Celtic Away End Sold Out.

king of spain

On a slight tangent from the worry about Celtic fans in the home end, one of them in my work is surprised we have sold tickets for the away end without taking any personal details. Hibs have a form to fill out -->

google.com/document/d/1WMFvKmCuv87M2P0N5Dyi8-5dbfT1VRC12cP91zqT0fk/mobilebasic?pli=1

Granted, details given could be false but their method seems a bit more 'secure' than ours.

Edit - Not sure if that link works or not? I'm on my phone.

Edited by H Wragg

So, just to recap, so far the wise people running our club have:

1) decided to punt out the most vocal section of our support from the NS, even though the team themselves have said their support is a boost on the park;

2) decided to punt out some of the JHS season ticket holders BUT not told everyone what the alternative arrangements are;

3) announced that the Main stand is unsafe, yet given it to all other teams except Celtic;

4) then, given all of the above, sold tickets at random to anyone who wants one for anywhere in the stadium, with no checks as to whether Celtic fans are buying them.

Good work.

Do we stop selling tickets ?

No but we ask for fans to register at the start of the season........... oh wait we done that with TAG, then we have a decent database for fans otherwise its open season and we are as well declaring the game as having no segregation, if there is trouble at this game due to lack of segregation you can be we are fined and the police bill and presence for the next visit from Celtic is far greater than this one.

There seems to have been no thought on how to attempt to keep the fans separate on this fixture

op never did link the celtic forum he mentioned that was going mad. I linked all the forums google could find.

think op was just shit stirring

The Huddleboard its on. Need to be a member. Why would I shit stir? I only said we are not selling to or asking for season ticket holders only which isnt the norm. Few qoutes if your are that bothered to have to read them.

"Got 2 on the phone there. Didn't ask for my season card details."

"I couldn't get through all morning on the phone, but my uncle is a season ticket holder at Thistle and he went to Firhill and got me two tickets no bother."

"Seems like partick are just getting rid of them first come, first served"

The implication being that not asking for details is unusual.

That ties in with what my workmate was saying. We appear to be easy going about who we're selling to compared to others who are now dealing directly with Celtic fans.

Edited by H Wragg

The implication being that not asking for details is unusual.

That ties in with what my workmate was saying. We appear to be easy going about who we're selling to compared to others who are now dealing directly with Celtic fans.

But surely they are giving some details - name,address(to send the tickets to)bank/credit card( to collect payment).

I take take that point, but you highlighted a post about buying tickets by phone

OK. My bad on that specific post.

However, my post earlier about the bloke in my work being surprised earlier relates to anyone being able to turn up at Firhill and buy tickets without any info whatsover being taken. I also posted earlier in this thread where I said I was sure the trouble at the GC final was partially blamed on the tickets being a free for all.

Only option now is a zero tolerance approach to Celtic fans attempting to enter the home end or being identified within it.

Worst case scenario and it kicks off Thistle will be sanctioned and fined not Celtic

But again this is after the event, we should have put safeguards in place prior to them going on sale, we have had 3 months to plan for this

It would be ironic if the extra dosh that PTFC is trying to make here end up going to pay a hefty fine, a result of crowd trouble due to soap dodgers being able to infiltrate among the Thistle fans.

Edited by Jaggernaut

It would be ironic if the extra dosh that PTFC is trying to make here end up going to pay a hefty fine, a result of crowd trouble due to soap dodgers being able to infiltrate among the Thistle fans.

At worst not just soap dodgers among the Thistle fans. Last time we played Celtic there was a family of Snake Mountain knuckledraggers sitting in the row in front of me. They spent most of the match shouting out obscenities,most of which could now be construed as illegal.

Not a lot can be done to prevent away fans buying tickets for the home end - another reason I'm more than happy to skip this game.

I remember going to buy a ticket for the Scottish Cup game against Celtic in 1988 - Jez Moxey for reasons best known to himself seemed reluctant to sell me one as I got the impression he thought I was a Celtic fan - I was very much pissed off.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Not a lot can be done to prevent away fans buying tickets for the home end - another reason I'm more than happy to skip this game.

I remember going to buy a ticket for the Scottish Cup game against Celtic in 1988 - Jez Moxey for reasons best known to himself seemed reluctant to sell me one as I got the impression he thought I was a Celtic fan - I was very much pissed off.

Why would Jez think that, had you not bathed for some time or come back from a particularly hard shift ?

here's a conundrum for the jags hive:

my daughter (under16) and son (under17) have season tickets - I don't as I still play footy on occasional Saturdays

Daughter doesn't want to go to the green filth game and I'm free .

If I go ahead and buy a ticket her seat will be empty and this will affect the clubs revenues.

Therefore do I ...

