Just In Frae Tannadice

Watson Towers

And also, out of interest Harry Wragg...many games have you seen the team live this season.

Missed the Dingwall game, attending my late wifes funeral, I'm a season ticket holder , travelling from Stonehaven for all home games , are you attending every game ? How long have you supported the Jags ? I'm a fan for over 50 years , does that qualify me to speak my mind on the forum ? I make my comments as I see the performances on the park , no different from, any other supporter, but you may notice that I never slag off anyone in a personal way and am disgusted with the verbal diatribes aimed at some on here , however , as we all say we are entitled to our opinions !!

Missed the Dingwall game, attending my late wifes funeral, I'm a season ticket holder , travelling from Stonehaven for all home games , are you attending every game ? How long have you supported the Jags ? I'm a fan for over 50 years , does that qualify me to speak my mind on the forum ? I make my comments as I see the performances on the park , no different from, any other supporter, but you may notice that I never slag off anyone in a personal way and am disgusted with the verbal diatribes aimed at some on here , however , as we all say we are entitled to our opinions !!

Never missed a game in 2 yrs myself, and I only have an honest opinion on games I have seen. As for making comments only as you see performances on the park and for never slagging of anyone...bollocks. You have stated 3 times now that lawless wants mega wages. Now as I have said in a pm to you you are slandering the player on something you know NOTHING about.

you really are starting to piss me off big style. Keep to opinions and stop printing shit!

• Like 1

Never missed a game in 2 yrs myself, and I only have an honest opinion on games I have seen. As for making comments only as you see performances on the park and for never slagging of anyone...bollocks. You have stated 3 times now that lawless wants mega wages. Now as I have said in a pm to you you are slandering the player on something you know NOTHING about.

you really are starting to piss me off big style. Keep to opinions and stop printing shit!

I never slag posters !!! Am entitled to criticise players who are being paid to win matches and entertain the paying customer , they put themselves up in the spotlight , to be praised and to be lambasted !!
  • Like 1

I never slag posters !!! Am entitled to criticise players who are being paid to win matches and entertain the paying customer , they put themselves up in the spotlight , to be praised and to be lambasted !!

You have stated multiple times now, that lawless wants mega wages. Stick to criticising the players, not making stupid lies up and printing them on here. Praise and lambast whoever you want but stop being a down right shit stirrer. For someone your age (following thistle 50yrs) you should know the difference between LYING and criticising someone!!!

why not ? he's been ineffective the last few games and he's holding out on extending his contract for what i can only assume is financial reasons , and if foxy etc. are happy to have extended their contracts , then why not him ? does he think he played a bigger part in winning the title ? i dont know what the reasons are but one things for sure he certainly isnt the star of this young team !!! and im comcerned about the fact that he's being bundled out the game now , i sincerely hope he turns it around as he has the talent but recently he's just not cutting it , end of story !!!

You have stated multiple times now, that lawless wants mega wages. Stick to criticising the players, not making stupid lies up and printing them on here. Praise and lambast whoever you want but stop being a down right shit stirrer. For someone your age (following thistle 50yrs) you should know the difference between LYING and criticising someone!!!

never once did i claim to know why lawless hasnt extended , im assuming its monetary !! so i dont lie !! let the man himself come out and tell us why he doesnt want to sign a longer deal , maybe he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere , in which case that doesnt come over as loyalty to the club !!!

why not ? he's been ineffective the last few games and he's holding out on extending his contract for what i can only assume is financial reasons , and if foxy etc. are happy to have extended their contracts , then why not him ? does he think he played a bigger part in winning the title ? i dont know what the reasons are but one things for sure he certainly isnt the star of this young team !!! and im comcerned about the fact that he's being bundled out the game now , i sincerely hope he turns it around as he has the talent but recently he's just not cutting it , end of story !!!

Exactly you don't know anything about the contract talks, so stop printing lies, and where has he ever stated that he thinks he is the star of this young team? You have certainly got a grudge against Lawless due to him not yet signing a new contract, so if you make every home game, then why not ask him yourself face to face outside the players entrance instead of writing lies about him on a forum. Maybe he will tell you what's happening.

Stick to opinions and not lies, end of story!!!

Was a frustrating night. Dominated the first 30 minutes and United looked really panicked. Couldn't believe we went in at half time 2.0 down.

