Scottish Cup 4Th Round

jagscast

Game now Sunday 12.45, on Sky.

That means alone we get £60,000 from Sky for the game along (it maybe higher) Plus the gate and there should be a reasonable crowd, could have been worse in a sense remember getting put out of cups against Hamilton Accies and Queen of the South and gates only being about 1500 so we probably lose money.

Worst case scenario we get humped but we at least get a decent payday that can maybe get some of the guys whose contract ends in the summer extended Osbourne particularly also Taylor Sinclair, Lawless and Kerr are also out on contract

Yes but as its the cup we get the money direct, its not split with the other 42 teams as I said I reckon we and ABerdeen probably get £65,000 each alone for the tv rights for this game

Point taken.

What would be preferable, an easy home game against lower opposition and then a chance of another lucky draw for the next round (of course maybe a lousy draw leading to a defeat), or take some ready cash now and get humped? We have no choice but to accept the second one anyway, except for the getting humped part.

First, we can beat Aberdeen. Need to play well, but can do it.

Second, live on sky appears to be £82k so good cash boost. Assuming debt structured for controlled repayment now this could mean an extra 1-2 players in January, ideally any up-and-coming young lower league players whom we may have been scouting. The next ATS or Muirhead. Either way, good for the budget.

Now let's win it and get on TV again in the next round.

• Like 1

If the figure of £65K is accurate you'll have to deduct for the reduced gate. Aberdeen fans won't travel in as big numbers and the home support will drop off as well. I don't think it would be unreasonable to estimate a drop in attendance of 1500-2000 (the league attendance in September was 6200). So even with the gate split we could be down something like £15K plus we could lose out on hospitality as well.

If the figure of £65K is accurate you'll have to deduct for the reduced gate. Aberdeen fans won't travel in as big numbers and the home support will drop off as well. I don't think it would be unreasonable to estimate a drop in attendance of 1500-2000 (the league attendance in September was 6200). So even with the gate split we could be down something like £15K plus we could lose out on hospitality as well.

Make tickets £15, advertise it like crazy, half Aberdeen's away fans live in Glasgow anyway.

I got it wrong, apparently its £82K we get

I don't think we budget for cup games your Ladyship, so all profits are cash in the bank?

Game now Sunday 12.45, on Sky.

This is absolute crap news for me, that Sunday from 11.30 till 3 is the next Powerchair Football League fixture day and I really enjoy playing in it and I dont want to miss it. But I also really dont want to miss the Jags game, so its put me in a real dilemma. It was gonna be a great weekend for me as well, go to the Thistle game on the Saturday and play for my powerchair football team on the Sunday. Thanks a lot Sky! If they'd even made it a 5.30 kick off that would have been ok. At least it will benefit Thistle financially. Still really annoyed though!

This is absolute crap news for me, that Sunday from 11.30 till 3 is the next Powerchair Football League fixture day and I really enjoy playing in it and I dont want to miss it. But I also really dont want to miss the Jags game, so its put me in a real dilemma. It was gonna be a great weekend for me as well, go to the Thistle game on the Saturday and play for my powerchair football team on the Sunday. Thanks a lot Sky! If they'd even made it a 5.30 kick off that would have been ok. At least it will benefit Thistle financially. Still really annoyed though!

Always better to play than watch...........especially the mis-match car crash that is Thistle v Aberdeen at present