Is it too much to expect the fans to adopt the same attitude and keep the faith if we go a goal down?

Wouldn't say people were booing but more like pick it up and sort it out. No matter what sport people need different kind of encouragement and sometimes it's justified. Needless to say the moaning came after 5-10 mins of sloppy play which after that the players pick it up and everyone was back on bored!

Without any doubt players respond to encouragement....as a jags supporter for over 60 years I can remember the rangers support being like a twefth man when against us at firhill especially when waddell picked up the ball about halfwayand tore down the right wing the swell of noise reached a crescendo as he crossed the ball and you just knew the outcome as it reached thornton's head.. goal!!! in my mind when a player has the ball at his feet and the crowd roar him on he will pull out all the stops to beat that defender that is in his way.....kEEP ON SINGING ! KEEP ON ROARING, JAGS FANS!... you,ll never know but maybe that extra bit of support helped that ball to hit the net and saved us from relegation or WON THE LEAGUE!!!!

Most of the support was terrific today, other than one old codger in front of me that moaned at Balatoni and Higginbotham all day and then came out with a classic with about 10 minutes left when he said it was just like going back to the bad old days under McCall!! Some folk just don't have a clue.

Most of the support was terrific today, other than one old codger in front of me that moaned at Balatoni and Higginbotham all day and then came out with a classic with about 10 minutes left when he said it was just like going back to the bad old days under McCall!! Some folk just don't have a clue.

He probably longs for the return of Dick Campbell so he can go & moan every week

• Like 2

No one should moan at the games with this team or manager. It's a young team who've done us proud. The management team likewise.

Hope guys like Forbes don't read some of the sh-te posted here. We've seen plenty of players who don't care and too many managers like Campbell who didn't care about football. They got grief and fair enough.

From the board to the manager to the the players, they're doing their job amazingly well and we're 3rd in the league.

F-ckin' magic!!!

Maybe it's me, but I don't get this debate. Balatoni gave the ball away twice in the second half to set up chances for St. Mirren - what do you shout? "Bad luck, Conrad, better luck next time", or "What the f*** are you playing at, Balatoni, get the f***** finger out!" If that's 'moaning' then guilty as charged. And I couldn't help notice that Stephen O'Donnel and Aaron Muirhead were 'moaning' at each other in the second half aw well. Sometimes players need to know what's what, it doesn't undermine them, it makes sure they give it their all.

• Like 2

I was in hospitality today.

The away support gave great backing to the team and the Saints I was with were impressed with the turnout. They struggled to come to terms that we are a young gallus team who gave them a going over. They are bricking themselves for the drop.

No one should moan at the games with this team or manager. It's a young team who've done us proud. The management team likewise.

Hope guys like Forbes don't read some of the sh-te posted here. We've seen plenty of players who don't care and too many managers like Campbell who didn't care about football. They got grief and fair enough.

From the board to the manager to the the players, they're doing their job amazingly well and we're 3rd in the league.

F-ckin' magic!!!

• Like 2

With a young team that is playing great free flowing football there will be times when passes will be misplaced.

So accept that this is going to happen.

I heard a couple of "experts" suggesting they get the ball up the park. I assume a hoof to their centre half is more acceptable than Conrad misplacing a couple of passes.

"What the f*** are you playing at, Balatoni, get the f***** finger out!" If that's 'moaning' then guilty as charged.

Why are you so angry?

Support was fantastic today. There's always a concern when the seating's allocated that people won't join in. Glad to see people did, but I hate when people do what a guy in front of me was doing. Tried to start a song that no one else was singing and then got pissed off at the fans and aggressively shouted "SING!!!!". Calm it. I'll sing when I want, not when you bark at me to.

Edited by ThickAsThieves