More even second half although I thought United gave the ball away a lot,

Would love to see what an in form striker would do with the quality and quantity of possession we had.

What's annoying me is our inability to make good use of set pieces. Our corners are absolutely honking. Need to start taking chances when we get into good positions, very rarely do we provide good deliveries for the likes of Conrad and muirhead to attack.

4th goal last night came as a result of a terrible corner.

Agreed Harry,all someone has to say is "Don't agree with you" .There is no need to be abusive.Let's keep abuse for opposition team and myopic refs

• Like 1

Lawless said on the telly at the weekend he was in talks with the club was enjoying being at thistle and being part of the current squad imo he has definatley not been the worst, the comments about him wanting to much money seem only to be coming from one poster on here so i think until we know all the facts he is still a thistle player that needs our support, if i got dropped after having a bad shift i would have been on jobseekers for the last ten years lol, who knows maybe he has been under the weather or carrying a wee injury.

I think the full team and also archie need time to adjust to playing against better players and coming up against managers who are a bit more savvy. Stuart Mcall is a manager who obviously knows stevie well and had Hamill man marking him at fir park that to me says that he thinks he is danger, Derek Mcinnes also had Reynolds man marking him when Aberdeen came to firhill an ex motherwell player by coincidence or did he give his manager a heads up ? Mcinnes had also done his homework because aberdeen set out from kick off to contain our full backs.

I said in a previous thread that i think we were a spoiled bunch last year, but the speed at which some are getting upset is alarming i think after last years heroics all of the boys deserve the reward of playing in the division they all worked hard to get to and did we add players that are visable better than what we had ? i dont think so.

I have also said aswell that the players are on a steep learning curve this year if they were seasoned pros maybe i would be thinking a bit different but there not they are young and maybe a wee bit wet behind the ears just now but they will get better, lets be the twelvth man again instead of talking cr@p about how poor theyve been singling players out and looking for scapegoats.

• Like 2

What's annoying me is our inability to make good use of set pieces. Our corners are absolutely honking. Need to start taking chances when we get into good positions, very rarely do we provide good deliveries for the likes of Conrad and muirhead to attack.

4th goal last night came as a result of a terrible corner.

I've been thinking that our corners have been fairly good. Forbes, Higginbotham, Baird, & Fraser (probably in that descending order) all capable of very good deliveries. I'd suggest that the opposition anticipate Conrad charging in but I feel others at times could be more aggressive and take a gamble..

Exactly you don't know anything about the contract talks, so stop printing lies, and where has he ever stated that he thinks he is the star of this young team? You have certainly got a grudge against Lawless due to him not yet signing a new contract, so if you make every home game, then why not ask him yourself face to face outside the players entrance instead of writing lies about him on a forum. Maybe he will tell you what's happening.

Stick to opinions and not lies, end of story!!!

What do you know Auld Yin? You his agent? Few strange posts from you on here getting very defensive with Lawless. Something we should know? :D

At the end of the day this year is a stepping stone. If we finish 10th & we can consolidate. Archie/Shaggy will be another year wiser in the job & know the players that can & can't cut it in this league.

From the outside looking in, it looks like Taylor-Sinclair & Lawless have decided to move to pastures new at some point soon as I'm sure they'd have signed at same time as the others.

Taylor-Sinclair destined for big things for me. Strong, fast, can beat a man, good left foot and not the worst in the air. Needs to improve final ball but that's something he should be able to do himself.

Lawless I'm not so sure about. He doesn't look like he's adapted yet. Having only missed Dingwall in which he got a couple of goals, the only game he impressed me was vs Cowdenbeath in the cup. But then that was a team with 10 behind ball most of the night & for most of the match whole team went forward although nothing to show until Extra Time.

Think we're concentrating more on the forward players as we're not scoring enough goals. We need to tough season out. If we can bring in a couple in Jan then I reckon we'll be fine in terms of finishing 10th & above.

Last night was about giving fringe players the chance to impress. DU did the same playing Goodwillie & Graham but that shows you the difference in squad depth & yet we should've been at least level at HT then who knows...