1. just buy a ticket and leave her seat empty and sit somewhere else in the JH away from my son

2. not buy a ticket, use her ST to gain entry and pass £25 to the turnstile operator

3. not buy a ticket, use her ST to gain entry and send a cheque for the ticket to the club in advance

Any thoughts?

The Huddleboard its on. Need to be a member. Why would I shit stir? I only said we are not selling to or asking for season ticket holders only which isnt the norm. Few qoutes if your are that bothered to have to read them.

"I couldn't get through all morning on the phone, but my uncle is a season ticket holder at Thistle and he went to Firhill and got me two tickets no bother."

"Seems like partick are just getting rid of them first come, first served"

apologies to you mate. not an excuse as I should not post under the influence. it does not matter what they are posting. it is our club that is making a balls up of it. once again sorry mate

my daughter (under16) and son (under17) have season tickets - I don't as I still play footy on occasional Saturdays

If I go ahead and buy a ticket her seat will be empty and this will affect the clubs revenues.

Therefore do I ...

1. just buy a ticket and leave her seat empty and sit somewhere else in the JH away from my son

2. not buy a ticket, use her ST to gain entry and pass £25 to the turnstile operator

3. not buy a ticket, use her ST to gain entry and send a cheque for the ticket to the club in advance

Any thoughts?

As she's got a season ticket and not going then there will be at least one of the seats empty. How much do you like your son? :lol:

Edited by scotty

I think the key issue here is how we reacted in the days of terracing to 'away' fans in the 'home' end. It wasn't an uncommon sight to turn up on OF days to find that the area behind the goal had been turned over to their fans that had bought tickets 'illegally' for the home end. Of course we all wanted them thrown out, not least because the tickets said that fans in the wrong end would be refused admission, but of course the club and the police never did so - despite them turning up in full colour with strips and scarves on show. However the terracing allowed a floating segregation line to be setup and maintained and frustrating as it was for us fans I could understand why the people in charge allowed them to remain.

The days of all-seated grounds make this issue a very different matter. Now you are more likely to have these opposition fans sit there in plain clothes seeming to blend in but making it quite obvious to anyone nearby that they aren't a Jag. This is more likely to result in trouble than back in the 70s/80s.

When we played Rangers in the cup a few years ago the police setup a small segregated end at the north of the JH Stand and made a point of moving any of their fans to that end of the stand who were stupid enough to make it obvious they had bought tickets intended for the home fans.

The major issue here, which has been raised by our club and the authorities, is of course their claim that Celtic fans cannot be housed in the Main Stand due to safety concerns - quite simply they cannot be trusted in there - so what happens when some turn up on matchday with tickets for the Main Stand home end? They can hardly move them to a 'safe area' of the Main Stand as that stand isn't safe to house them.

As she's got a season ticket and not going then there will be at least one of the seats empty. How much do you like your son? :lol:

Love my kids Scotty - not up for debate sir!

It's not been a problem at the Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs evening games or the Aberdeen game as they haven't sold out - i.e. I've paid in every time through a different turnstile and the three of us have sat together - but by being up front, using her ST and paying for her seat it would free up my 'ticket' elsewhere and therefore may be another £15/£25 into the club coffers if someone else took that ticket.

It's just that the club have put on the OS that there are circa 700 under 16 ST holders - if half of these are a no-show it then becomes a significant potential loss of income through empty seats.

Love my kids Scotty - not up for debate sir!

It's not been a problem at the Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs evening games or the Aberdeen game as they haven't sold out - i.e. I've paid in every time through a different turnstile and the three of us have sat together - but by being up front, using her ST and paying for her seat it would free up my 'ticket' elsewhere and therefore may be another £15/£25 into the club coffers if someone else took that ticket.

It's just that the club have put on the OS that there are circa 700 under 16 ST holders - if half of these are a no-show it then becomes a significant potential loss of income through empty seats.

Email or phone the club. I'm sure the office staff will sort that one out for you.

I don't think it will sell out anyway. I'd rather have a few hundred empty seats than have Celtic fans mixed through the JHS and excellent Main Stand facility.

Therefore do I ...

Any thoughts?

In a similar boat except the kids aren't coming. We have four kids seats reserved on the JHS but could not be allocated them coz the club can't print off a ticket for those seats as they are for U16 season ticket holders. So seems like all U16 ST holders who can't be at the game will mean an empty seat for each of them.

Doesn't help your dilemma any so for clarity I'd say but a ticket but sit in her seat rather than the one you get allocated.

With so many U16 STs then the club is just going to have to accept the loss of income from those seats when there is a sell-out game. It's short term pain for long term gain.

With so many U16 STs then the club is just going to have to accept the loss of income from those seats when there is a sell-out game. It's short term pain for long term gain.

That's why they are charging non st holding kids £5 entry and some peg selling orphans(tongue totally in cheek btw) €12 a throw ;)