What do you know Auld Yin? You his agent? Few strange posts from you on here getting very defensive with Lawless. Something we should know? :D At the end of the day this year is a stepping stone. If we finish 10th & we can consolidate. Archie/Shaggy will be another year wiser in the job & know the players that can & can't cut it in this league. From the outside looking in, it looks like Taylor-Sinclair & Lawless have decided to move to pastures new at some point soon as I'm sure they'd have signed at same time as the others. Taylor-Sinclair destined for big things for me. Strong, fast, can beat a man, good left foot and not the worst in the air. Needs to improve final ball but that's something he should be able to do himself. Lawless I'm not so sure about. He doesn't look like he's adapted yet. Having only missed Dingwall in which he got a couple of goals, the only game he impressed me was vs Cowdenbeath in the cup. But then that was a team with 10 behind ball most of the night & for most of the match whole team went forward although nothing to show until Extra Time. Think we're concentrating more on the forward players as we're not scoring enough goals. We need to tough season out. If we can bring in a couple in Jan then I reckon we'll be fine in terms of finishing 10th & above. Last night was about giving fringe players the chance to impress. DU did the same playing Goodwillie & Graham but that shows you the difference in squad depth & yet we should've been at least level at HT then who knows...
For me if i m being brutaly honest there are a few that haven't adjusted yet and as i said before they are all young and learning, i also think that rounding on any one player is a bit much, especially when he's no been the worst.

It's clear to me that everybody has different favourite's and villan's, and player's no matter what team they play for will have people who like them and people who don't, maybe auldyin's comment's could be seen as defensive or otherwise but so could harry wragg's on more than two occasion's he has mentioned the wage thing which considering stevie has said he is still in talk's with the club could be seen as maybe knowing a bit more than most aswell, if so let me know lol.

I think most folk can see from my post's that i m a fan of the wee man for me he was as big an influence as Erskine, Paton, Doolan or any other fan's favourite last year and i really enjoy the way he plays the game it's a shame we are even here talking in this manner about a guy who was pivitol to our success last year and after a handfull of game's is getting pelter's from some, remember we are talking about a guy who has not long become a dad recently if i remember rightly which is also a big job and another doozy of a learning curve to be on( they are human being's after all ).

Anyway he is a thistle player the noo,and he deserve's support like the rest of the squad not slur's and criticism's let's keep them for the opposing player's.

I think when you've shipped 8 goal's in three game's the cause for concern should be aimed at the defence, we are creating chance's but not putting them away i know, but we are shipping goal's aswell and if i remember rightly Goodwille gave conrad a torrid time at firhill and if sharper could have had a couple that night. I am pretty sure being a defender himself archie will be working on this. St johnstone will be another tough test for the boy's this week and i hope they can get the wee bit of luck they need to get the fan's back on side because it seem's to me as if some are just a bit eager to stick the boot in.

Edited by cjag78
  • Like 2

Its just getting so hard to keep the spirits up when its becoming the same week after week, absloutely great football for large spells without creating clear chances and then losing bad goal from our point of view. I look about the team and can't really see a goal in them just now.

Aberdeen aside, I think we have been making loads of clear cut chances. We have only not scored in 3 games this season, whereas there has only been 1 game that the opposition hasn't scored. I am undecided whether the priority is shoring up the defence or whether it is improving our chance to goals ratio.

Aberdeen aside, I think we have been making loads of clear cut chances. We have only not scored in 3 games this season, whereas there has only been 1 game that the opposition hasn't scored. I am undecided whether the priority is shoring up the defence or whether it is improving our chance to goals ratio.

It's both of these simultaneously, imo.

I think I am right in saying in competitive fixtures when Fox, Muirhead and Balatoni have been playing we have only lost more than one goal once. That was the away tie v Morton who scored with a penalty and a free kick.

Keeping Muirhead, Fox and Conrad fit this season is key.

Would like to see us go for an experienced centre back when the window opens.

Not sure whether we are creating so many "clear cut" chances, our attack play to the edge of the box is great, but then fails, would like to see us play the ball in to the box (back to last year) more than cross it for as lone striker, a few more shots from distance would be good as we have the players capable, but maybe their is a wee confidence issue as we are not scoring regularly from open play. I also this may be making our defence edgy as they know 1 mistake could cost us a 1-0 loss, where last year we just went up and scored more than the oposition so the defence played with a bit more relaxed heads which added to their confidence and their performances.

I still believe we are 1 game away from it all clicking together and someone being absolutely humped by us, lets hope its this saturday

• Like 1